Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Cars & Coffee Columbia SC March 21?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 03:54 PM
piper_chuck
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Cars & Coffee Columbia SC March 21?

On the local club site I saw Cars & Coffee Columbia listed for March 21. Details according to the posting:

8:00 AM - 11:00 AM Mar 21, 2015
(General)

Third Saturday each month. 8:00 am - 11:00 am at Village at Sandhills in front of Value City Furniture. Drive safe God bless

This is about 10 minutes from home and it's one of those rare weekends where I won't be ferrying my daughter to out of town soccer games. I'm thinking of going.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 03-16-2015, 05:25 PM
russ472
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 161 Posts

I normally attend, but will be at Myrtle Beach this weekend for the street rod / truck show.
turnout for the last few c&f has been very light (less than 50 cars). cant really blame the cold weather because charlotte and greenville c&f has been bringing 700-800 cars the last few months and have been well worth the drive.

i have not attended any of the corvette club meetings. I have been told by others that the meetings get political at times and also have their cliches. so far on their calender, other than the monthly meetings and a car show here and there, doesnt look like they do much. no cruises,track days, ect...

I dont do facebook, but the Columbia Automotive Enthusiast club used to get together often and hang out. No new events since January and no one to contact is listed ect....
So, i dont know what is up with them. Seems like more import car guys, but I am into performance and I like them all.

the Southeast Camaro/Corvette club has listings where they are hosting monthly cruise-ins at the Hwy 55 burger joint in Ballentine on 3rd saturday evenings. has a few shows listed as well. nothing about meetings or contact info.

who needs a sanctioned event to get together and hang out anyway. we need to do what the charlotte guys do. Get on here, pick a date and time, and see who will show up
Old 03-16-2015, 05:27 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,504 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Originally Posted by piper_chuck
On the local club site I saw Cars & Coffee Columbia listed for March 21. Details according to the posting:

(General)

Third Saturday each month. 8:00 am - 11:00 am at Village at Sandhills in front of Value City Furniture. Drive safe God bless

This is about 10 minutes from home and it's one of those rare weekends where I won't be ferrying my daughter to out of town soccer games. I'm thinking of going.

I don't have any experience with this one, but I am interested. I've got a buddy that lives there and comes to Charlotte and Upstate cars and coffee. I'll send him a message and see what he knows and I will post back here.
David
Old 03-16-2015, 05:33 PM
russ472
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
I don't have any experience with this one, but I am interested. I've got a buddy that lives there and comes to Charlotte and Upstate cars and coffee. I'll send him a message and see what he knows and I will post back here.
David
David,
were you cruising yesterday around 11:00ish, on hwy 153 between I85 and Powdersville?

I was heading to Highlands yesterday to tear the roads up and I saw a New white Z heading towards the interstate.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:47 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

(General)

David
Old 03-16-2015, 05:51 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Originally Posted by russ472
David,
were you cruising yesterday around 11:00ish, on hwy 153 between I85 and Powdersville?

I was heading to Highlands yesterday to tear the roads up and I saw a New white Z heading towards the interstate.
Yep. We were rerouting on our way back home from Fla. 95 & 26 below Columbia was one accident after the other. I didn't want to risk getting hit. You know that's how we lost our Grand Sport.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:05 PM
piper_chuck
Racer

David
Are you talking about Shaq? If so, he and I finally traded text messages not too long ago. He lives between my house and the event location.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:12 PM
piper_chuck
Racer

Originally Posted by russ472
I normally attend, but will be at Myrtle Beach this weekend for the street rod / truck show.
turnout for the last few c&f has been very light (less than 50 cars). cant really blame the cold weather because charlotte and greenville c&f has been bringing 700-800 cars the last few months and have been well worth the drive.

i have not attended any of the corvette club meetings. I have been told by others that the meetings get political at times and also have their cliches. so far on their calender, other than the monthly meetings and a car show here and there, doesnt look like they do much. no cruises,track days, ect...

I dont do facebook, but the Columbia Automotive Enthusiast club used to get together often and hang out. No new events since January and no one to contact is listed ect....
So, i dont know what is up with them. Seems like more import car guys, but I am into performance and I like them all.

the Southeast Camaro/Corvette club has listings where they are hosting monthly cruise-ins at the Hwy 55 burger joint in Ballentine on 3rd saturday evenings. has a few shows listed as well. nothing about meetings or contact info.

who needs a sanctioned event to get together and hang out anyway. we need to do what the charlotte guys do. Get on here, pick a date and time, and see who will show up
Good info, thanks. I've seen hints of the cruise in in Ballentine before. I'll keep it in mind. The only downside is I drive over that way at least once a week taking my daughter to soccer practice. I spent most of this past weekend in Ballentine and Irmo and this weekend we have to go to Lexington for a game on Saturday. I find it humorous that my 12 year old daughter has spent WAY more time in the Vette than the wife.

It looks like this forum might be a good place to start building connections and setup some of the informal meets you suggest.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:17 AM
Fast Cop
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

One of my neighbors told me about the last one, did not know in advance. Planning on being at next one as it is only about 3 miles from my house.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:24 AM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Are you talking about Shaq? If so, he and I finally traded text messages not too long ago. He lives between my house and the event location.
Yep, I sure was. I'm so glad y'all got each others info. That's what all of this is about anyway.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:26 AM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

OK, looks like me and the wife are heading down there this Saturday. Hope to see many there. I'm gonna post on my FB as well.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:45 PM
piper_chuck
Racer

Yep, I sure was. I'm so glad y'all got each others info. That's what all of this is about anyway.
Yup, thanks for the intro. I sent him a text about Saturday. Waiting for an answer.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:22 PM
Fast Cop
Melting Slicks

Accuweather is calling for 73 and mostly sunny with a chance of showers. Showers around here are most always in the afternoon so should be a good morning for C&C. See you at the show.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:04 PM
piper_chuck
Racer

Originally Posted by Fast Cop
Accuweather is calling for 73 and mostly sunny with a chance of showers. Showers around here are most always in the afternoon so should be a good morning for C&C. See you at the show.
Yup, it's looking promising. I'm definitely going, wife may or may not join me. Looking forward to meeting people.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:08 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

We will be there as well.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:27 PM
piper_chuck
Racer

We will be there as well.
Uh oh, am I supposed to have coordinated clothing?

I hate to admit, but the only Vette apparel I've bought so far was a pink ball cap for the wife.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:44 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Uh oh, am I supposed to have coordinated clothing?

I hate to admit, but the only Vette apparel I've bought so far was a pink ball cap for the wife.
I wouldn't worry about that. All my stuff is Grand Sport or C6. After buying the Z I don't have money left to purchase updated apparel.lol

Get notified of new replies

To Cars & Coffee Columbia SC March 21?

Old 03-20-2015, 02:49 PM
Fast Cop
Melting Slicks

Just finished another round of Zaino. Ready for Cars & Coffee tomorrow morning.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:29 PM
piper_chuck
Racer

Originally Posted by Fast Cop
Just finished another round of Zaino. Ready for Cars & Coffee tomorrow morning.

My car will never look that good, I guess I'm going to have to park away from everyone else to avoid embarrassment.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:30 PM
Fast Cop
Melting Slicks

Thanks it's a garage queen/weekend toy that only comes out on weekends and good weather. 04 Z with only 19,000 miles. Work to much, don't get to drive it as much as I would like. This is my 3rd vette.

Quick Reply: Cars & Coffee Columbia SC March 21?