Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Window Tinting - Middle TN

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 08:46 AM
rmiller86
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Window Tinting - Middle TN

Looking for a place to have my widows tinted in the Nashville area, any suggestions?
Old 08-22-2015, 05:52 AM
jonrobinson84
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm looking for the same. I am near Murfreesboro and no one will touch my back glass. I am glad because that means they are not up to speed enough to touch my ride
Old 08-22-2015, 09:13 PM
rmiller86
Instructor

Originally Posted by jonrobinson84
I'm looking for the same. I am near Murfreesboro and no one will touch my back glass. I am glad because that means they are not up to speed enough to touch my ride
I made an appointment with Performance Films in Nashville this week. They told me that they use vinyl to cover the rear dots. They are also not very expensive. I looked them up online and they responded to several emails with questions I had. They were the only company to respond so I made an appointment. Hope this helps.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:54 PM
darryljenk
Instructor

Originally Posted by rmiller86
I made an appointment with Performance Films in Nashville this week. They told me that they use vinyl to cover the rear dots. They are also not very expensive. I looked them up online and they responded to several emails with questions I had. They were the only company to respond so I made an appointment. Hope this helps.
Let us know how they do. I need to get my car done as well.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:47 AM
rmiller86
Instructor

Originally Posted by darryljenk
Let us know how they do. I need to get my car done as well.
I am at window tinter now, I will give an update and a couple pics when it's done.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:02 PM
rmiller86
Instructor

Originally Posted by rmiller86
I am at window tinter now, I will give an update and a couple pics when it's done.
Well, all went good. It took them 3 tries to get the back glass done, but it looks great. I went with the LLumar CTX tint and when all said and done, approx $360 all in.

There is a little space around the dots, but nothing bad like I have seen on the forum

This is the worst of it. This is under the vinyl piece he put in.

Pretty close to 2 hour to complete, but he did the back 3 times
Old 08-31-2015, 08:59 PM
jonrobinson84
Instructor

360 is pretty steep in my opinion. But that was in Nashville correct? I guess the cost of doing the curve is steep! Was the tint a really good quality tint? Im not up to date on the variety they have? Looks great by the way, what percentages did you do?
Old 08-31-2015, 10:19 PM
rmiller86
Instructor

Originally Posted by jonrobinson84
360 is pretty steep in my opinion. But that was in Nashville correct? I guess the cost of doing the curve is steep! Was the tint a really good quality tint? Im not up to date on the variety they have? Looks great by the way, what percentages did you do?
Performance Films is in Nashville. I got LLumar CTX at 35%, the legal limit. The CTX is the best. Look at their website, www.performancefilmstn.com, the have all the different types listed. Prices are also listed on the site.

Last edited by rmiller86; 08-31-2015 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:03 PM
solid dobe
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21

Originally Posted by .....
$360 is pretty steep in my opinion. But that was in Nashville correct? I guess the cost of doing the curve is steep! Was the tint a really good quality tint? Im not up to date on the variety they have? Looks great by the way, what percentages did you do?
on a side note...Solar Insulation(Nashville) did mine back around 2002 and it cost $295. AND the back glass pictured looks better than mine did.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:11 PM
jonrobinson84
Instructor

Talked the local guy into tinting it. I was at the point where I had rather have ANYTHING over the purple that was coming off from previous owner. To remove tint and re tint it was 200. Looks really good except he shaved off some defrost lines and the Orange is not all Orange on the back when looking from the outside. I'm trying not to think about that part lol

Old 09-07-2015, 09:43 PM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Received 716 Likes on 484 Posts

Solar Insulation in west Nashville has done 13 cars for me. In business since 1975 and offer lifetime warranty. Call Rachel at 615 329 2500 for appointments and tell her Randy from the Z club recommended them.

Get notified of new replies

To Window Tinting - Middle TN

Quick Reply: Window Tinting - Middle TN