Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

[Mid-TN / MCV] Upcoming Events

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 11:50 AM
JR_VETTE
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Mid-TN Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Default [Mid-TN / MCV] Upcoming Events

Hello Corvette Forum! As some of you might recall, Adam Boca and then I were the Corvette Forum Middle TN Events Coordinators about 10 years ago or so. "Music City Vettes - The Mid-TN Corvette Forum Group" was the name we came up with at the time. Because of work/life balance issues, I had to give up this position. Well, I'm back, ready to start planning events again and hang out again with my CF friends! I'd like to get a few events on the books here, and I'm looking for input on other events.

Here are a few thoughts :

1. Dyno day - This always had a great turnout. Thinking later this fall when things cool down some. Oct likely.
2. Road trip - One of my most memorable events was our trip to Lynnville, TN. We actually did this twice, once for some burgers and a second time we were in the Christmas Parade. Open for something else here.
3. Cars & Coffee or Evening Cruise-ins - See below
4. One thing we never did as a group was a tour of the Corvette plant. I haven't toured the plant since the C4's were still being made. This is a Mon-Fri only type event, so not sure how much of the group will be able to attend, but let's give it a shot anyway.

---------------------------------------
Calendar of Events
10/3/2015 - Franklin Cars and Coffee (See post #11 below for details)
10/24/15 - Dyno Day - 9AM - until? (See below)

Dyno Day Details :

PLEASE RSVP in this thread if you are able to come. We have a limited # of slots, so it is first come, so RSVP here as soon as you know for sure if you can make it. Details are as follows :

1734 Murfreesboro Rd. Lebanon TN.

Price starts at $60 for 3-pulls and goes up from there depending on whether or not you need wide-band, extra time for tuning, etc. He's very reasonable and great to work with.

This is a nice in-ground DynoJet. Steve is a great guy if you haven't ever met him before.

Because his home is also on the same property, please don't show up much before 9AM, and keep the noise down as you drive in.

Attendee List so far -
JR_VETTE (John)
BryanC (Bryan)

Last edited by JR_VETTE; 10-09-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:32 PM
BryanC
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JR_VETTE
Note - I'm working with the Mods on replacing the current stickied Mid-TN thread with this one.

Hello Corvette Forum! As some of you might recall, Adam Boca and then I were the Corvette Forum Middle TN Events Coordinators about 10 years ago or so. "Music City Vettes - The Mid-TN Corvette Forum Group" was the name we came up with at the time. Because of work/life balance issues, I had to give up this position. Well, I'm back, ready to start planning events again and hang out again with my CF friends! I'd like to get a few events on the books here, and I'm looking for input on other events.

1. Dyno day - This always had a great turnout. Thinking later this fall when things cool down some. Oct likely.
2. Road trip - One of my most memorable events was our trip to Lynnville, TN. We actually did this twice, once for some burgers and a second time we were in the Christmas Parade. Open for something else here.
4. One thing we never did as a group was a tour of the Corvette plant. I haven't toured the plant since the C4's were still being made. This is a Mon-Fri only type event, so not sure how much of the group will be able to attend, but let's give it a shot anyway.

Calendar of Events
6/20/15 - Franklin Cars and Coffee
10/xx/15 - Dyno Day

6/20/2015 - Franklin Cars and Coffee

So for the first event, let's see if we can get a good showing at Franklin Cars & Coffee this coming Saturday 6/20. For those who have never been, it's in the parking lot of the Carmike Cinema. The event starts at 8AM and goes until 11AM. If there's enough interest, we can grab lunch afterwards. Look for more details as this weekend gets closer.

GPS Coords : 633 Frazier Drive, Franklin, TN 37064

This is the first time I've signed into corvetteforum in awhile. I'd like to see the group get together for some events again. Count me in for any of the above ideas. I have a few friends in Hendersonville that have moved to corvettes and would be in for dyno days, cruises , whatever.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:19 PM
JR_VETTE
Race Director

Originally Posted by BryanC
This is the first time I've signed into corvetteforum in awhile. I'd like to see the group get together for some events again. Count me in for any of the above ideas. I have a few friends in Hendersonville that have moved to corvettes and would be in for dyno days, cruises , whatever.
Look for more info here. Dyno day for sure will happen. We will also have a Facebook group page as well to help keep people updated, but this will be the primary source for planning as we are the Mid-TN group for Corvette Forum.

You interested in the Corvette factory tour?
Old 06-17-2015, 08:29 PM
BryanC
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Look for more info here. Dyno day for sure will happen. We will also have a Facebook group page as well to help keep people updated, but this will be the primary source for planning as we are the Mid-TN group for Corvette Forum.

