Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

(Redline Motorsports) South Florida Performance Group start up thread...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 02:17 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

Default (Redline Motorsports) South Florida Performance Group start up thread...

I'm starting this thread, to continue parts of a prior thread, in which we have expressed an interest in putting together a group of guys (and girls) that have a desire to bring some performance related gatherings together.

It has been quite apparent since the Towers Shop gathering in Davie has been ceased that many are scrambling for a landing spot. My plan is not to recreate what was there but to slim line and improve the level of vehicles and people with this group.

As a Nationally recognized performance facility as well as a strong South Florida based shop, we feel with our connections and backing we can put together a good group. Call it a club or whatever but south fla needs some kind of foundation geared towards the modern day warefare.

I am not keeping this exclusive to Corvettes but will also include the other GM performance cars such as GEN5/6 Camaro and 2009-2016 CTSV. If a few other late model American cars jumped in (GT500 or Hellcats) I'm not looking to segregate. I am looking to avoid Honda's and cars most populated by 17 year old punks....sorry buts that the way it will be.

I'm looking to continue building a short list right now so we can at least get 8-12 guys together and discuss my ideas and as well as listen to others. Whether it be meeting up on a few Sundays for breakfast and blast around or setting up a track event its about the gathering.

Let's leave this thread open for discussion as its a great starting point. Since we are still in the ***** of summer here it may take a few weeks to really organize this however I'm not opposed in getting a few guys meeting up earlier.

If you guys can, please send a formal interest to Jason at jason@redline-motorsports.net so he can organize a contact list for e mailings. So far we have gotten quite a few e mails which is cool....I feel this is like Fight Club as people are really anxious to get out with there cars!

Thanks again and looking forward in meeting up and growing this...

Howard
Redline Motorsports
Old 08-07-2015, 02:26 PM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Great idea...I'm down, but it'd be great if the location was close to 95 or turnpike. And it'd be great if it was in north enough for ppl from west palm and surround areas to occasionally come. I feel like the further south it is - the more geographically limited your audience will be....

Just a thought!
Old 08-07-2015, 02:30 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Count me in!

I have lamented the demise of our Corvette Challenge at the track, which turned into a performance car enthusiast meeting, plenty of bench racing and information being shared, with a car show, drag racing, and dinner afterward thrown in for good measure.

Some of that group still stays in touch to this day, I can round them up and get them involved in this, I think I can safely say we all miss the camaraderie of the monthly events.

I'm looking forward to this happening. I think we need it in S. Fla.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Geared
Great idea...I'm down, but it'd be great if the location was close to 95 or turnpike. And it'd be great if it was in north enough for ppl from west palm and surround areas to occasionally come. I feel like the further south it is - the more geographically limited your audience will be....

Just a thought!
Agreed and all ready considered. One of the reasons we are in Pompano is exactly that reason...halfway to Miami and Palm Beach. Plus we are a mile East and West from the both the Turnpike and 95.

I actually would like to move the meeting places to keep it mixed up for all. Plus the point is to use our cars... if it where a Tupper Ware party we'd be at one place! LOL
Old 08-07-2015, 05:38 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Count me in!

I have lamented the demise of our Corvette Challenge at the track, which turned into a performance car enthusiast meeting, plenty of bench racing and information being shared, with a car show, drag racing, and dinner afterward thrown in for good measure.

Some of that group still stays in touch to this day, I can round them up and get them involved in this, I think I can safely say we all miss the camaraderie of the monthly events.

I'm looking forward to this happening. I think we need it in S. Fla.
Joe thanks for jumping on. As one of the guys who was in the epicenter of that era we appreciate your input. Bringing back a challenge type theme is also on the books...I again want to state this is a much more harder core group then a parking lot full of lawn chairs...god only knows there is plenty of that kind of show for the masses.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:11 PM
T2G2
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator

Add me to the list. I am up on Singer Island but will cruise south for some group meets, of of course Cruises.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:38 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by T2G2
Add me to the list. I am up on Singer Island but will cruise south for some group meets, of of course Cruises.
Cool.

Please send an e mail to jason@redline-motorsports.net so he can put you on the list.

Thanks

HT
Old 08-10-2015, 11:11 PM
The Clevite Kid
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 69 Likes on 45 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16,'17,'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Default Email sent

Jason, you have MAIL.

