Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Autocross Deland, FL?

Old 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Turbopower87
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Autocross Deland, FL?

Is anyone going to the autocross event in Deland, FL November 28th? I have never attended an auto-x but it is something I would like to try as it would allow me to enjoy my car the way it was meant to be driven without breaking the bank or the law.

I would really like to go with someone from the forum if possible, especially if you have done an event before and could give me advice.

Even if you are not going, can anyone help me with what class my car should be enrolled in? I have a 2004 coupe and only bolt ons are a CAI and axle-back exhaust. There are tons of classes and they are all abbreviations from AM-XPL but with no definitions as to what they are on the registration form. The Solo website had a list of classes where I thought my car would fit in either a Production or Touring category but none of those listed on the solo site seem to match the abbreviations on the registration form.

Here is a link to the website through which I would need to register http://cfrsolo2.com/schedule.php

Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks,
Neal
Old 11-04-2010, 12:47 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbopower87
Is anyone going to the autocross event in Deland, FL November 28th? I have never attended an auto-x but it is something I would like to try as it would allow me to enjoy my car the way it was meant to be driven without breaking the bank or the law.

I would really like to go with someone from the forum if possible, especially if you have done an event before and could give me advice.

Even if you are not going, can anyone help me with what class my car should be enrolled in? I have a 2004 coupe and only bolt ons are a CAI and axle-back exhaust. There are tons of classes and they are all abbreviations from AM-XPL but with no definitions as to what they are on the registration form. The Solo website had a list of classes where I thought my car would fit in either a Production or Touring category but none of those listed on the solo site seem to match the abbreviations on the registration form.

Here is a link to the website through which I would need to register http://cfrsolo2.com/schedule.php

Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks,
Neal
Since its your first time out you would have to register in the novice class. I might actually make it out there this time around but I'm not sure. Also you should come out to the ricer meet on thursday nights out by steak and shake around 10. I'm usually out there with a few guys that have legitimate cars and a couple of them do autocross a lot so I could put you in touch with them.

Peter
Old 11-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Turbopower87
Melting Slicks

Peter,

I'd love to come out to the meet next week, where roughly is the Steak and Shake?

What all do I need for the auto-x such as helmet etc.?
Old 11-04-2010, 03:02 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Turbopower87
Peter,

I'd love to come out to the meet next week, where roughly is the Steak and Shake?

What all do I need for the auto-x such as helmet etc.?
Steak and shake is at the corner of international speedway and nova road.

They have loaner helmets at the autox events, but personally I bought my own because it just didn't seem that sanitary to me to be wearing the same helmet as other people.

You can pick up a open face helmet from The Helmet Shop over on beach street for around $80
Old 11-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Turbopower87
Melting Slicks

I'm gong to try to make it out to the Steak and Shake meet on Thursday. May be late, I think we are going to a movie beforehand. I'll be in a yellow 04 coupe.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:18 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

I'll probably be out there and most likely it won't be till around 10ish. I'll probably be in my F250
Old 11-14-2010, 06:54 AM
jwt1603
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 194 Likes on 130 Posts

How many runs do you typically get at these events? It's fairly close to home and we'll go right by on Sunday on our way back from an auto-x in Punta Gorda on Saturday.

Get notified of new replies

To Autocross Deland, FL?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Autocross Deland, FL?