Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

South florida guys

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 12:10 PM
GS-FLA
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

They have one at a shop nearby. It's much smaller, but if we could get a bunch of people I would join. I just couldn't stay out until late because it is urban weekend in South Beach this weekend, so it will be horrible traffic to get home as the 395 exit is a few exits north of brickell, and i have to go by it. Would others join? LET US KNOW!
Old 05-19-2015, 12:40 PM
rob20rx7
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I can make it there by 830-9pm
Old 05-19-2015, 01:31 PM
Slow Vette
Drifting

Originally Posted by rob20rx7
I thought the tower shops meet was no longer. Let me know if you guys are going out. I'm in.
it's held now at the Ruby Tuesdays on st rd 84 between flamingo and hiatus rd.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:40 PM
GS-FLA
Instructor

I can make it there by 830-9pm
Yeah Rob, people will be long gone I think.

Rob, let's meet up at some point in Miami, man.
You got my number still, I think.

I wanna see the beast!
Old 05-19-2015, 04:38 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

Seems like since they broke up the Towers Shops the whole scene has fallen apart....I think we need an underground hangout for late model muscle cars anyway...

HT
Old 05-19-2015, 07:04 PM
Slow Vette
Drifting

Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
Seems like since they broke up the Towers Shops the whole scene has fallen apart....I think we need an underground hangout for late model muscle cars anyway...

HT
i'm certainly down for that

maybe i can finally find a bone stock new z06 to run
Old 05-19-2015, 07:22 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
i'm certainly down for that

maybe i can finally find a bone stock new z06 to run
The Towers shop wasn't that impressive either....coming from NY we had such a hardcore scene vs here. There are plenty of bad *** cars down here and guys that are into it just need to define the car show punchers from the real performance enthusiast. We used to get 10-15 guys together on a Sunday morning, pick a place to meet for breakfast and then go for a spirited driving loop....2-4 hours and it was a blast....

I mean I buy my cars to drive them and squeeze them where I can.....we have been talking about putting together an "informal" club tailored to this kind of behavior. Nothing that required money or a BS ranking system just a shout out that we are heading out...

Maybe its something worth talking about. Thoughts??

HT
Old 05-19-2015, 07:48 PM
Slow Vette
Drifting

The Towers shop wasn't that impressive either....coming from NY we had such a hardcore scene vs here. There are plenty of bad *** cars down here and guys that are into it just need to define the car show punchers from the real performance enthusiast. We used to get 10-15 guys together on a Sunday morning, pick a place to meet for breakfast and then go for a spirited driving loop....2-4 hours and it was a blast....

I mean I buy my cars to drive them and squeeze them where I can.....we have been talking about putting together an "informal" club tailored to this kind of behavior. Nothing that required money or a BS ranking system just a shout out that we are heading out...

HT
You are right, Tower Shops wasn't that impressive.

It certainly is worth talking about more. im up for it, maybe meet up at the new tower shops location or something like that.

I actually went out on saturday night, and NO ONE was out down in Broward . it was a little depressing because my friend is visiting from Colombia, and he is a car fanatic, and no races in sight! talk about a downer...
Old 05-19-2015, 08:27 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
You are right, Tower Shops wasn't that impressive.

It certainly is worth talking about more. im up for it, maybe meet up at the new tower shops location or something like that.

I actually went out on saturday night, and NO ONE was out down in Broward . it was a little depressing because my friend is visiting from Colombia, and he is a car fanatic, and no races in sight! talk about a downer...
That's my point.....I work a lot of hours a week and sometimes I want to go out a kill a set of tires....we used to call it "hashing" in NY which is when all my friends would put there kids to sleep then grab the car keys and meet up somewhere to stretch the cars out....everything seems to be who's got the nicer set of rims and most trimming.....I'm all for a good looking car but that's for car shows!

Maybe the weekend after Memorial Day lets put a flag in the sand somewhere and see who shows up.

HT
Old 05-19-2015, 09:02 PM
1Sikstik
Burning Brakes

Received 249 Likes on 124 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

If I didnt have to drive 2 hours one way from Naples to get over there I would be all in. If I ever get enough time off work I may show up if anything pans out.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:23 PM
rob20rx7
Burning Brakes

Where is everyone located ?

I'm in Miami Florida
Old 05-20-2015, 09:27 AM
GS-FLA
Instructor

I'm all for it as well. It's a lot easier for me to do so in Dade County, but if it means I have to drive an hour up...well I do that anyways during the week to go to work! ... just gotta make sure it's not during a wife date-night or you guys will see my orbituary in the morning paper...gotta admit.

Why don't you guys pm me your numbers? I can start a group text chat.

(Rob - As mentioned before, I'm in Miami as well.)

Last edited by GS-FLA; 05-20-2015 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:02 AM
Bigboost954
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

24 years young Deerfield beach checking in 2010 corvette GS m6 attend a lot of car shows and race events
Attached Images  
Old 05-20-2015, 10:07 AM
Bigboost954
Advanced

HT
Howard I highly agree with this idea I also think we need some private track days and a late model muscle car underground private meet for select members.. Keep me posted
Old 05-20-2015, 10:11 AM
rob20rx7
Burning Brakes

Don't have your number bud. Shoot it to me again. We can start a group chat

Originally Posted by Bigboost954
Howard I highly agree with this idea I also think we need some private track days and a late model muscle car underground private meet for select members.. Keep me posted
Old 05-20-2015, 09:16 PM
Bigboost954
Advanced

Don't have your number bud. Shoot it to me again. We can start a group chat
Sent pm
Old 05-21-2015, 11:39 AM
pavell
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

LS1 z28 owner in miami here as well.

I'd like to check out a meet.

Get notified of new replies

To South florida guys

Old 05-22-2015, 11:22 AM
Gunner3838
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Im in Naples-Marco Island- looking for performance shop that is good with C5s, also open to meeting other C5 owners locally
Old 05-22-2015, 12:04 PM
rob20rx7
Burning Brakes

Any of you guys interested in starting a group chat in watsapp, shoot me your number. I will start the group this weekend.

For those of you that don't know what watsapp is, it's a free app in your App Store for chatting. Awesome for pic sharing too. It's free and works with your phone number.
Pm me your numbers and name
Old 05-22-2015, 03:57 PM
GS-FLA
Instructor

Hey guys,

Apparently a big vette show going on this weekend!

~ Sunday May 24 2015 ~ Palm Beach Gardens, FL ~
PGA National Resort and Spa, Summer Kick-Off Party, Corvette and Open Car Show
400 Avenue of the Champions, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl.
Pre-registration $25 by May 7, 2015, or $30 day of show. Registration closes at 11:00.
Rain or Shine, Hosted by Gold Coast Corvette Club - One of the largest judged Corvette shows in Florida. , Awards to top 30, Club Participation, Door Prizes, Gift Baskets, Music, Food and Drinks.
Special hotel room rate Saturday and Sunday.
For information: www.goldcoastcorvetteclub.com or contact Jim by email jc@classyrides.us.

Little far from me... but if it's as popular as it sounds, I might make it.
Anyone planning on going? Do I hear miami-palm beach gardens caravan???

Quick Reply: South florida guys