Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

The ***OFFICIAL CHARLOTTE NC GET TOGETHER*** Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 07:18 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

The Cyclo is very easy to use for a beginner. Almost no vibration,a lot less likely to over correct with it, but it doesn't cut as fast either.. Gets into very small areas because of the small pads so you can do most everything with one machine.. It doesn't pull in one direction or the other because the heads counter rotate so it's easier on my shoulders. If you don't do it for a living and only want to buy one machine I'd go with the Cyclo, that's what I did and I have no regrets. I'm in my 50's now so the lack of vibration and not having the machine fighting me at times is a big factor. All three are good machines. Also you can put brushes on the cyclo and clean carpet, mats, and with the special soft pads even leather seats. I have the brushes for carpet and mats and they make things look new.

Last edited by badhabit_wb; 01-27-2015 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:10 PM
procketus
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C4 of Year Finalist

Here ya go guys.

Looking forward to this one again.

http://rtp-corvettes.com/events/shel...bute-car-show/
Old 01-27-2015, 08:13 PM
Tommy Almond
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by procketus
Here ya go guys.

Looking forward to this one again.

http://rtp-corvettes.com/events/shel...bute-car-show/
Lord have mercy............drunk again on wine ole wine.......party on white boy.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:47 PM
procketus
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C4 of Year Finalist

Can't come soon enough...down to 2 bottles left from last years case.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:06 AM
08velocity
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
Thanks Scott. I'm so sorry that we never had any time to hang out. We just left Clermont for what is possibly our last time there. Our daughter is now working for Disney in NC and we have moved her out. The wife and I are looking for a house somewhere near there, but that won't be for awhile. Let's keep in touch and maybe we will go to some kind of event together.My wife is looking into something at Disney for our Corvette friends and family. Not to mention I want to run my Z at Speed World Dragway some time.
will keep in touch for sure !!! how's Lilly doing ?? there's a good chance we will be at Petit Le man at Road Atlanta in October, any chance you will be there ?

Last edited by 08velocity; 01-28-2015 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:33 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Thanks for posting that event Steve. Will probably be there this year to spectate and do the wine sampling/chugging again.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:14 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Default Lilly

Originally Posted by 08velocity
will keep in touch for sure !!! how's Lilly doing ?? there's a good chance we will be at Petit Le man at Road Atlanta in October, any chance you will be there ?
Hey Scott,

Lilly is doing fantastic, thanks. She really likes the new Z as it makes her more comfortable that she and it are the same colors just like our Grand Sport was.lol They still don't really know what made her so sick. They even did exploritory surgery and found nothing. The 3 vets at the animal hospital have never encountered anything like it before. We are just thankful that she is well. It didn't look good for a few days.
As for Atlanta, it's way too early for us to say right now. We ended up spending a lot more money than we had hoped to. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE this Z06. It's unbelievable at every level. It's really similar in total power to our GS, but it drives much different. It's been 6+ years since I've had a car with some appreciable power that I rowed through the gears. It looks like the A8's are just going into production and I had a very small window of opportunity to buy a car. Had I waited, it wouldn't have worked, very long story. I'll keep you posted of what and when and where we try to go this year. I think our first real outing this year is going to be Amelia Island sometime in March.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:42 AM
08velocity
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
Hey Scott,

Lilly is doing fantastic, thanks. She really likes the new Z as it makes her more comfortable that she and it are the same colors just like our Grand Sport was.lol They still don't really know what made her so sick. They even did exploritory surgery and found nothing. The 3 vets at the animal hospital have never encountered anything like it before. We are just thankful that she is well. It didn't look good for a few days.
As for Atlanta, it's way too early for us to say right now. We ended up spending a lot more money than we had hoped to. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE this Z06. It's unbelievable at every level. It's really similar in total power to our GS, but it drives much different. It's been 6+ years since I've had a car with some appreciable power that I rowed through the gears. It looks like the A8's are just going into production and I had a very small window of opportunity to buy a car. Had I waited, it wouldn't have worked, very long story. I'll keep you posted of what and when and where we try to go this year. I think our first real outing this year is going to be Amelia Island sometime in March.
So glad to hear she's doing good, my wife and I have 4 dog's ( no kids) 3 of which are rescues. She had asked if I had heard anything about how she was doing.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:38 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Originally Posted by 08velocity
So glad to hear she's doing good, my wife and I have 4 dog's ( no kids) 3 of which are rescues. She had asked if I had heard anything about how she was doing.
Thanks, that's very kind.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:34 PM
DEnglish29
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

David, like the new ride & Lee where have u been hiding? No TP get togethers, no C&C, nothing, thought maybe you changed camps like Roush
Old 01-29-2015, 09:41 PM
z06scentair
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by denglish29
lee where have u been hiding? No tp get togethers, no c&c, nothing, thought maybe you changed camps like roush
lmao
Old 01-31-2015, 10:32 AM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Thanks DE, I appreciate that. I too have been wondering about Lee. Lee, are you OK?
Old 01-31-2015, 10:37 AM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

We hope to see y'all at c&c next Saturday. I was really hoping to have the tires changed on our car before driving that far. I just hate to waste these Cup tires on normal driving. I've been searching for someone to trade with. One guy in NY wants to trade, but he is snowed in right now.

Do y'all know anyone else that might be interested in trading? Thanks.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:04 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Thanks guys for worrying. I've had some unexpected tragedies come up in my life which I won't bore anyone with....but long story short, it has left me Z-less. Had to make a lot of changes in my life professionally and personally. I will be back in a Z soon hopefully.....and hopefully it will be my old Z.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:22 PM
z06scentair
Drifting

Originally Posted by LFZ
Thanks guys for worrying. I've had some unexpected tragedies come up in my life which I won't bore anyone with....but long story short, it has left me Z-less. Had to make a lot of changes in my life professionally and personally. I will be back in a Z soon hopefully.....and hopefully it will be my old Z.
Lee

Hope all is well. Bad times hit us all and it's the perseverance that always shines through.

Keep your head up and move forward. Don't dwell on whatever has happened.

The old man told me when I hit the trials, you've had it before and you'll have it again.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:29 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Thanks Brad for the kind words of encouragement.

*i didn't mean to put this thread on a serious note.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:39 PM
z06scentair
Drifting

Originally Posted by LFZ
Thanks Brad for the kind words of encouragement.

*i didn't mean to put this thread on a serious note.
I did....sometimes it takes someone from the outside looking in to give you that push forward.

Get notified of new replies

To The ***OFFICIAL CHARLOTTE NC GET TOGETHER*** Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 02:01 PM
DEnglish29
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LFZ
Sorry to hear the bad news, let me know if there is anything I can do.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:23 AM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by LFZ
Lee, I am so sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out ok. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to call me.

I have had some recent changes as well (work related) and I may have to sell my Corvette by the end of the year. I hope it doesn't come to that but it could.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:43 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Thanks guys for the kind words. You guys truly are some good people. I really appreciate it.

Now will someone please post a Walmart pic, car pic, funny cat gif or something.

Quick Reply: The ***OFFICIAL CHARLOTTE NC GET TOGETHER*** Thread