Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Lindsay Chevrolet for C6 Headlight Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 04:56 PM
NETRIDER
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lindsay Chevrolet for C6 Headlight Issue

Sup CF,

I just dropped my darling off at the Lindsay Chevrolet in Woodbridge off Route 1.

A fellow c6 owner I met in the area gave high regard to this place for my service needs with my 2007 c6.

I basically have the same problem as stated here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...e-problem.html

but it's been inconsistent. The mid/low beams work fine @ the beginning of the day. then right as night falls or the "headlights suggested" shows on the dashboard, the main/mid beams turn off.

I just noticed it a few weeks ago.

My hope is that its a simple fuse that needs to be replaced.

Anyone have outstanding experiences at Lindsay Chevrolet they'd like to share? Positives and negatives are welcome.

Mods feel free to delete this thread if its in the wrong section, etc

Thank you all
Old 09-07-2014, 12:35 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Lindsay Chevy Service is a good shop. My only complaint is their construction and their parking lot. Once their construction is done, that's where I'll be taking my Vette.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:37 PM
NETRIDER
Cruising

Got it back this morning and it worked @ the dealership. Apparently they replaced a relay that was causing the issue.

By the time I got back home, the lights were off again. I let it sit for 5 mins and tried again...same behavior.

I called Greg @ their Service Department again and hopes we can get it figured out Tuesday.

So far their customer service has been awkwardly pleasant but busy. I also find the construction and parking lot to be cumbersome and deterring.

Hopefully they will get to the root of the problem and clear it up soon.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:08 PM
NETRIDER
Cruising

This dealership's level of customer service was incredibly poor. When I told Gregory the issue wasn't resolved with my car, he jokingly insisted that I "had a gremlin inside" my car. I was charged $208 and the issue was still not resolved.

After a few weeks of being told bogus info by Gregory (that I would be three weeks in the future if I wished to schedule an appointment), I gave up and called General Motors.

Looks like it's under a GM recall. The dealership never mentioned this possibility. I look forward to someone from GM following up with me regarding this matter.

This dealership was comfortable, but this specific service guy Gregory is worthless.

RECALL INFO (FROM RECALLS.GM.COM)
GM Recall #:
N130146

NHTSA Recall #:
14V-251

Date Issued:
May 28, 2014

Recall Title:

Low-Beam Headlamps Inoperative

Recall Description:

General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in model year 2005-2007 Chevrolet Corvette vehicles. On these vehicles, when the engine is warm, the underhood bussed electrical center (UBEC) housing will expand, causing the headlamp low-beam relay control circuit routed wire to bend slightly. After the wire is repeatedly bent, it can fracture and separate. When this occurs, the low-beam headlamps will not illuminate. As the UBEC housing cools and contracts, the low-beam headlamp function may return. This condition does not affect the high-beam headlamps, marker lamps, turn signals, daytime running lamps or fog lamps.

Safety Risk Description:

Loss of low beam headlamps when they are required could reduce the drivers visibility, increasing the risk of a crash.

Repair Description:

Dealers are to replace the UBEC.
Recall Status: INCOMPLETE. Remedy not yet available.
FAQs

My vehicle has a recall, and the status reads: “INCOMPLETE.” What do I do next?

If the status field states “INCOMPLETE,” and your vehicle is a Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, HUMMER or Saturn please contact a Certified Service Dealer to schedule a service appointment or order parts. If your vehicle is a Saab, please contact an authorized Saab service center.

My vehicle has a recall, and the status reads: “INCOMPLETE. REMEDY NOT YET AVAILABLE.” What do I do next?

GM is working quickly to finalize the necessary repair procedures and/or obtain parts. You will be notified via written communication when the repair procedure or parts are available. You can also check back at this website or with your preferred Certified Service Dealer.

I have not received a recall letter in the mail. Can I still have my vehicle repaired?

Yes, you can still have your vehicle repaired if the status field states “INCOMPLETE.” If your vehicle is a Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, HUMMER or Saturn you should contact a Certified Service Dealer to schedule a service appointment or order parts. If your vehicle is a Saab, please contact an authorized Saab service center.

If the status field states, “INCOMPLETE. REMEDY NOT YET AVAILABLE,” GM will send you written communication once the remedy is available to properly repair your vehicle, or you can check back at this website or with your preferred Certified Service Dealer.