Looking forward to good times with hot GM cars, and a few worthy non-GM visitors.

Lee
Old 08-14-2015, 08:40 AM
GS-FLA
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Jason,

You already got my email a few weeks ago

Looking forward to this.

I want to try to stop by one of these days to say hello. As a matter of fact, will you be at your shop today?

Thanks
Conrado
Old 08-14-2015, 09:45 AM
Zas
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS-FLA
Jason,

You already got my email a few weeks ago

Looking forward to this.

I want to try to stop by one of these days to say hello. As a matter of fact, will you be at your shop today?

Thanks
Conrado

Conrado

Yes we have you on the "list" but thanks for checking in on this thread.

We would love it have you or any other members visit our facility. Friday's HT likes to bring the staff to lunch so 12:00 to 1:00 we might not be here.

Let me know what works and we look forward in meeting!
Old 08-16-2015, 11:12 PM
Justin Harris
Intermediate

Hey all, just bought a 2014 3LT Z51 Torch red / Kalahari... would love to join group and go to meets.. please add me: jaynceci822@gmail.com Ph:305-905-7403

Thanks,

Justin
Old 08-17-2015, 08:13 AM
Zas
Advanced

Originally Posted by Justin Harris
Hey all, just bought a 2014 3LT Z51 Torch red / Kalahari... would love to join group and go to meets.. please add me: jaynceci822@gmail.com Ph:305-905-7403

Thanks,

Justin
Hey Justin,

Got you on the list. Will keep you in the loop. Look forward to meeting you.
Jason
Old 08-24-2015, 08:25 AM
Coach62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Sounds good. I'm in Naples but would like to show up. If you can find a spot that's also convenient to west coast owners you would probably get a few of us.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:35 AM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Coach62
Sounds good. I'm in Naples but would like to show up. If you can find a spot that's also convenient to west coast owners you would probably get a few of us.
Awesome! As this evolves we would like to do some Sunday road trips and most certainly a blast across the alley would be fun as well.

We have quite a few customers in your area so I think I'll reach out to them as well!

Please see Jason an e mail so he can add you to the list!

Thanks

HT
Old 08-25-2015, 08:45 AM
Zas
Advanced

Originally Posted by Coach62

Send me your number and email to jason@redline-motorsports.net and will keep you on the list. We can try to get group to make trip over to naples and all get together.

Jay
Old 08-27-2015, 07:34 AM
innerconx
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Hey Howard,
You're aware that the Tower Shops Friday Night gathering has moved to the Plaza of Davie right next to Ruby Tuesdays? St. Rd. 84 and Hiatus.

More and more cars and bikes are showing up each week - check it out.
I'll drop an email to you I'm interested.

Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
I'm starting this thread, to continue parts of a prior thread, in which we have expressed an interest in putting together a group of guys (and girls) that have a desire to bring some performance related gatherings together.

It has been quite apparent since the Towers Shop gathering in Davie has been ceased that many are scrambling for a landing spot. My plan is not to recreate what was there but to slim line and improve the level of vehicles and people with this group.

As a Nationally recognized performance facility as well as a strong South Florida based shop, we feel with our connections and backing we can put together a good group. Call it a club or whatever but south fla needs some kind of foundation geared towards the modern day warefare.

I am not keeping this exclusive to Corvettes but will also include the other GM performance cars such as GEN5/6 Camaro and 2009-2016 CTSV. If a few other late model American cars jumped in (GT500 or Hellcats) I'm not looking to segregate. I am looking to avoid Honda's and cars most populated by 17 year old punks....sorry buts that the way it will be.

I'm looking to continue building a short list right now so we can at least get 8-12 guys together and discuss my ideas and as well as listen to others. Whether it be meeting up on a few Sundays for breakfast and blast around or setting up a track event its about the gathering.

Let's leave this thread open for discussion as its a great starting point. Since we are still in the ***** of summer here it may take a few weeks to really organize this however I'm not opposed in getting a few guys meeting up earlier.

If you guys can, please send a formal interest to Jason at jason@redline-motorsports.net so he can organize a contact list for e mailings. So far we have gotten quite a few e mails which is cool....I feel this is like Fight Club as people are really anxious to get out with there cars!

