Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Louisville Vette Drivers group

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 09:13 AM
LTC Hutto
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am actually in Mt. Washington. I just haven't got used to saying it, lol.[/QUOTE]

Did we meet last year on the NCM caravan thread? Then later at a cars n coffee? JR

FYI there's the cruise at the castle on bardstown road just south of glen Mary this Friday. A bunch of us derby city members are going to the huge summer night cruise in sommerset, KY this weekend. Will be my first time but I get the impression it's like when NSRA comes to Louisville but a smaller scale.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:35 AM
Curtisc19
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wasn't me! I would love to do one of the caravans though.

And I see the awesomeness at the castle all the time, just never stop in there. What time Friday?
Old 07-22-2015, 08:02 AM
LTC Hutto
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Curtisc19
Wasn't me! I would love to do one of the caravans though.

And I see the awesomeness at the castle all the time, just never stop in there. What time Friday?
I didn't think that was you. I think his name is Brian also in mt Washington. He bought a red c3 roadster then found a c5 vert.

Next caravan is 4 years off. I've been twice and both times joined in Indy at IMS and took a lap round the brickyard. It's a neat trip and with thousands of corvettes in BG, there's nothing quite like it. The bash every April is a don't miss fir me too.

The castle cruise in starts about 5pm but folks will show as early as noon to stake out parking spaces. The real fun is watching folks burn out on the hwy when they leave. Did I say smokey rubber air?

Go ahead, take you sons there this Friday. Just drive in like you own the place. You can enter your car or not. Just park and walk around and see some awesome cars and meet some neat folks!
Old 07-22-2015, 08:53 AM
Curtisc19
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LTC Hutto
I didn't think that was you. I think his name is Brian also in mt Washington. He bought a red c3 roadster then found a c5 vert.

Next caravan is 4 years off. I've been twice and both times joined in Indy at IMS and took a lap round the brickyard. It's a neat trip and with thousands of corvettes in BG, there's nothing quite like it. The bash every April is a don't miss fir me too.

The castle cruise in starts about 5pm but folks will show as early as noon to stake out parking spaces. The real fun is watching folks burn out on the hwy when they leave. Did I say smokey rubber air?

Go ahead, take you sons there this Friday. Just drive in like you own the place. You can enter your car or not. Just park and walk around and see some awesome cars and meet some neat folks!
We will try and be there Friday. Don't know if I will enter my completely stock C5 vert, unless I can get it super clean by then.

Also, judging by the names/icons...just wanted to add that I am a USAF veteran, lol.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:15 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

i will probably not make it to the castle friday night (daughters birthday), but its a great time and lots of different cars.

The next big corvette museum event is labor day weekend (thurs, friday, saturday).
Old 07-23-2015, 08:05 AM
LTC Hutto
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Curtisc19
We will try and be there Friday. Don't know if I will enter my completely stock C5 vert, unless I can get it super clean by then.

Also, judging by the names/icons...just wanted to add that I am a USAF veteran, lol.
Thank you for serving America! There's also a military car club that meets at the castle. Not sure when or how to find them though. Think they'll meet there next saturday or this one. Don't know.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:28 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Hey folks. Are there any cruises or shows this weekend in the Louisville area? Didn't see a lot on the Wilder Than Most car club calendar.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:00 PM
Power Hawk
Burning Brakes

Received 218 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by RACE U
Hey folks. Are there any cruises or shows this weekend in the Louisville area? Didn't see a lot on the Wilder Than Most car club calendar.
I was looking for a cruise or show to attend also, but did not find any.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:03 AM
RailroadsilverC6
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cars and coffee is this weekend at captains quarters I believe. If so are we meeting at starbucks at 8. Mount Washington is getting full of corvette owners I see.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:41 AM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Power Hawk
I was looking for a cruise or show to attend also, but did not find any.
Love your hoodliner. I believe I know that artist's work. Is that Mr. Ray's work?
Old 08-05-2015, 06:58 AM
Power Hawk
Burning Brakes

Love your hoodliner. I believe I know that artist's work. Is that Mr. Ray's work?
Thank you. Yes, it is a Steve Ray liner. I am very pleased with it. I went to his shop in Owensboro and had him install it.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:13 AM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Thank you. Yes, it is a Steve Ray liner. I am very pleased with it. I went to his shop in Owensboro and had him install it.

