Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Adairsville, GA?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 10:35 AM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

Received 158 Likes on 131 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15
Default Adairsville, GA?

Later this year I will be driving my family down south from Chicago for a quick stop in the Atlanta area. Anyone have any experience with Adairsville, GA? I read they got hit by an EF3 tornado in 2013. I'm assuming they are all rebuilt now. We'll be there on a Saturday night/Sunday morning. Everything I've read and seen it looks like a small quiet town. Any reason we should avoid it?

Looks like a Hampton Inn nearby and decent family friendly food options; Cracker Barrel is always good enough for us for a comfortable sit down at moderate prices.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:20 AM
timvan
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

There is very little in Adairsville, they recently opened up either a racetrack or a qt..a waffle house and a cracker barrel. They dont have much more to offer however its a relatively safe country people type of place.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:29 AM
joecaver
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

if all you are doing is spending the night there before continuing on to your destination then there is nothing wrong with Adairsville. But, Adairsville is not really a destination unto itself unless you are going to Barnsley Gardens.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:07 PM
69monzacpe
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

Nothing wrong with Adairsville, but if you want a larger selection/ variety of restaurants and a larger downtown area, go a little further South on 75 to Cartersville. There's a Hilton Garden on the left (Main Street exit) about 1 mile off 75, and downtown is a little further West.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:44 PM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Received 716 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by 69monzacpe
Nothing wrong with Adairsville, but if you want a larger selection/ variety of restaurants and a larger downtown area, go a little further South on 75 to Cartersville. There's a Hilton Garden on the left (Main Street exit) about 1 mile off 75, and downtown is a little further West.
It's just a very small town
Old 02-18-2015, 01:42 PM
69L46
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Nice area, but as mentioned not a ton of stuff going on. You might want to check out Old Car City on US 411 in White, not too far and a very unique kind of place, or drive up to Chattanooga..

http://oldcarcityusa.com/
Old 02-18-2015, 03:34 PM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Thanks for the advice folks.

Literally will be there for an enjoyable sit down dinner and a night sleep. Chances are we won't have time (or energy) to do much sightseeing, so it's okay that it is small. The next morning we are on the road again to Disney.

We did a similar trip in 2013, and I posted here with the original intent on doing the drive in 2 days. At the time, it was suggested that we avoid Cartersville unless I "had a gun". Seemed to be some mixed reveiws on that particular town. As it turns out, we decided to break the drive into three shorter days and we didn't stop in Northern GA at all. This time around though we are going to stop in the Bartow County area.

My wife is partial to Hampton Inn, because they recently remodeled and are fresh and clean. We don't travel much, so I'm sure other chains are similar. I just recently stayed in a Fairfield Inn for work and it was comfortable and clean. So aside from a specific town, are they hotels in the area you've stayed at worth recommending?
Old 02-18-2015, 05:37 PM
69monzacpe
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by imgn tht
Thanks for the advice folks.
it was suggested that we avoid Cartersville unless I "had a gun".
That's funny. Must have confused Cartersville with downtown Atlanta... I've lived in the area for over 20 years, it's no less safe than any other small town.

I travel quite a bit for my job world wide, but couldn't make recommendations based on staying at a local hotel since I've not had a reason to. Hilton, Hampton, Courtyard, I use them all the time and none are any better or worse than the other. You get what you pay for, and the management at the hotel has more of an impact on the place than location.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:50 PM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13, '15

My apologies, I stand corrected as my recollection of the thread was mistaken. Cartersville was noted as "few good places to stay and even fewer to eat". I don't see that as true after doing more research on the area. Looks nice to me.

The "unless you have a gun" comment was actually regarding Jonesboro and Clayton counties.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:34 PM
raff
Burning Brakes

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Too bad you don't have more time to enjoy Cartersville and the surrounding area --
http://www.visitcartersvillega.org/n...ern_Art_Museum

Get notified of new replies

To Adairsville, GA?

Quick Reply: Adairsville, GA?