Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

LF Mechanic - Baton Rouge Area

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Little Nut
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LF Mechanic - Baton Rouge Area

Hi, Looking for a mechanic recommendation in the Baton Rouge vicinity. MY crank pulley started chirping on my 07. The latest post that I found was from 4 years ago.

TIA, Tom
Old 08-06-2015, 09:15 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

If you go the dealership route, go to Ross Downing in Hammond.

If you want an independent shop that does good work the only one I have experience with is AMR automotive. Send me a PM if want more info.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:00 PM
Little Nut
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

After a li'l back and forth w/ Sevinn I took my car to AMR on Airline in Baton Rouge. They replaced the Harmonic Balancer. They also resolved my Active Handling problems at a small fraction of what the dealer said the repair would cost. (Rather than throwing parts at the problem, the guys researched and troubleshot the problem and came up with a solution that worked.

I am very pleased with the experience and it is now my shop for the C6. I dealt w/ Kenneth on most matters, but any of the guys I met can help you out.

Thanks AMR,

TomD
Old 09-18-2015, 08:07 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Originally Posted by Little Nut
After a li'l back and forth w/ Sevinn I took my car to AMR on Airline in Baton Rouge. They replaced the Harmonic Balancer. They also resolved my Active Handling problems at a small fraction of what the dealer said the repair would cost. (Rather than throwing parts at the problem, the guys researched and troubleshot the problem and came up with a solution that worked.

I am very pleased with the experience and it is now my shop for the C6. I dealt w/ Kenneth on most matters, but any of the guys I met can help you out.

Thanks AMR,

TomD
I'm glad you were pleased with the service. It's a group of good folks over there.

Get notified of new replies

To LF Mechanic - Baton Rouge Area

Quick Reply: LF Mechanic - Baton Rouge Area