Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Sevierville, TN Corvette Chevy Expo - Oct. 16-17, 2015

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 09:34 AM
H P Bushrod

Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Phanni
Most of the regular guys that sell parts will be at the Loudon show.
They are running a 'special' for vendors of $38 per vendor slot for anyone that wishes to have a spot (this is in celebration of 38 years of EXPO). I think they are trying to get back to the days when anyone could bring their old stuff to the show and find a home for stuff they no longer need. John Llewellyn will be there with his big trailor full of C-5 & 6 parts.

Byron says he wants this Loudon fall show to be a just for fun event with plenty of activities for Vettes, not just a show and auction. There will be a sales corral for those wishing to sell their cars ($38 per car).
Sounds cool. I plan on going to the Loudon show. Never been there.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:39 PM
Corvette Chevy Expo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major Vendors

Most of the regular guys that sell parts will be at the Loudon show.
They are running a 'special' for vendors of $38 per vendor slot for anyone that wishes to have a spot (this is in celebration of 38 years of EXPO). I think they are trying to get back to the days when anyone could bring their old stuff to the show and find a home for stuff they no longer need. John Llewellyn will be there with his big trailor full of C-5 & 6 parts.

Byron syas he wants this Loudon fall show to be a just for fun event with plenty of activities for Vettes, not just a show and auction. There will be a sales corral for those wishing to sell their cars ($38 per car).
Here is a list of the Major Vendors that are already paid for and will be at the Sevierville Convention Center for the Corvette Chevy Expo:

Al Knoch Interiors
Lonestar Caliper Company
VanSteel Corvette
Galli Corvette Apparel
Kathy Podell Apparel
Jack Podell Fuel Injection
Corvette Clocks by Roger
Chassis Concepts
The Street Shop
Mullikins
Keen Parts
Eddy Wass
Vette Masters
VettePros
Coffman Corvette
Auto Intec
Thompson Astro Tops
RJ's Restoration
D & M Corvette
Full Throttle
Aspis
Richard Little
Glassworks the Hardtop Shop

There are several more vendors we have talked to that will still most likely come.

We have lots of great show cars with the 20 x 20 displays (like our Houston Corvette Chevy Expo is known for). We already have several cars for sale registered.

If anyone has any questions, please give us a call and we will be more than happy to answer them!!! 386-775-2512
Old 09-08-2015, 06:57 PM
Corvette Chevy Expo
Intermediate

Here is a list of the Major Vendors that are already paid for and will be at the Sevierville Convention Center for the Corvette Chevy Expo:

Al Knoch Interiors
Lonestar Caliper Company
VanSteel Corvette
Galli Corvette Apparel
Kathy Podell Apparel
Jack Podell Fuel Injection
Corvette Clocks by Roger
Chassis Concepts
The Street Shop
Mullikins
Keen Parts
Eddy Wass
Vette Masters
VettePros
Coffman Corvette
Auto Intec
Thompson Astro Tops
RJ's Restoration
D & M Corvette
Full Throttle
Aspis
Richard Little
Glassworks the Hardtop Shop
Elite Custom Paint and Body
VintageCorvettes.com
CarArtWork

There are several more vendors we have talked to that will still most likely come.

We have lots of great show cars with the 20 x 20 displays (like our Houston Corvette Chevy Expo is known for). We already have several cars for sale registered.

If anyone has any questions, please give us a call and we will be more than happy to answer them!!! 386-775-2512

Last edited by Corvette Chevy Expo; 09-09-2015 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Updated information
Old 09-13-2015, 10:38 AM
old stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 122 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by keperkey
Corvette Expo had been produced by folks in Knoxville for more than 30 years. Looks like some out of town newcomers have come and taken the Sevierville show so the original folks have moved to Loudon.
This has turned into one big PISSING contest. A lot of talk about this at the Carlisle show.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:01 PM
PopTopVette
Intermediate

St. Jude Donor '12
Default Road Trip

Originally Posted by H P Bushrod
Sounds cool. I plan on going to the Loudon show. Never been there.
A group of us from Houston will be making the trip to Loudon, especially to run the Dragon. We'll be coming from the St. Jude check presentation in Memphis and spending the week in The Smokey's and surrounding area.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:14 PM
H P Bushrod

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by PopTopVette
A group of us from Houston will be making the trip to Loudon, especially to run the Dragon. We'll be coming from the St. Jude check presentation in Memphis and spending the week in The Smokey's and surrounding area.
I'll look forward to meeting you at St. Jude's. I should be there Saturday afternoon. I plan on being at the Dragon run also. Looking forward to the fellowship.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:42 AM
the aeronut
Instructor

Does anyone know if Byron Cooper's traditional Expo event, being held in Loudon this year, is an all outdoor event for vendors, car sales etc. I'm not familiar with what facilities are available in Loudon but it appears that covered space may be quite limited.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:29 AM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

Originally Posted by the aeronut
Does anyone know if Byron Cooper's traditional Expo event, being held in Loudon this year, is an all outdoor event for vendors, car sales etc. I'm not familiar with what facilities are available in Loudon but it appears that covered space may be quite limited.
Why not contact Byron and ask him?
Old 10-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Cobra_4
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Let me sum this up as a 30 year Corvette Expo veteran.

Show used to be in Knoxville, it was awesome.

Show moved to Siverville, it had its growing pains along with a brand new building's growing pains, some bad weather, etc. But it had started to improve over the past couple of events after almost going down the crapper.

