Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

The ***Official Central Virginia Get up and Go*** Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 10:51 PM
jsucraig
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Default The ***Official Central Virginia Get up and Go*** Thread

Let me introduce myself.
My name is Craig English. I am originally from the New London area of Forest, VA. I lived there until 1996 when I enlisted in the U.S. Army. Upon my ETS in 2002 I returned home with my wife Missy and remained there until December of 2012. At that time we moved to Cornerstone in Lynchburg, VA.

We bought our first Corvette, a 2006 Black 3LT Coupe with 5,800 miles on February 14, 2012. We kept it until February of 2013 and traded it in with 12,000 miles. Then we bought our current Corvette a 2013 Black 3LT Grand Sport on June 24, 2013 from Mike Furman of Criswell Corvettes. After we bought the Grand Sport we decided to become more active in Corvettes so we became members of the National Corvette Museum. We recently joined the Virginia Corvette Club. I was also wanting to see how many other Forum Members live in the Lynchburg, VA area and would be interested in getting out and enjoying our Corvettes.

My wife and I, mostly me, love to cruise. Especially the awesome back roads of the region. We have taken in several drives on the Parkway from South Roanoke to Crabtree Falls, cruising around Smith Mountain and Leesville Lakes, and have even gone as far as visiting Deals Gap, NC to survive The Dragon (US 129) and The Cherohala Skyway.

We are also interested in getting together and meeting people who share the same passion for the Great American Sports Car as much as we (I) do. I would like to see, at the least, a Cars & Coffee in Lynchburg with an optional Cruise Out afterward.

I see that there are several threads on Corvette Forum that are centered around certain geographical regions of the United States that are used as message boards and ways to communicate happenings and general friendly atmosphere building. That is what I would like this thread to become. Not just a "get together" to talk about cars, enjoy malt beverages, and just hang out, but get out and enjoy our Corvettes.

Last edited by jsucraig; 01-01-2015 at 06:39 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:14 AM
blueflame1954
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welcome

Originally Posted by jsucraig
Let me introduce myself.
My name is Craig English. I am originally from the New London area of Forest, VA. I lived there until 1996 when I enlisted in the U.S. Army. Upon my ETS in 2002 I returned home with my wife Missy and remained there until December of 2012. At that time we moved to Cornerstone in Lynchburg, VA.

We bought our first Corvette, a 2006 Black 3LT Coupe with 5,800 miles on February 14, 2012. We kept it until February of 2013 and traded it in with 12,000 miles. Then we bought our current Corvette a 2013 Black 3LT Grand Sport on June 24, 2013 from Mike Furman of Criswell Corvettes. After we bought the Grand Sport we decided to become more active in Corvettes so we became members of the National Corvette Museum. We recently joined the Virginia Corvette Club. I was also wanting to see how many other Forum Members live in the Lynchburg, VA area and would be interested in getting out and enjoying our Corvettes.

My wife and I, mostly me, love to cruise. Especially the awesome back roads of the region. We have taken in several drives on the Parkway from South Roanoke to Crabtree Falls, cruising around Smith Mountain and Leesville Lakes, and have even gone as far as visiting Deals Gap, NC to survive The Dragon (US 129) and The Cherohala Skyway.

We are also interested in getting together and meeting people who share the same passion for the Great American Sports Car as much as we (I) do. I would like to see, at the least, a Cars & Coffee in Lynchburg with an optional Cruise Out afterward.

I see that there are several threads on Corvette Forum that are centered around certain geographical regions of the United States that are used as message boards and ways to communicate happenings and general friendly atmosphere building. That is what I would like this thread to become. Not just a "get together" to talk about cars, enjoy malt beverages, and just hang out, but get out and enjoy our Corvettes.

Welcome to the Corvette Club Craig .... I am one of the several original Charter members... I am not as active as I used to be as the planning has passed on to the younger members. I may have missed you at the last meeting as I was unable to attend some of the previous ones. I'm visiting in FL for the Winter and look forward to seeing you in the Spring !! I live in Elon by the way so keep in touch.. I have a 2006 White Coupe....
Old 12-06-2014, 11:24 AM
jsucraig
Burning Brakes

Default Thanks for the reply

Originally Posted by blueflame1954
Welcome to the Corvette Club Craig .... I am one of the several original Charter members... I am not as active as I used to be as the planning has passed on to the younger members. I may have missed you at the last meeting as I was unable to attend some of the previous ones. I'm visiting in FL for the Winter and look forward to seeing you in the Spring !! I live in Elon by the way so keep in touch.. I have a 2006 White Coupe....
I saw you at the meeting but didn't get a chance to say hi. Too many new faces to meet and get acquainted with. We had previously met at Star City Motor Madness in July. You were there with your friend Arrie. My wife Missy and I were the couple with the Black 13 Grand Sport Coupe parked two cars down from Arrie's Victory Red 06 Coupe.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:06 PM
y2kcoupe
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

And you know, we are in! We love to cruise the roads in this area, especially now that we have the Grand Sport.

