Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Corvette Corral for the Rolex 24 at Daytona Jan 23-26, 2014

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 05:14 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Default Corvette Corral for the Rolex 24 at Daytona Jan 23-26, 2014

This is edited on Thursday January 16th - a week to go until activities start at the Speedway!!

Below is info about our Corvette Forum get-together. If you plan to join us, please let me know so I can make sure the restaurant is ready for our group.

Our Friday evening get-together will be 7:00PM Friday evening Jan 24th.

I got us reservations at the Outback Restaurant right outside the northeast corner of the Speedway.

You can see the GREEN dot where the Corvette Corral is.

The BLUE line goes from the Corvette Corral, through the Turn 4 Tunnel, left on Midway for a very short distance, and into the Outback parking lot.

The RED square is the Outback.

We're up to around 31 people so far with a week to go!!

C'ya at the track next week!!!

Bob

Last edited by BEZ06; 01-18-2014 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Added info about our Friday evening get-together
Old 12-19-2013, 07:08 PM
TimJBerry
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette corral

Bob,

Where can you get tickets for the corral? I may buy them in addition to my existing tickets.

Thanks,
Tim...
Old 12-20-2013, 09:14 AM
BAMAGOLFER
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'10-'11

Guys Thanks for the info. PM sent to Bob.
I have been to the Petit Le Mans Corvette Corral and it is worth the money.
For anyone going to Sebring, I have heard that they have a great time there. It's on my list.

Kelly
Old 12-20-2013, 09:33 AM
nickTsandman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Here is the web site to purchase the Corvette Corral Package for the Rolex 24 at Daytona.

http://www.daytonainternationalspeed.../Corvette.aspx

I also understand that if you have already purchased a regular four day pass, you may be able to mail it in for a refund. If that is your situation call the toll free number to purchase your Corvette Corral Package and inform them that you have a four day pass to exchange.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:54 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

If there's any chance to exchange tickets you already have for a Corvette Corral package like Nick mentioned, you'll probably need to talk to a person. That link he put up has a phone#, and here's another - if you have problems, this person in "Group Sales" may be able to help:

Hunter Dalton
Group Sales Associate
Daytona International Speedway
1801 West International Speedway Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
O: 386-681-5582
E: hdalton@daytonainternationalspeedway.com

C'ya at the track!!

Bob
Old 12-20-2013, 08:42 PM
TimJBerry
Cruising

Default Ticket exchange

I called today and was able to exchange my two day tickets for the four day passes. I added the Corvette Corral to my package. I did not talk to Hunter, I did it with the sales associate that answered my call. There was no charge for the exchange, they will just refund my account the two day passes and I will pay the difference for the corral package.

Just thought I would share this. Thanks for the heads up Bob.

I will see you all in the corral. Magnetic Red C5. I will be there Friday morning for the pace laps.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:45 AM
BAMAGOLFER
Melting Slicks

Default Ticket Holder!!

Just ordered mine.
Won't be there till Thursday evening. See y'all Friday morning.
I'll be in the Crystal Red 2010 GS with Hennessey on the windshield.

Kelly
Old 12-24-2013, 07:31 PM
wayneinvirginia
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

I'll be flying down from Virginia. I'll see if I can get a peek in the corral. I was in the last two are VIR and they were great.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:08 PM
auctiondepot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wayneinvirginia
I'll be flying down from Virginia. I'll see if I can get a peek in the corral. I was in the last two are VIR and they were great.
I'm flying in from Toronto, may even have a black vet for the corral with me.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:19 AM
07IPCforMe
Intermediate

Default Corvette required?

I just bought my ticket for the Corral and can't wait for the event. A couple of detail questions for anyone who has done a Corvette Corral @ Daytona before (I've only been to last year's @ COTA):

It say "Corvettes only, please" in the marketing section, but in the fine print says "Only Corvettes are permitted in the corral parking." I'm not sure I want to put the TX to FL miles on my GS, and wonder how strict this requirement is at this event. As a proud owner, I can see both sides of it, but please realize that at the COTA event, it was just an area of the parking lot with other cars in the "next" rows and pretty much all around. (I'd park on the end vs. the middle of a row of Vettes, of course )

Also, it says in the fine print that there is "No overnight parking in the Corvette Car Corral." At a 24 hour race, I hope this is an error in the printout/webpage...otherwise,

I would also assume there are in & out priveleges, but you know what they say about assuming, so...
Old 01-05-2014, 05:08 PM
TNeReFFiDxMiTCH
Heel & Toe

from what i was told there will only be 100 tickets sold, meaning 50 vettes. this is being put on specially by chevrolet, not the speedway. i tried to buy a single pass but couldnt because that would mean a leftover pass for them that they couldnt sell. i made sure i had mine on lockdown days before they even went on sale. i too have to return my 4 day pass with camping tix and then had to convince pops he better join me haha.

cant wait to see everyone there. this will be my third corral, 1 at sebring, 2nd in a row at daytona.