Thanks again and looking forward in meeting up and growing this...

Howard
Redline Motorsports
Old 08-27-2015, 08:21 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by innerconx
Hey Howard,
You're aware that the Tower Shops Friday Night gathering has moved to the Plaza of Davie right next to Ruby Tuesdays? St. Rd. 84 and Hiatus.

More and more cars and bikes are showing up each week - check it out.
I'll drop an email to you I'm interested.
I go most Fridays, when it's not raining. It is getting bigger which is a good thing. I usually take my Harley but could of course take the Vette if we got a group going.

84 Diner and Ruby Tuesday are there for dinner during/after the show which is nice.

Howard and Jason I'm looking forward to our event and I hope we can make a habit out of it. I sorely miss the camaraderie of our Corvette Challenge. I'm wondering if we should just all get together for a test and tune at PBIR and hang out in the pits/stands and grab a bite on the way home? One of the things I enjoyed about the Corvette Challenge is we'd get new folks involved who weren't old hands at drag racing, or even if they were, they weren't practiced in the idiosyncrasies of a manual Vette, and we enjoyed coaching them and watching their pleasure as the learned to extract the performance their cars had in them, but they didn't know how to get it out. We all remember as we learned and how good it felt to get our first 12 second slip, then 11, then some of got a 10...and a few of you got a 7.... LOL

Last edited by Joe_G; 08-27-2015 at 08:25 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To (Redline Motorsports) South Florida Performance Group start up thread...

Old 08-27-2015, 06:59 PM
Geared
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Hope noone minds...this isnt my event, just spreading the word and attempting to setup a little brief pre meet/cruise to the C&C...will be AWESOME.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1590362715
Old 08-27-2015, 07:43 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Guys thanks for all the comments! The point of this "organized" group is to separate from the typical crowds of crap....there I said it.

There are plenty of groups down here that people have many options but this was about guys that are serious about performance. Just because you own a car doesn't qualify your a performance guy. This doesn't mean you have to have a 1000 hp but its more about an overall attitude about your hobby.

The Towers shop was only good because it WAS the only place. But that place is like a carnival. I'm not interested in neon lights under a jeep or some jack a$$ walking around in a spider-man outfit next to his 78 olds Cutlass.... I'm talking about a group who aren't afraid to change the color of there new headers to purple once in a while, learn more about how all this works and also be on call for some "spirited" Sunday morning missions.

A group that when there is a track event or a good C&C that it's a call to arms. Part of this plan is to be able to utilize our facility as a hub if needed and a place we plan on doing some C&C as well this winter.

To be honest I was very disappointed in the Towers scene as compared to how we used to roll in NY. We had comradery and strength and when the crew rolled in you knew it. Nothing like a pack of hungry V8 engines coming in to anywhere..

The list is growing and in the next three weeks we will pull together a group and we can talk about it. I just think south fla needs something different as what is here is just boring....

If you know others that may have this kind of interest get them to Jay so we can add them to this list.

Thanks

HT
Old 08-27-2015, 07:47 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Joe_G
I go most Fridays, when it's not raining. It is getting bigger which is a good thing. I usually take my Harley but could of course take the Vette if we got a group going.

84 Diner and Ruby Tuesday are there for dinner during/after the show which is nice.

Howard and Jason I'm looking forward to our event and I hope we can make a habit out of it. I sorely miss the camaraderie of our Corvette Challenge. I'm wondering if we should just all get together for a test and tune at PBIR and hang out in the pits/stands and grab a bite on the way home? One of the things I enjoyed about the Corvette Challenge is we'd get new folks involved who weren't old hands at drag racing, or even if they were, they weren't practiced in the idiosyncrasies of a manual Vette, and we enjoyed coaching them and watching their pleasure as the learned to extract the performance their cars had in them, but they didn't know how to get it out. We all remember as we learned and how good it felt to get our first 12 second slip, then 11, then some of got a 10...and a few of you got a 7.... LOL
Joe,

Well stated! I'm glad we met and you still have the excitement for this! It's going down one way or another. Its time for change! (geeze I sound like I'm running for presidency! LOL!

HT

Quick Reply: (Redline Motorsports) South Florida Performance Group start up thread...