Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Cooters - Troy Alabama ??????

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Poppa Bud
Race Director

Received 74 Likes on 37 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In IX Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Default Cooters - Troy Alabama ??????

I drive past this place on Alabama 167 south of Troy on my way to Panama City Beach. Kind of neat looking place but the gate is usually locked.

Anybody know anything about it??????
Old 08-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Olustee bus
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I see that often. I have seen some nice cars there. Must be a fellow who just collects cars or something.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:56 PM
buzntod
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have also passed by many times, but last summer I was passing by and the gate was open so I pulled in, his name is Charles Corley and let me tell you his place is amazing. It is an old elementary school and he has collected everything from 1969 unopened cornflake cereal boxes to the mechanical bull from the movie Urban Cowboy (which he traded a 1955 Chevrolet for) to corvettes, novas, and fords. He was very king to take his time and show me around, his place is unbelievable. He is also a big Alabama football fan and it shows in his collections.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Poppa Bud
Race Director

Received 74 Likes on 37 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In IX Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by buzntod
I have also passed by many times, but last summer I was passing by and the gate was open so I pulled in, his name is Charles Corley and let me tell you his place is amazing. It is an old elementary school and he has collected everything from 1969 unopened cornflake cereal boxes to the mechanical bull from the movie Urban Cowboy (which he traded a 1955 Chevrolet for) to corvettes, novas, and fords. He was very king to take his time and show me around, his place is unbelievable. He is also a big Alabama football fan and it shows in his collections.
Thanks for the info.

So if the gate is open do you think he'd mind showing someone else around?????
Old 03-23-2013, 08:39 PM
ornxx005
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i stopped by this place a few days ago. before i could get out of my car, the guy there said "this ain't a business, it's my house" and he told us to leave. maybe i caught him on a bad day or maybe he's a dick head

Get notified of new replies

To Cooters - Troy Alabama ??????

Quick Reply: Cooters - Troy Alabama ??????