Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Need Help in Finding An Aftermarket Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 03:24 PM
Redshift2
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help in Finding An Aftermarket Exhaust

Hello everyone!

As the thread title says, I've been in search of a good after market exhaust for my C6 for a few months now, struggling to do my due diligence before I make such a hefty purchase. After months of comparing website videos and audio on several different sound systems, and websites(primarily Youtube) I was just about settled on the Corsa Xtreme Axel back (over Borla, B&B Bullets, and Bassani), when someone who actually owned the system (here on the forums) pointed out it may not be as loud as i'd hoped I realized perhaps I need to stop and reevaluate things. While I don't necessarily want something that is insanely obnoxious (Im in my early 20s), I would like something that can set off an alarm or two on start (and of course scream at WOT).

Anyways, albeit a bit of a strange request, I was hoping that I might be able to reach out to any other South Florida Vette owners who sport an aftermarket exhaust, that might be willing to help me by letting me have listen to their systems live? (or even have any relevant advice on how they made the best purchase on an aftermarket exhaust) If anyone knows of any South Florida meets that might be a good idea in coming to a conclusion, Id be very interested as well.

As always any information is greatly appreciated. If theres one thing that i've noticed amongst Corvette owners, is there seems to be an amazing camaraderie shared that I haven't seen w/ any other vehicle!
Old 05-28-2015, 07:26 PM
bonecrrusher
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Not loud enough?
Old 05-28-2015, 08:15 PM
Redshift2
Navigator

Originally Posted by bonecrrusher

Not loud enough?
Hi bonecrrusher, thanks for the reply! That scream is def. loud enough! Thats a wicked sounding exhaust!!! I think I played the clip like 10 times(two on my beats headphones, two on my Shure SE215's, two on my Sennheiser's and another four on my Bose 10 speaker(I used to do a lot of audio engineering lol) Sick sounding Vette anyway you slice it

Do you have any additional mods besides the exhaust? Does your car set off any car alarms at start-up in a wide open parking lot(I like to think with that sound amplified acoustics of an underground lot would be no problem for this machine(but by all means please correct my assumption if it doesn't sound accurate))?
I like the idle sound as well, but its hard to gage sounds in relation to other sounds. I have heard some mentions of a bit of an "Euro" sound with the Xtreme's. Do you still have a decent lower freq bass tone?

Sorry if these are a lot of questions Kick a$$ exhaust mate! Another step closer towards the Corsa Xtremes!
Old 05-29-2015, 08:03 AM
bonecrrusher
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I am running the Z06/ZR1 kit - PN 14164.

At that point I had the C6Z manifolds, cats, and OEM H pipe.

I have since built the motor, and added Kooks Long Tubes - and there X-pipe.

Corsa is my go-to for exhaust because it screams like a raped ape when you get on it. It is pretty loud when you first start it up as well. It quiets down on the freeway and doesn't drone.

I had the C6Z mufflers with the flaps opened all the time - driving down the freeway at 55-65 mph and being in low RPM create a low resonance that would make you not want to drive the car - it was that annoying.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:01 PM
Redshift2
Navigator

Originally Posted by bonecrrusher
I am running the Z06/ZR1 kit - PN 14164.

At that point I had the C6Z manifolds, cats, and OEM H pipe.

I have since built the motor, and added Kooks Long Tubes - and there X-pipe.

Corsa is my go-to for exhaust because it screams like a raped ape when you get on it. It is pretty loud when you first start it up as well. It quiets down on the freeway and doesn't drone.

I had the C6Z mufflers with the flaps opened all the time - driving down the freeway at 55-65 mph and being in low RPM create a low resonance that would make you not want to drive the car - it was that annoying.

Thanks bro! Sweet set up to go with that bark as well! Unfortunately for me Im still running stock (at least for now). I feel like ill be happy with the Corsa Xtremes no matter what, but being able to set off alarms I think is one part of the fun that comes with after market exhausts (especially as someone whose never really had one ). Although yours sounds pretty dam mean, you also have quite a bit more under the hood(under statement lol)

At this point (Despite how biased I sound) the only other exhausts Im really considering at the moment are the B&B Bullets or the Borla Stingers. Loudmouths came up but I think that might be a bit too loud for my taste. I think you mentioned a very good point about the scream during WOT on the Corsas. Higher frequencies are def. the best I've heard on a system (opinion) and definitely scream! Because of the deeper lower frequencies emphasized, that same "filter" on other systems seems to hinder a lot of other exhausts higher pitched tones during WOT in comparison(Like cranking the bass meter up on all your tunes and reversing the highs or tremble).

Ill give the purchase a few more days in hopes some unforeseen variable might direct me.

If any other forum members have any other exhaust (Corsa, Borla or otherwise) experience, (especially if the comparisons are made directly to other systems they've actually owned), and/or any opinions or reviews, anything would be greatly appreciated. I understand the subjectivity of the issue (and ultimately it is the individuals decision), but then again I am asking for independent opinions and preferences, based on why you chose what you chose.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:24 AM
Redshift2
Navigator

Came across this chart by Mid America Motorworks called the "IAC-Rating Chart", comparing the sound levels of different exhausts. Although the metric used to determine these results is unknown, I was wondering if any experienced member (anyone who owns one of the reviewed after market exhausts; preferably one who owns/owned more then one, for comparison reasons) would like to comment as to the accuracy of these charts??

Get notified of new replies

To Need Help in Finding An Aftermarket Exhaust

Quick Reply: Need Help in Finding An Aftermarket Exhaust