Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

wannagofast ocala

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 03:28 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Smoove
WOO! That's awesome dude! Thank you for sharing! We can't wait till the next time. I am pretty sure I saw your C6 out there....I think I took notice of how clean it was lol....and ours was dusty as could be.
Oh mine was still pretty dirty it's a black car after all

I don't preach to say I'm a professional driver but it's amazing how many people I saw that weekend that couldn't handle their car's power (RWD especially but also including the AWD guys). They all think it's just floor it and hold on. There's that thing called a throttle that need not be pushed to the floor for maximum acceleration. I could have gotten more out of her with a better tire but there is limits on a non-track prepped surface.

That Z06 I stood neck and neck with until the end had drag radials over my street tires. We both have a supercharger and methanol but he had an upgraded cam and a larger motor pushing more horsepower than me. I was happy after the fact finding that out. IIRC his numbers are 680RWHP on same dyno I did 640RWHP.

I'm just happy with a manual having to row my own gears I hit the same MPH 5 times in a row over the course of the day. Consistency is the key in racing.

Last edited by Nosferatu; 01-28-2015 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:33 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Nosferatu
Oh mine was still pretty dirty it's a black car after all

I don't preach to say I'm a professional driver but it's amazing how many people I saw that weekend that couldn't handle their car's power (RWD especially but also including the AWD guys). They all think it's just floor it and hold on. There's that thing called a throttle that need not be pushed to the floor for maximum acceleration. I could have gotten more out of her with a better tire but there is limits on a non-track prepped surface.

That Z06 I stood neck and neck with until the end had drag radials over my street tires. We both have a supercharger and methanol but he had an upgraded cam and a larger motor pushing more horsepower than me. I was happy after the fact finding that out. IIRC his numbers are 680RWHP on same dyno I did 640RWHP.

I'm just happy with a manual having to row my own gears I hit the same MPH 5 times in a row over the course of the day. Consistency is the key in racing.

AWESOME!

I couldn't agree more. If you can be consistent with a manual trans, I don't think you can have more fun. I even bracket raced in a manual before and went dead on everytime....except when I broke out in the finals lol(too much anger on that run lol). In our world, nothing better then a properly driven manual. Good times indeed. Really excited for the next event, hoping to bring out one of our turbo setups.

(hopefully we don't get beat by a C4 LOL)
Old 02-05-2015, 07:48 AM
timvan
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Anyone know what happened to the Cyber Grey c6 GS charcoal edition that caught fire?
Old 02-08-2015, 02:07 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 189 Posts

Here's my video:

Old 02-10-2015, 11:41 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by timvan
Anyone know what happened to the Cyber Grey c6 GS charcoal edition that caught fire?
didn't hear of.

Originally Posted by SinisterC6
Here's my video:

WICKED

http://www.superchevy.com/events/150...-at-jumbolair/
Old 02-13-2015, 10:57 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 189 Posts

Vengeance Racing at WannaGOFAST

Old 02-13-2015, 11:16 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

very cool dude.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:33 PM
Detroit Steel
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Front Page News!

Too much good stuff not to cover it on the front page!
https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...agofast-event/
Old 02-13-2015, 03:44 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Awesome!!!
Old 02-17-2015, 08:59 AM
jonny5cam
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm only an hour and a half away from there and I missed it. I will definitely be there next year...God willing! Are there camping accommodations there aside for the local state parks and such?
Old 02-17-2015, 09:11 AM
jonny5cam
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jonny5cam
I'm only an hour and a half away from there and I missed it. I will definitely be there next year...God willing! Are there camping accommodations there aside for the local state parks and such?
Ok, stupid question. John Travolta probably wouldn't appreciate me parking my 30 foot camper in his back yard.lol
Old 02-17-2015, 12:07 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Ok, stupid question. John Travolta probably wouldn't appreciate me parking my 30 foot camper in his back yard.lol

lol.

We could see his plane/house....pretty sure he wouldn't like that either lol.

Quick Reply: wannagofast ocala