Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Huntsville area Transmission work

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 11:32 AM
vader86
Team Owner

Received 1,401 Likes on 1,017 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Default Huntsville area Transmission work

I believe the Vigilante TC in my Probuilt 700R4 is having a problem, but I don't know the local shops who do good transmission work and will stand by their work. I believe it is causing other problems with the tranny as well.

Needs to be Athens/Madison/Decatur/HSV area, anyone used a local shop and will recommend them?
Old 10-29-2015, 10:56 PM
MyOtherCar
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm not sure if anyone has referred you as yet, but you might try a transmission shop that is just east of Athens.

I tried to find their business card but was not able to do so and I don't remember for sure it's name. I believe "Steve's"

Anyway, it is located on Newby Road about 1/2 mile south of Hwy 72.

Newby Road is just past the church bldg and where the Channel 48 radar tower was located before the tornado blew it down.

You might want to stop in and chat with the guy first, see if you are comfortable with them. It has been a few years since I was last involved with them, but I remember them coming with a good recommendation.

If that doesn't work give me a shout and I'll put you in tough with a good friend of mine who lives in Athens and is pretty well connected in the car world out there.

Good Luck
Old 10-30-2015, 02:08 PM
vader86
Team Owner

Received 1,401 Likes on 1,017 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Actually since his shop was a half mile away from my house, I visited him. Seems like a smart guy with transmissions.

Would still need to know various shops for this work that come with recs though.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:57 PM
MyOtherCar
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah, not that many transmission shops in your area unless you head into Huntsville.

What did Champion Chev say in response to your inquiry?

Get notified of new replies

To Huntsville area Transmission work

Quick Reply: Huntsville area Transmission work