Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Suggestions for car guys in Florida/Orlando

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 10:10 PM
luvchevs
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Suggestions for car guys in Florida/Orlando

Heading down with 5 other Corvette guys to Orlando next week.
We will be doing the Mecum Auction and NCRS event for sure and probably the Rolex 24.
We are staying close to Disney.
Any suggestions on other things to do during this action packed trip?
Anything in Tampa worth seeing?
Recommendations for restaurants, Breastaurants and any other places we probably wouldn't go to with our families?

Thanks

Dave
Old 01-19-2015, 09:57 AM
dogboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tampa: go to YBOR City at night. Crazy on weekends with mucho drinks & clubs. Parking lots are available.
Orlando: Downtown area on Orange ave. weekends also very active. clubs & drinks, Pizza places real good also.
Steaks & Breasts: near airport off of orange ave. & beach line expwy. called Rachel's:
8701 South Orange Ave.
Orlando, Florida
407-858-9800
Corona cigar (If you like them) Downtown Orange ave Full bar & lovely servants to. Also one at Dr. Phillips area ( Near Int'l drive area & nearer to Disney) located 1 mile west on Sand Lake road (Exit 74A off of I-4) Plenty of GOOD restaurants on Sand Lake road also.
Oh yea we have a 1/4 mile dragstrip east of Orlando (Speedworld) out east off of hwy 50 in Bithlo area (about 30 miles from Dr Phillips) if you want to race legally.http://www.raceosw.com/dragway/
Kissimmee: Old town has car shows on the weekends. Hwy 192 close to Disney area. Its free.
Enjoy Florida

Last edited by dogboy; 01-19-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:03 PM
luvchevs
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dogboy
Tampa: go to YBOR City at night. Crazy on weekends with mucho drinks & clubs. Parking lots are available.
Orlando: Downtown area on Orange ave. weekends also very active. clubs & drinks, Pizza places real good also.
Steaks & Breasts: near airport off of orange ave. & beach line expwy. called Rachel's:
8701 South Orange Ave.
Orlando, Florida
407-858-9800
Corona cigar (If you like them) Downtown Orange ave Full bar & lovely servants to. Also one at Dr. Phillips area ( Near Int'l drive area & nearer to Disney) located 1 mile west on Sand Lake road (Exit 74A off of I-4) Plenty of GOOD restaurants on Sand Lake road also.
Oh yea we have a 1/4 mile dragstrip east of Orlando (Speedworld) out east off of hwy 50 in Bithlo area (about 30 miles from Dr Phillips) if you want to race legally.http://www.raceosw.com/dragway/
Kissimmee: Old town has car shows on the weekends. Hwy 192 close to Disney area. Its free.
Enjoy Florida
Thank you very much for you detailed response. Doubt we will go clubbing at night especially in Tampa when we are staying near Disney.
Rachel's look/sounds interesting!
Is it worth eating there? Seems $ and don't usually go to that type of establishment for a good steak?
Any feedback on Twin Peaks?
Does Old Town still have the car show where people all cruise the main street? I though the place was closed down and that's why they moved the NCRS show?
Thanks again for your great insight!
Old 01-20-2015, 10:29 AM
08velocity
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by luvchevs
Thank you very much for you detailed response. Doubt we will go clubbing at night especially in Tampa when we are staying near Disney.
Rachel's look/sounds interesting!
Is it worth eating there? Seems $ and don't usually go to that type of establishment for a good steak?
Any feedback on Twin Peaks?
Does Old Town still have the car show where people all cruise the main street? I though the place was closed down and that's why they moved the NCRS show?
Thanks again for your great insight!
Capital Grill at The Mall at Millennium is Amazing, Steaks are out of this world
Old 01-20-2015, 06:29 PM
dogboy
Melting Slicks

I Haven't eaten at Rachel's but I heard the food was good. I would go just for drinks though.
Old Town is still open, NCRS move due to issues with surrounding properties, I think, related to bankruptcy issues??, Insurance issues?? ,Whatever they moved it. Probably got a better deal but I'm just guessing without intimate knowledge.
The Capital grill that was mentioned as good steak house, which it is but it is also $$. International drive has Vito's Italian Chop house which is part of the Talk of the town chain that also owns Charlie's steakhouse, Moonfish, & Fish bones. They have an impeccable wine list also. Also we have a Fleming's, & Ruth Chris on Sand lake road. 1 mile west of I-4. plus an array of other foods such as Roys, Amura Japanese , Rocco Taco tequila bar, Eddie V's, Seasons 52, Bone fish grill, & Christini's Italian which is white glove $$$
Old 01-20-2015, 09:36 PM
luvchevs
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dogboy
I Haven't eaten at Rachel's but I heard the food was good. I would go just for drinks though.
Old Town is still open, NCRS move due to issues with surrounding properties, I think, related to bankruptcy issues??, Insurance issues?? ,Whatever they moved it. Probably got a better deal but I'm just guessing without intimate knowledge.
The Capital grill that was mentioned as good steak house, which it is but it is also $$. International drive has Vito's Italian Chop house which is part of the Talk of the town chain that also owns Charlie's steakhouse, Moonfish, & Fish bones. They have an impeccable wine list also. Also we have a Fleming's, & Ruth Chris on Sand lake road. 1 mile west of I-4. plus an array of other foods such as Roys, Amura Japanese , Rocco Taco tequila bar, Eddie V's, Seasons 52, Bone fish grill, & Christini's Italian which is white glove $$$
Thanks again for the detailed input. I should have been more specific, we aren't really looking for $$ or $$$ restaurants. Simple guys that are happy with good tasting Pizza, Wings, Burgers etc. If they happened to be served by an attractive young lady, all the better. Guess we've spent all our $ on the cars!
Old 01-21-2015, 11:52 AM
dogboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by luvchevs
Thanks again for the detailed input. I should have been more specific, we aren't really looking for $$ or $$$ restaurants. Simple guys that are happy with good tasting Pizza, Wings, Burgers etc. If they happened to be served by an attractive young lady, all the better. Guess we've spent all our $ on the cars!
Got it. Best Pizza on Universty blvd opposite side of Convention center off the beachline expwy called NYPD Pizza. Nice staff, affordable for families, GREAT! NY style pizza. & they have Zeppoli's..
http://www.nypdpizzeria.com/
Burger Fi located by windermere is worth the drive. Great burgers. http://www.burgerfi.com/ & check out Millers field house On Sand Lake road. Good food
http://www.millersfieldorlando.com/
Old 01-29-2015, 01:13 PM
holley505
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmmm I have lived here 14 years and haven't been to some of these places.... well Rachel's Of course they have car shows sometimes.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:11 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

eat at 4Rivers Smokehouse

Get notified of new replies

To Suggestions for car guys in Florida/Orlando

Quick Reply: Suggestions for car guys in Florida/Orlando