Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Seeking Jacksonville/North Florida Weatherstripping Installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 10:17 AM
ThunderJ
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking Jacksonville/North Florida Weatherstripping Installation

Can anyone recommend a shop for weatherstripping installation that is located in the Jacksonville/North Florida area? Thanks.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:52 AM
KBoltz
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Weatherstripping

Originally Posted by ThunderJ
Can anyone recommend a shop for weatherstripping installation that is located in the Jacksonville/North Florida area? Thanks.
Dude - do it yourself. Takes a day. Removal of the old stuff takes the longest.

Get the following tools:

1. Small scraper - auto parts store
2. Toenail tools - CVS
3. Stiff bristled toothbrush with 70% rubbing alcohol
4. Small roller - looks like a pizza cutter, used on screen doors - Lowes
5. Tongue depressors or popsicle sticks
6. 50 cent piece

Pull the old weather stripping out. Take your time. This is the most important part. Get all the old stuff out, using the small scraper, and toenail tools. You want a clean surface. Then use the toothbrush and alcohol to make sure the surface is prepped.

When I had my C4, this took me about 4 hours, but I am **** retentive. I got my weather stripping kit from Wilcox Corvette. I took my time using the tongue depressors (I used popsicle sticks) to gently push the weather stripping in, some places I used the 50 cent piece since it was stronger (when I broke the popsicle sticks around corners). Then went over everything with the roller to make sure it was firmly seated. I did use the glue, but only sparingly in the corners and along the A pillars and B pillars. Took about two hours to install. One person. Two people, it goes by quicker.

Old 09-09-2015, 03:09 PM
ThunderJ
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. The only piece I was going to see about having someone take care of is the window sweep. I've seen some videos on removing the door panel and drilling out the rivets. After a few calls, I've decided to take care of it myself.

Are there only certain years/types of C-4's that have rivets securing the window sweeps? I called the dealership, was surprised when they said mine aren't riveted ('95 base, glass top).
Old 09-10-2015, 02:22 PM
KBoltz
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ThunderJ
Thanks for the info. The only piece I was going to see about having someone take care of is the window sweep. I've seen some videos on removing the door panel and drilling out the rivets. After a few calls, I've decided to take care of it myself.

Are there only certain years/types of C-4's that have rivets securing the window sweeps? I called the dealership, was surprised when they said mine aren't riveted ('95 base, glass top).
My 96 wasn't riveted either. Check the C4 Tech section. Good info. Do a search first. That should bring up a few threads. Also check the FAQ section, and How To section.

Get notified of new replies

To Seeking Jacksonville/North Florida Weatherstripping Installation

Quick Reply: Seeking Jacksonville/North Florida Weatherstripping Installation