Last edited by y2kcoupe; 12-06-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:35 PM
jsucraig
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by y2kcoupe
And you know, we are in! We love to cruise the roads in this area, especially now that we have the Grand Sport.
I never would have guessed!?! You know, to get more than two Corvettes together to cruise we may have to get our other halves to get one too!
Old 12-09-2014, 03:21 PM
Surfer G
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 27 Posts

I never would have guessed!?! You know, to get more than two Corvettes together to cruise we may have to get our other halves to get one too!
I guess we are neighbors, I'm at the lake, we have about 30 vettes here.
I have lunch every Friday with a bunch of them you need to cruise over and join us... We like to cruise the Blue Ridge as well.
Attached Images  
Old 12-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Strake
Melting Slicks

Received 1,864 Likes on 1,003 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

We're part timers at SML Hopefully, there most of the time soon..... We've brought the 427 down a couple of times, but don't have a garage at our Lake condo....

Richard
Old 12-09-2014, 09:56 PM
jsucraig
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Surfer G
I guess we are neighbors, I'm at the lake, we have about 30 vettes here.
I have lunch every Friday with a bunch of them you need to cruise over and join us... We like to cruise the Blue Ridge as well.
PM Sent
Old 12-09-2014, 11:04 PM
Papas02C5
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have been wanting to join one of the many Corvette Clubs in Virginia for some time but my work overseas prevents me from meeting many of the minimum requirements by them (Number of meeting attended, Events attended.... etc.)
I like you just want to hang out with like-minded people when I am home enjoying my Corvette. Unfortunately my job prevents that most of the time. When I am home this spring I hope to attend a few Cars & Coffee events and car shows. Hope to see you down the road....
Old 12-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Hulou
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blueflame1954
Howdy CRaig,
WElcome, Im a new 59 owner and live in Clarksville, Virginia. Hey yeas lets get together and drive!!!

THanks,
Hugh
Old 12-10-2014, 01:21 PM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Received 313 Likes on 136 Posts

Welcome fellow Virginians. I live in Northern Virginia up 81 North near Winchester. We have MANY activities for Corvettes up here in Northern VA. I am one of the founder of the Old Dominion Corvette Club and we sponsor several well known and very well attended events, so check out our Website and you can see the clubs schedule. Our club is dedicated to cruising and enjoying the Corvette, and would like to reach out to your clubs and learn more about your club activities so we may participate too.

Please lets keep in touch. Virginia has MANY Corvettes and many clubs that span the interest from racing to cruising. Hope we can meet soon.

Regards,
Collin MacDonald
Old 12-10-2014, 01:22 PM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Received 313 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Hulou
Howdy CRaig,
WElcome, Im a new 59 owner and live in Clarksville, Virginia. Hey yeas lets get together and drive!!!

THanks,
Hugh
Hey, I go done there once in a while to visit our datacenter....
Old 12-10-2014, 07:28 PM
y2kcoupe
Instructor

Heads up - we are going to put together a Blue Ridge Parkway cruise in May. Exact date to be determined in the next couple of weeks.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:32 PM
y2kcoupe
Instructor

Small world Surfer G - I know the couple in your photo with red Z06
Old 12-11-2014, 01:19 PM
jsucraig
Burning Brakes

Heads up - we are going to put together a Blue Ridge Parkway cruise in May. Exact date to be determined in the next couple of weeks.
I'm excited to see what kind of response and turnout there is!!!
Old 12-12-2014, 10:51 AM
jsucraig
Burning Brakes

Default Parkway Rally

I would be glad to help out with Route Scouting and Planning.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Surfer G
Racer

Small world Surfer G - I know the couple in your photo with red Z06
Lots of fun those two

Get notified of new replies

To The ***Official Central Virginia Get up and Go*** Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Surfer G
Racer

Count us in.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:51 PM
jsucraig
Burning Brakes

Hey there's three of us now!
Old 12-13-2014, 10:44 AM
y2kcoupe
Instructor

I would be glad to help out with Route Scouting and Planning.
And you know I will take you up on that!

Quick Reply: The ***Official Central Virginia Get up and Go*** Thread