Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia
View Poll Results: What month works best for you?
March
25.00%
April
75.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Lunch at Vogel State Park (Mtn cruise)

Old 02-28-2011, 12:23 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Lunch at Vogel State Park (Mtn cruise)

Hello GA folks,

Well, the last event was a huge hit and the weather has been very nice for us as of late so I thought it was time to start putting the next meet-n-greet together.

To help narrow down a good wkd for the most cruiser's possible let's take a poll of what month works best for each.

Plan for the next event:
  • Where= Vogel State Park
  • When= Sunday (TBD; March or April)
  • Who= All Gen Corvette owner's welcome (any forum)
  • Meeting place= The BIG group will depart from the N. GA Outlets in Dawsonville. I'd imagine others will create smaller groups when coming from various parts of the city but we will ALL meet up and leave from the Outlets to head to Vogel.
  • Food= Vogel has some picnic areas that we can grill at and just relax by the lake. Once we have the date nailed down I will build out a participant list and ask that each person bring something. Hoping we can get a nice array of burgers, hotdogs, chips, sodas, desserts, etc. Whatever your hearts desire works for me.
  • Cruise= After the cookout we can cruise through the mtns and head back to the Outlets for a fairwell shake.
Anybody excited yet?

Last edited by LEAVINU; 03-01-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:09 AM
oldvettedrvr
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oldtimer

I'm game !!
Julian
Old 03-01-2011, 10:32 AM
joecaver
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

The date will make the difference on this one for us. I'll keep an eye on this thread for more info but it sounds like it should be fun.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:40 PM
mazeroth
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got back from the Dragons Tail this weekend so I should be good to go on another mountain trip in a couple weeks. I probably need new tires too but definitely interested.

Pics of this weekend:

http://www.photoreflect.com/store/Or...&po=750&pc=855
Old 03-01-2011, 05:04 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

^^^I knew the silver VW was in trouble at the first pic. Totally wrong line and the body transfer was spelling disaster. Assuming he didn't totally go over?

Hwy180=

My guess is the yellow scubby didn't stand a chance against Mike in the Miata. That car is very well setup and he's been driving up there as long as I have. Poor scubby didnt know what left him.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:04 PM
dougatl
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on this, would love to do, been a while since the last Corvette cruise a while back when about two dozen of us cruised south to Milledgeville, on to Augusta and back to the Atlanta area, was a blast. Only weekend out for me in the next month or so is Sunday April 1, heading to Aruba for a mini vacation.
Doug

Get notified of new replies

To Lunch at Vogel State Park (Mtn cruise)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lunch at Vogel State Park (Mtn cruise)