Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Can anyone recommend an audio shop in Raleigh, NC

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 12:43 PM
dba4life
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Can anyone recommend an audio shop in Raleigh, NC

I am considering having a shop put an amp in my C5 vs doing it myself. Can anyone recommend an audio shop in Raleigh, NC.

Thanks
Old 04-25-2002, 08:08 PM
BKVIEW4U
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Can anyone recommend an audio shop in Raleigh, NC (dba4life)

kevin, i cant recommend one because i dont know any. but i can tell you to aviod at all costs the circuit city across from crabtree
Old 04-25-2002, 08:12 PM
dba4life
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Can anyone recommend an audio shop in Raleigh, NC (BKVIEW4U)

I got guestimate at $200 for the amp install. One place wouldn't do it because it was a Corvette and I didn't buy the equipment from them. I will probably try it myself.
Old 04-25-2002, 09:33 PM
Coot
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kevin;
Check out Audio Express...they do a lot our our installation work (stereos, CD Changers, etc). They should be in the phone book. We've not had a problem with them. At least worth the call.

George
Old 04-25-2002, 09:43 PM
dba4life
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Can anyone recommend an audio shop in Raleigh, NC (Coot)

Hi,

I tried them first but they were the ones that didn't want to install my own stuff in a Corvette. Said it wasn't profitable.

Thanks for the info.

Kevin;
Check out Audio Express...they do a lot our our installation work (stereos, CD Changers, etc). They should be in the phone book. We've not had a problem with them. At least worth the call.

George
Old 04-26-2002, 01:30 PM
Colin70
Advanced

I went to Stereo Trends on Buck Jones Rd. in the South Hills Plaza. They did decent work for not too much, definitely worht the installation fee, I didn't realize how messy of a job it was until they started tearing into it. I did have one problem though. They installed a 10 disc changer in one of the rear compartments of my 79 and ran what was supposedly a ground to the battery (there weren't any grounds other than that nearby). Pretty soon after that I had serious battery drains, and my battery was always hot. Turns out it was this wire they ran. We disconnected it and teh battery stopped dying yet the cd changer worked fine, no problems. I have no idea what they were thinking connecting that random wire, but for the rest (my new speakers, amp, stereo) they did a fine job, no problems.
Old 04-28-2002, 11:43 AM
Dave95C4
Pro

I can't recommend one in Raleigh, but I do know of one in Durham. One of my roommates works at Dashboard Stereo on 15-501 just as you come into Durham. (Exit 270 off of I-40, I think) He's really good with the stuff. He's the only person I'd let work on the electronics in my car. If you're interested, their number is 493-5473. Ask for the work to be done by "Jon". Their address is 4125 Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd (15-501). It may be a bit more of a drive than you wanted, but I know first-hand what kinda work this guy does. Let him know when you get there that you're from the forum and Dave recommended ya to him. He'll make sure your car is taken care of.

Dave
Old 04-28-2002, 01:23 PM
SharkbyteLT4
Le Mans Master

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Hi,

I tried them first but they were the ones that didn't want to install my own stuff in a Corvette. Said it wasn't profitable.

Thanks for the info.

Kevin;

George
That's funny. They installed my stuff in my SS, but I guess they did it because I did get them to make me a custom box. Got some very good sound, but the intellectual forgot to connect my ground wire to my amp. It was getting hot like a ******...
Old 04-28-2002, 02:42 PM
dba4life
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Can anyone recommend an audio shop in Raleigh, NC (Y2K253SS)

What kind of box did you put in?

Also I thought if the ground wire to the amp was left diconnected then you wouldn't get any power??

That's funny. They installed my stuff in my SS, but I guess they did it because I did get them to make me a custom box. Got some very good sound, but the intellectual forgot to connect my ground wire to my amp. It was getting hot like a ******...
Old 04-29-2002, 02:01 PM
NetJunkie
Burning Brakes

Try Dashboard in Durham. They've done several Vettes and I just had them look at mine to get an idea of what I might do. They'll do a nice job and won't tear up your car.

Old 04-29-2002, 02:32 PM
dba4life
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Can anyone recommend an audio shop in Raleigh, NC (NetJunkie)

I should probably put it in this thread that I ended up doing the install myself this weekend. There are a bunch of other threads with the details. The end results were good - just took a long time to get there...

Thanks for all the replies. Next time I will be going to Dashboard in Durham.

[Modified by dba4life, 1:32 PM 4/29/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To Can anyone recommend an audio shop in Raleigh, NC

Quick Reply: Can anyone recommend an audio shop in Raleigh, NC