96 lt4 greenwood edition
Old 01-05-2014, 10:53 PM
BAMAGOLFER
Melting Slicks

100 tickets? Wow. I hope Chevrolet does something special since this is the first race for the C7R.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:53 AM
07IPCforMe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TNeReFFiDxMiTCH
from what i was told there will only be 100 tickets sold, meaning 50 vettes. this is being put on specially by chevrolet, not the speedway. i tried to buy a single pass but couldnt because that would mean a leftover pass for them that they couldnt sell. i made sure i had mine on lockdown days before they even went on sale. i too have to return my 4 day pass with camping tix and then had to convince pops he better join me haha.

cant wait to see everyone there. this will be my third corral, 1 at sebring, 2nd in a row at daytona.

96 lt4 greenwood edition
The way it went for my purchase was that I bought one ticket "package" and that includes one car and two people...I would think 100 total would = 100 Vettes and up to 200 people. One $250 ticket could go for one car and one person, but then there'd be an extra set of admission/access tix going unused. Just my perception of the process.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:04 PM
TNeReFFiDxMiTCH
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by 07IPCforMe

The way it went for my purchase was that I bought one ticket "package" and that includes one car and two people...I would think 100 total would = 100 Vettes and up to 200 people. One $250 ticket could go for one car and one person, but then there'd be an extra set of admission/access tix going unused. Just my perception of the process.

Thats still extremely exclusive and I think you sound more correct than I do but I didnt ask. All I cared about was getting locked in. Im so ecstatic ill be apart of such an epic event. My friends returned from the Roar before the 24 and reported complete insanity and coolness.

I hope everyone is ready to have their mind blown.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:38 AM
Trae1976
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's the way it was described to me (except it is $230/package), and as described at the link in nickTsandman's post.

See you there!
Old 01-07-2014, 10:16 AM
07IPCforMe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nickTsandman
The Corvette Corral will be located near the turn 4 tunnel. Hoping they will sell out the 100 2 person packages!

[/URL]
Nice map...actually big enough to read the details! somewhere else I was under the impression the Corral would be in turn 1, so this is good to know for planning. Not that you asked...

Any feedback/thoughts on the non-Vette access and overnight parking questions? Anyone?
Old 01-07-2014, 10:29 AM
TNeReFFiDxMiTCH
Heel & Toe

Nice map...actually big enough to read the details! somewhere else I was under the impression the Corral would be in turn 1, so this is good to know for planning. Not that you asked...

Any feedback/thoughts on the non-Vette access and overnight parking questions? Anyone?

I was told overnight parking would not be an issue because ill be camping in a tent at the caveman campgrounds. But we all do have infield parking. Passes so just find a spot not inside the corral worst case scenario.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Corral for the Rolex 24 at Daytona Jan 23-26, 2014

Old 01-07-2014, 10:59 AM
07IPCforMe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TNeReFFiDxMiTCH
I was told overnight parking would not be an issue because ill be camping in a tent at the caveman campgrounds. But we all do have infield parking. Passes so just find a spot not inside the corral worst case scenario.
Good thought on the infield parking "find a spot".

I just finished a chat, and Vettes can stay 24 hrs/day "but no camping in the Corral" (not sure how comfy that hatch would be for two adults!)

I splurged on a tent space outside Turn 1 where we can park my Uncle's SUV and throw up a tent for a snooze if we're on that end of the world...what's another $20 (plus another $15 processing fee) for an event like this, right??

Any ideas on what celebs we'll se at the Corvette events? I met Ron Fellows in Austin. I looked so star-struck, I think he was afraid of me. (I had no idea he would be there)
Old 01-07-2014, 03:08 PM
TNeReFFiDxMiTCH
Heel & Toe

Good thought on the infield parking "find a spot".

I just finished a chat, and Vettes can stay 24 hrs/day "but no camping in the Corral" (not sure how comfy that hatch would be for two adults!)

I splurged on a tent space outside Turn 1 where we can park my Uncle's SUV and throw up a tent for a snooze if we're on that end of the world...what's another $20 (plus another $15 processing fee) for an event like this, right??

Any ideas on what celebs we'll se at the Corvette events? I met Ron Fellows in Austin. I looked so star-struck, I think he was afraid of me. (I had no idea he would be there)

Once the race begins they probably wont care if you pop up a small tent. We all know how relaxed it is at 3am hahahaha. I slept in my seat last year fwit
Old 01-07-2014, 06:04 PM
nickTsandman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Image is back, The Corvette Corral is near turn 4. Hope the Corral is a sell out!

Quick Reply: Corvette Corral for the Rolex 24 at Daytona Jan 23-26, 2014