Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Vengeance Racing Experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 02:26 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 189 Posts

Default Vengeance Racing Experience

My experience begins over a year ago. I had decided I had wanted more out of my blown LS2 and figured if I was going to build the motor I should put more power down and caught a decent deal on a used TTiX kit. I had the goal to hit 200mph in a mile event and wanted a car I could drive for pleasure, be fast and still look the part. I emailed this vision to Eight shops, all who I have seen put out 1000rwhp Corvettes here on the forum. I heard back from four of the shops that they would put together a quote for me to get an idea of what it would take to achieve my goals. From here only two actually made me a quote and after reviewing what I would be getting for my money I went with Vengeance.

The Vengeance experience began right away. I had a lot of questions, some less serious than others but none the less Ron gave me a complete and enthusiastic answer. He made my ideas welcome and we worked together to get the ball rolling on my project which now grew to a 440 solid roller RHS with their custom system.

I set out from Chicago in December, Ron gives me his phone number with instruction that if I have any problems on the road to call him so he can help or pick me up. I arrived to their shop on a Sunday afternoon as this was the only day I was available to drive down and Ron still met me and took time out of his day off to give me a tour and show me where my car would be worked on. I met his wife and two sons and instantly we felt like we were old friends just hanging out. Ron drove my girlfriend and I out of his way so we could have a rental car that night to explore the city. We were taken out to lunch to talk cars and meet the rest of the team. I got to see how passionate all of the members of the VR crew were as they talked about their own person projects and ways of enjoying cars on their time off.

Over the winter I came down with my Grandfather to see the car during the middle of the build. Knowing that I like to work on cars myself Jey had saved the fabrication of the charge tube for when I arrived and we were able to weld up the Vband ends and BOV attachments. Ron took care of my Grandfather while I was working and made sure he felt comfortable and welcomed. Again we were graciously taken to lunch and allowed to hang out and talk about life.

Once the car was running I was invited down and this time brought my mother along. She got the same treatment from the whole crew and even though knows nothing about cars had a great time meeting everyone and seeing how the shop opperated day to day. The car fired up and we were given a tour outlining all of the purchased items that were installed as well as all of the custom fabrication and special touches put in that would later go unseen with body panels covering them. Ron made it a point to be a great host and ensure we had a good visit helping us plan activities to do while visiting Georgia.

Once the car was running some final touches were left to complete putting the cars completion early in September. While all I could think about was driving again I knew this was the right thing and did not rush anything. Ron paid for me to come down and drive the car to see what it was like completed. Jey took time on his day off to again run through all the features of the setup and offer on the spot tuning while we were driving through the back roads. We were able to dial in boost by speed and get the car driving very well. At night everyone went to a nice dinner. We were able to hang out and relax after everyone had been working hard. Ron drove me to the airport an hour away so that I didnt have to rant a car for the weekend I was visiting.

It was decided at dinner I would be running at the half mile. Most people would just have you show up and yopu would do your own thing, ofcourse Ron isn't most people. They transported my car, kept it prepped during the event and continually made adjustments to the tune so that it would be running it's best. It's because of their support that I had done so well that weekend. That weekend I was invited to stay with the VR crew, their familys and other customers in a beautiful cabin located near the track. I had a blast eating delicious food and just chilling out with everyone. That night we were not a bunch of people racing cars we were a family of octane loving car nuts kicking back and having a blast.

With the car now complete Ron and Jey went through everything and made some simple cosmetic changes before driving up to my house 750 miles away. The car was transported in an enclosed trailer and delivered to my door. That night we had gone out to eat out and spend the evening together. It was my birthday that weekend so I not only got the gift of my car returning but the gift of having all my friends with me to celebrate. In the morning we checked the tune of the car and once I was comfortable with the engine management they set out to head home.

Through all this I knew I was getting a fast car, I was quick to realize after seeing their shop that I was going to get a high quality car. What I never expected was to make so many friends along the way to enjoy my hobby with. Ron has gone above and beyond what anyone would have done for me in terms of making myself and my family feel welcome. He treated us all with hospitality, enthusiasm and kindness. They're goal is to make everyone who comes through their door feel like family and they most certainly did that with me. It is not because of what we did either, Ron has treated everyone he encountered the same as if they were life long friends. This has been the greatest experience I have ever had with a purchase of any kind, best of all I get to re-enjoy it everytime Ron texts me to see whats up or when I start the monster up for a ride.

If you have any questions about the build or what they have done for me through this please let me know.

Thank you, Mike

Last edited by SinisterC6; 10-01-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Wow Mike, thanks for relating your experience. I have heard of many with similar praises of Vengeance doing such a great job. In this day and time, not to mention economy, it's wonderful to know there still are those out there that take their business practices to the level that Vengeance Racing has.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:04 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 189 Posts

Absolutely they made the whole process very satisfactory.

Get notified of new replies

To Vengeance Racing Experience

Quick Reply: Vengeance Racing Experience