The show started to focus more on the "park and show" and the Friday night cruise and less on what made the Corvette Expo what it was, a great auction, one of the best car corrals around(more in Knoxville than it ever was in Siverville), all the major vendors and al the major players in the "flea market" game.

Now in the fall of 2015, the Corvette Expo moves again to London, TN or wherever that is, an hour on the other side of Knoxville I think? Not 100% sure never been. Sounds like they are focusing on the tail of the dragon, which is great, but that's not what many of the expo visitors are there for. You can't buy parts on the tail of the dragon.

So a new group, who by the way runs a huge show in Houston every year from what I've saw, saw the chance at the open date and have decided to host a more traditional Corvette Expo at the events center.

From the looks of their paying vendors, EVERYONE is going to be there. Myself included lol.

There, no need to beat around the bush! If you like a driving event, go to the Corvette Expo. If you like swap meet, vendors, etc, make your mid october plans as usual!
Old 10-06-2015, 12:03 AM
H P Bushrod

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Cobra_4
Let me sum this up as a 30 year Corvette Expo veteran.

Show used to be in Knoxville, it was awesome.

Show moved to Siverville, it had its growing pains along with a brand new building's growing pains, some bad weather, etc. But it had started to improve over the past couple of events after almost going down the crapper.

The show started to focus more on the "park and show" and the Friday night cruise and less on what made the Corvette Expo what it was, a great auction, one of the best car corrals around(more in Knoxville than it ever was in Siverville), all the major vendors and al the major players in the "flea market" game.

Now in the fall of 2015, the Corvette Expo moves again to London, TN or wherever that is, an hour on the other side of Knoxville I think? Not 100% sure never been. Sounds like they are focusing on the tail of the dragon, which is great, but that's not what many of the expo visitors are there for. You can't buy parts on the tail of the dragon.

So a new group, who by the way runs a huge show in Houston every year from what I've saw, saw the chance at the open date and have decided to host a more traditional Corvette Expo at the events center.

From the looks of their paying vendors, EVERYONE is going to be there. Myself included lol.

There, no need to beat around the bush! If you like a driving event, go to the Corvette Expo. If you like swap meet, vendors, etc, make your mid october plans as usual!
I plan on doing the Expo driving event on Friday and doing the Sevierville event on Saturday.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:14 AM
Cobra_4
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by H P Bushrod
I plan on doing the Expo driving event on Friday and doing the Sevierville event on Saturday.
Nothing wrong with that plan at all!
Old 10-08-2015, 08:47 AM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,316 Posts

I have attended the Corvette Expo since it's very early days in Knoxville. I stopped doing the fall show about 3 years ago. There's a show I can do in NJ the same weekend. I don't do as much business there, but when I figure in the cost of hotels, tolls, swap spaces, 4 days away and the gas for 1300 miles round trip, I can do as well at the Jersey show.

From what I understand, the the Fall Expo was cancelled, this is the second time the Coopers have done this, in the last 5 years. The way it was explained to me, when the owners of the Houston show found out that the Expo was cancelled, they decided to hold their own fall show in Sevierville. When the Coopers found out that there was going to be a show held in Sevirville, they changed their mind and decided to go ahead with their fall show, but needed to find a different place to hold the show.

This is how the show ended up moving, but why the Coopers thought they needed to have their new show, the same weekend as Sevierville, I can only guess.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:53 PM
Cobra_4
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by gbvette62
I have attended the Corvette Expo since it's very early days in Knoxville. I stopped doing the fall show about 3 years ago. There's a show I can do in NJ the same weekend. I don't do as much business there, but when I figure in the cost of hotels, tolls, swap spaces, 4 days away and the gas for 1300 miles round trip, I can do as well at the Jersey show.

From what I understand, the the Fall Expo was cancelled, this is the second time the Coopers have done this, in the last 5 years. The way it was explained to me, when the owners of the Houston show found out that the Expo was cancelled, they decided to hold their own fall show in Sevierville. When the Coopers found out that there was going to be a show held in Sevirville, they changed their mind and decided to go ahead with their fall show, but needed to find a different place to hold the show.

This is how the show ended up moving, but why the Coopers thought they needed to have their new show, the same weekend as Sevierville, I can only guess.
Wow, that doesn't surprise me!
Old 10-09-2015, 02:57 PM
4deatr
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I should have done this and not Vette Fest last weekend. Will have to try for next year. Sounds like fun.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:36 PM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

Originally Posted by gbvette62

It's free enterprise, however if you had worked 40 years promoting a venture and another group jumped in and tried to benefit from all your work over the years, wouldn't you be a bit upset?

They barely even changed the name.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:51 AM
H P Bushrod

NCM Sinkhole Donor

It's free enterprise, however if you had worked 40 years promoting a venture and another group jumped in and tried to benefit from all your work over the years, wouldn't you be a bit upset?

They barely even changed the name.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:05 AM
Cobra_4
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09

Tomorrow is the big day! Heading out to the Expo early in the am! Stay tuned for photos!

Get notified of new replies

To Sevierville, TN Corvette Chevy Expo - Oct. 16-17, 2015

Old 10-17-2015, 07:25 AM
Cobra_4
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09

My photos are at the link below!

https://jdsmotorsports.wordpress.com...tn-10-16-2015/
Old 10-17-2015, 05:48 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,505 Likes on 3,590 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Cobra_4
Thanks!
Old 10-17-2015, 09:29 PM
old stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 122 Likes on 103 Posts

What a waste of my time and money this had to be the worst Corvette show/event that I have attended.

Quick Reply: Sevierville, TN Corvette Chevy Expo - Oct. 16-17, 2015