Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Piedmont area of NC Shops

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 07:01 PM
K&L_Vette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piedmont area of NC Shops

Anyone know of resto shops around Winston, Greensboro, Charlotte area? I live in Davie County and I am going to do the suspension and interior but I would like to find a shop with Corvette experience for wiring, paint and some of the other body and frame work that I would like done while the engine and trans is being rebuilt.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Peterbuilt
Le Mans Master

Received 1,246 Likes on 966 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Default In Charlotte

Corvette Etc
4927 Wilkinson Blvd
Charlotte, NC
704-394-5150

I've had him do work for me and I've seen some of the Vettes hes worked on and you'll be happy with him too!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-t...e-is-home.html
Old 08-22-2012, 12:15 AM
K&L_Vette
Intermediate

Thanks!! That is great! About 40 miles south of me. Figured I was gonna have to travel more than that to find a good Vette guy. After reading the comments, it seems I got lucky to find a good one close by!
Old 09-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Harps
Le Mans Master

Received 137 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by K&L_Vette
Thanks!! That is great! About 40 miles south of me. Figured I was gonna have to travel more than that to find a good Vette guy. After reading the comments, it seems I got lucky to find a good one close by!
If you're still looking, you need to call Scott Lawrence in Kernersville. You wont' find anyone better, reasonable, and very honest.

You can see some of his work on his site here:

http://www.phoenixrestorationnc.com/

Let me know if you have any questions.

Rob Harper
Raleigh, NC
Old 09-13-2012, 10:43 AM
jbroughton
Racer

I would definitely second that recommendation for Scott Lawrence, he does beautiful work!

Jeff Broughton
Kernersville, NC
Old 10-12-2020, 03:40 PM
Dave Tracy
Melting Slicks

Received 294 Likes on 183 Posts

If you were responsible for the work to this point, you do have the skills to reassemble it. There is satisfaction in completing the project yourself. I know that there are times of discouragement. As far as having it done, I agree with all of the above. You will be grossly upside down $ wise for a resale. Your time is cheaper than someone working for you. If you are not at all motivated to carry this through, sell now rather than invest more into the "money pit". I hope you can resurrect your project. I, too, have a '64 air coupe.
Old 10-13-2020, 04:48 AM
Hitman227
Melting Slicks

Received 394 Likes on 347 Posts

Two I can suggest

Carolina Auto Masters (CAM), Burlington, NC - Owner/Operator Jeff Creech, LS Shop, good personal service

Tick Performance, Mt Airy (I believe), NC - no direct experience, but huge LS Shop/Vendor

Get notified of new replies

To Piedmont area of NC Shops

Quick Reply: Piedmont area of NC Shops