Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

SoFla - charity ride events?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 12:58 PM
sla07
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default SoFla - charity ride events?

anyone know of any charity ride type events in the sofla area? i know corvettes arent mclarens or ferraris, etc, but we still love our cars and there are plenty of people that love them as well and don't have the opportunity to ever be in one or be taken out for a spin. figured i would check in here first to see if there are any groups that go to hospitals or something to do charity ride type events. i'd sign up if there were!
Old 09-23-2014, 10:07 PM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sla07
anyone know of any charity ride type events in the sofla area? i know corvettes arent mclarens or ferraris, etc, but we still love our cars and there are plenty of people that love them as well and don't have the opportunity to ever be in one or be taken out for a spin. figured i would check in here first to see if there are any groups that go to hospitals or something to do charity ride type events. i'd sign up if there were!
try flacarshows.com - there are a few charity events listed in the SE section. Its not pure vette, but mostly great shows.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:05 AM
sla07
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Geared
try flacarshows.com - there are a few charity events listed in the SE section. Its not pure vette, but mostly great shows.
thanks!! will look at them.

wondering if anyone here would be interested in doing something for a children's hospital down in miami?
Old 09-24-2014, 08:31 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I do those things in the Tampa Clearwater area as part of the St Jude stuff here on the forum...just make sure if you want to do a charity event for one of those places that they know, they don't mind you using their name/logo and remember if you do an event that your participants actions will reflect on that organization (IOW tell people not to act like idiots during the cruise)....also you may want a copy of their 501c3 on hand so if people ask where the money is going etc you can show them. Good luck
Old 09-25-2014, 01:37 PM
sla07
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by pewter99
I do those things in the Tampa Clearwater area as part of the St Jude stuff here on the forum...just make sure if you want to do a charity event for one of those places that they know, they don't mind you using their name/logo and remember if you do an event that your participants actions will reflect on that organization (IOW tell people not to act like idiots during the cruise)....also you may want a copy of their 501c3 on hand so if people ask where the money is going etc you can show them. Good luck
thanks for the info pewter!! i'll probably be up in your general area in a few weekends

ive never set one up and was just curious if people had done anything like it down here in the miami area…i think it would be pretty cool…a couple of my buddies do it out in austin,tx here and there with a bunch of sport cars (ie: ferrari's, mclarens, etc)…
Old 09-25-2014, 08:59 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by sla07
thanks for the info pewter!! i'll probably be up in your general area in a few weekends

ive never set one up and was just curious if people had done anything like it down here in the miami area…i think it would be pretty cool…a couple of my buddies do it out in austin,tx here and there with a bunch of sport cars (ie: ferrari's, mclarens, etc)…
gimme a heads up when you head this way

lots of fun....lots of work....if you want to bounce ideas of me or ask for advice let me know...I will be glad to help where I can
Old 09-26-2014, 10:46 AM
sla07
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by pewter99
gimme a heads up when you head this way

lots of fun....lots of work....if you want to bounce ideas of me or ask for advice let me know...I will be glad to help where I can
thank you sir!
Old 09-26-2014, 01:22 PM
Hadez
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do the toys for tots runs and other events when I know of them. There was the Mustang Patriot 911 run 2 weekends ago. The events in SoFlo are scattered everywhere. I get a LOT off FB local pages that I subscribe too.

I do believe Miami definitely has room for a few more events.

Get notified of new replies

To SoFla - charity ride events?

Quick Reply: SoFla - charity ride events?