You interested in the Corvette factory tour?

Yes, I've never toured the plant. I would be cool if we did it before Heather goes back to school so she could go.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:21 AM
JR_VETTE
Race Director

We're going to reschedule Cars & Coffee today for another date. Weather isn't the best this AM.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:23 PM
grainey
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Calendar of Events
TBD - Franklin Cars and Coffee
10/xx/15 - Dyno Day

To be rescheduled - Franklin Cars and Coffee

So for the first event, let's see if we can get a good showing at Franklin Cars & Coffee this coming Saturday 6/20. For those who have never been, it's in the parking lot of the Carmike Cinema. The event starts at 8AM and goes until 11AM. If there's enough interest, we can grab lunch afterwards. Look for more details as this weekend gets closer.

GPS Coords : 633 Frazier Drive, Franklin, TN 37064
when is the next cars and coffee
Old 06-24-2015, 08:36 AM
JR_VETTE
Race Director

Originally Posted by grainey
when is the next cars and coffee
It's actually every Saturday AM, with the first Saturday of the month being the Exotic Cars and Coffee. That's when the Lambo's, Ferrari's etc all show up as well. I will be out of town this weekend, but my neighbor Curt (who is a forum member) is almost always there in one of his Corvette's, as is Dennis (also a forum member). There are several that go pretty much every Saturday, rain or shine.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:21 PM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Received 715 Likes on 483 Posts

Hey John. Great pic from Ft. Campbell.

Went to Corvette homecoming in BG, KY last Friday with the Corvette club. Saw Dennis at the museum. Pretty good event at the convention center.

Just joined the forum last week.

Really enjoying the Corvette (gee... it kinda looks like yours!) and see you at Cars and Coffee.

Randy in Nashville from Music City AACA
Old 09-20-2015, 10:24 PM
JR_VETTE
Race Director

Gauging interest for Cars & Coffee in Franklin this Saturday 9/26. Last time we tried this, the weather turned bad. So far it looks to be a nice Saturday, but things could change. If there's enough interest, we'll make it official.

Also, Dyno Day - The weather is almost perfect for a run on the Dyno. Please respond as well if you are interested in this.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:16 PM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Should be a huge Cars and Coffee this Saturday, October 3. Weather looks great and first of the month weekend is the "big one"!
Old 09-30-2015, 05:39 PM
JR_VETTE
Race Director

Originally Posted by NashvilleGrandSport
Should be a huge Cars and Coffee this Saturday, October 3. Weather looks great and first of the month weekend is the "big one"!
Let's make this official then!

Here are the details :

It's in the Carmike Cinemas parking lot next to McDonalds.
Time : 8AM - ~11AM

For those who have never been, the 1'st Saturday of the Month is Exotic Cars & Coffee, so you'll get a chance to see a wide variety of cars. Cars usually start to show up around 7:30. I plan on arriving around this time.

See you then!
Old 09-30-2015, 05:56 PM
JR_VETTE
Race Director

October Dyno Day

Working on a date, but it will be sometime during the Month of October. There will be a limited # of spots. Still working out details. Look for more information in the next few days. Please post if you are interested in attending.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:02 PM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Let's make this official then!

Here are the details :

It's in the Carmike Cinemas parking lot next to McDonalds.
Time : 8AM - ~11AM

For those who have never been, the 1'st Saturday of the Month is Exotic Cars & Coffee, so you'll get a chance to see a wide variety of cars. Cars usually start to show up around 7:30. I plan on arriving around this time.

See you then!
Keep an eye on the weather. Forecast changes daily.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:41 AM
JR_VETTE
Race Director

A few pictures from today's Cars and Coffee. Because of the weather it was a very small turnout, and only a couple of us from Corvette Forum made it out, but still had a nice time

Old 10-09-2015, 04:52 PM
JR_VETTE
Race Director

Dyno Day is on! See post #1.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:10 AM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

If I didn't have the ELKS Club charity car show in Franklin that same day (10/24), I'd be there. Maybe another time John.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:12 AM
JR_VETTE
Race Director

Originally Posted by NashvilleGrandSport
If I didn't have the ELKS Club charity car show in Franklin that same day (10/24), I'd be there. Maybe another time John.
Hey Randy, there's a core group of us that do this on a pretty regular basis outside of CF.COM so there will be more opportunities for sure!

Get notified of new replies

To [Mid-TN / MCV] Upcoming Events

Quick Reply: [Mid-TN / MCV] Upcoming Events