Steve is really expensive, but I have not found anyone that does a nicer job. He is a good guy as well.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:28 AM
Power Hawk
Burning Brakes

Steve is really expensive, but I have not found anyone that does a nicer job. He is a good guy as well.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:44 AM
Power Hawk
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RailroadsilverC6
Cars and coffee is this weekend at captains quarters I believe. If so are we meeting at starbucks at 8. Mount Washington is getting full of corvette owners I see.
Sounds good to me. Aug 8th at Starbucks near exit 14 off I-71 in Crestwood. Leave at 8:30 a.m. and cruise to cars & coffee at Capt. Quarters. Then several of us are cruising to the Whistle Stop Café for lunch. Please feel free to join us for any or all of the above. There is talk of cruising to a car show after Whistle Stop.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:27 PM
LTC Hutto
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Sounds good to me. Aug 8th at Starbucks near exit 14 off I-71 in Crestwood. Leave at 8:30 a.m. and cruise to cars & coffee at Capt. Quarters. Then several of us are cruising to the Whistle Stop Café for lunch. Please feel free to join us for any or all of the above. There is talk of cruising to a car show after Whistle Stop.
It's not just talk. Charlie and I are going for sure. It's at the Hillview Tractor Supply shopping center on Preston Hwy at the Bullitt county line.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:22 PM
SargeZ06
Burning Brakes

I was going to go but I bought new trailer (for hauling car to the track) and I'm picking i up tomorrow AM. Maybe next month.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:57 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Looking for Reliable Shoo in Louisville with Equipment to Change Runflats

I maybe changing out my rims, but I have never had luck with a tire dealer that has the correct equipment to change out runflats. In addition, it's my understanding the new C7's are particularly challenging.

Does anyone have a good recommendation?

Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To Louisville Vette Drivers group

Old 08-12-2015, 08:51 AM
LTC Hutto
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Tire installers

I've had a couple places do them on my C5's with no problems. They charge more, but never balked at it. Both were recommended installers from tire rack. One was on fern valley but either isn't in business or moved. the other is in Lyndon behind the Cuban restaurant on Lyndon lane Abe old la grange rd. I need to look them up about a front end alignment. I'd think the problem you've run into is shops not having equipment to deal with such wide tires/ rims. Try www.tirerack.com for recommended installers in Louisville, that's probably best bet.
C7 has similar size tires / rims as C5-C6 so I can't see why they would be a problem with machinery. Keep in mind not talking about the Z model cars.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:43 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by LTC Hutto
I've had a couple places do them on my C5's with no problems. They charge more, but never balked at it. Both were recommended installers from tire rack. One was on fern valley but either isn't in business or moved. the other is in Lyndon behind the Cuban restaurant on Lyndon lane Abe old la grange rd. I need to look them up about a front end alignment. I'd think the problem you've run into is shops not having equipment to deal with such wide tires/ rims. Try www.tirerack.com for recommended installers in Louisville, that's probably best bet.
C7 has similar size tires / rims as C5-C6 so I can't see why they would be a problem with machinery. Keep in mind not talking about the Z model cars.
Unfortunately, we are talking about a C7 Z. Both michelin and gm says a touchless tire mounting machine must be used. I have an inquiry into tire rack, but haven't heard anything back. Its pretty frustrating. Have not found a shop in louisville that has one. God forbid if I have a flat.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:56 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Tire rack just emailed me back and said evolution autosport in Lyndon should have the touchless equipment to install the c7 z06 michelin super sports on factory rims. Has anyone have dealings with this shop?

Quick Reply: Louisville Vette Drivers group