I have had my vehicle repaired by a Certified Service Dealer or authorized Saab service center, but the recall is still listed here. Why?

It can take up to 30 days for GM to receive repair information from your Certified Service Dealer or authorized Saab service center. If your vehicle was repaired more than 30 days ago, please contact the GM Owner Center at 1-866-694-6546.

Where can I find more information about GM recalls?

To view the latest GM Recall news, click here.

What now?

It is recommended that you contact your preferred Certified Service Dealer or authorized Saab service center and discuss your concerns with a member of the management team; as they will ultimately be responsible for completing the recall repairs for your vehicle.

If after contacting your preferred Certified Service Dealer or authorized Saab service center, your concerns are still unresolved, please refer to the list of contact centers below. Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. EST.

Buick: 1-800-521-7300
Cadillac: 1-800-458-8006
Chevrolet: 1-800-222-1020
GMC: 1-800-462-8782
Hummer: 1-866-486-6376
Oldsmobile: 1-800-442-6537
Pontiac: 1-800-762-2737
Saturn: 1-800-553-6000
Saab: 1-800-955-9007 (Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST)
Old 10-14-2014, 05:11 PM
NETRIDER
Cruising

I'm so thankful to be a Google City Expert for DC. This dealership will be thoroughly reviewed.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:31 PM
hawkandersonjr
Burning Brakes

Location: US-ARMY 1974-1996 Retired ; Oklahoma, City ; Atlanta, Ga: Hephzibah, Ga
Received 101 Likes on 37 Posts

Great information
Old 10-22-2014, 12:49 PM
69mako
Race Director

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Good info on a dealership/service dept. I was never impressed with.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:07 AM
NETRIDER
Cruising

I followed up with the great rep Janetta from General Motors regarding my complaint and recall notice. Apparently they now have a fix available. I went back to the recall site and verified my vin again. Now, I just have to choose a different dealership to get the service done and bring my receipts to them to process my refund from Lindsay Chevrolet's service department.

After reading this great post -> https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...anty-work.html I have no idea where to go now. that thread looks sort of spammy and difficult to see what's what.

Is Ourisman Chevrolet a good place to take your c6 Corvette?

I'm thankful to this entire community for the support and feedback. I'm done with Lindsay Chevrolet.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:41 PM
Snake.Oiler
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13,'14,'15,'16,'18,'19-'20,'22,'24

If you are willing to make the trip to Fredericksburg - bring it on down to Radley.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:22 AM
NETRIDER
Cruising

Originally Posted by Snake.Oiler
If you are willing to make the trip to Fredericksburg - bring it on down to Radley.
THANK YOU!

I made the trip.

Excellent advice.

The quality of care and professionalism of everyone exceeded all of my expectations.

The customer service at Radley is world class and totally worth the trip.

Old 04-10-2015, 01:20 PM
Conv_GSDriver
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NETRIDER
THANK YOU!

I made the trip.

Excellent advice.

The quality of care and professionalism of everyone exceeded all of my expectations.

The customer service at Radley is world class and totally worth the trip.

weird because I had the complete opposite experience at Radley. That's what made me drive to Lindsay chevy. Lindsay wasn't excellent by any means and that construction does decrease the experience.

The issue with Radley, they would not touch my car since I have aftermarket components on it. supercharged, etc. But many other components are still the OEM component and the service advisor I dealt with just didn't want to have anything to do with it. t really blew my mind, but I did a review of it on Google for that dealer. This happened last week. Radley is much closer to me than Lindsay but due to that experience, I will never return to Radley.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:09 AM
Conv_GSDriver
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am here at Lindsay to get the low beam recall done. I have been skeptical about doing it but from reading on here, the window notching that a lot of owners have been complaining about, well it happened to mine as well when they finished with my car. The window will still go down but it won't go back up. Reading that on this forum made me aware of that and checked for that before leaving the dealer.

What the rep says, which makes sense to me, is that the recall itself does not have any steps at all for checking or even mentioning the windows might be affected by this procedure then to reset the windows to operate as normal again. So this seems an outcome GM did not expect when this was drafted.

Last edited by Conv_GSDriver; 04-15-2015 at 02:05 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Lindsay Chevrolet for C6 Headlight Issue

Quick Reply: Lindsay Chevrolet for C6 Headlight Issue