Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Triangle NC Area

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 10:02 PM
reg_255
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Triangle NC Area

Hello all,

I am in the Triangle area of North Carolina.
Made the mistake of buying a 1992 Vette from an auction (not e-bay) without checking it out 1st. It has most of the deficiencies that are discussed in the C4 forum (sluggish,loose steering column, air conditioning blowing out the defroster not cold, electric seats not working, electric mirrors not working, electric door locks not working).
There is probably stuff I haven't found yet as I'm not driving the car out of fear of being stranded somewhere.
I was hoping (Ha Ha) the car would have things I could fix, but most of this is above my skill set.
If there is anybody in my area willing to help me out I will be very grateful.
I bought it knowing I would need to put money in to it, but can't afford to have a mechanic work on it.

May have to sell it and cut my losses.

Best regards,
Roy

Old 11-08-2014, 05:25 PM
dmyers
Racer

Location: A place where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

I wish I lived closer as I would be glad to help you - I had an '88 and dealt with a lot of those issues on it. The first thing I would recommend you do is buy the Factory Service Manual from Helms - it will be the best investment you could make in that car as they're really not that hard to work on and the manuals are very straight forward. The Haynes and Chilton's manuals on C4's have some useful information and good pictures. You'll get a ton of detailed info and helpful folks in the C4 Technical section on the forums here as well.

Last edited by dmyers; 11-08-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:54 PM
reg_255
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dmyers
I wish I lived closer as I would be glad to help you - I had an '88 and dealt with a lot of those issues on it. The first thing I would recommend you do is buy the Factory Service Manual from Helms - it will be the best investment you could make in that car as they're really not that hard to work on and the manuals are very straight forward. The Haynes and Chilton's manuals on C4's have some useful information and good pictures. You'll get a ton of detailed info and helpful folks in the C4 Technical section on the forums here as well.
Hey D,

Wish your closer too.
I got the FSMs will try to work through the problems 1 at a time.
The people on this forum are very knowledgeable and willing to help.

Regards,
Roy

Last edited by reg_255; 11-08-2014 at 09:55 PM. Reason: fix moticon

Get notified of new replies

To Triangle NC Area

Quick Reply: Triangle NC Area