Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Looking for interest in local cars and coffee in eastern NC

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 12:51 PM
Elizabeth City Vette
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Looking for interest in local cars and coffee in eastern NC

Looking to see if we can get some people together to start up a weekly get together or Cars and Coffee type of event here in the eastern part of NC. Specifically the Outer Banks, Elizabeth City, Edenton, Hertford, Camden, Currituck area. I rarely see much activity in our area for these types of events and usually have to go to the Tidewater Virginia area for anything. Hopefully we have enough Vette owners out there on this forum who are in the area and would also like to start up this type of event. Let me know if you or your friends might have some interest and we can move forward with some good old Corvette fellowship. Lets make this happen!
Old 11-03-2015, 09:56 AM
Lovingnocarpayment
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately the south east section is pretty large, for people curious exactly where this part of south east might be convienent to - Nags Head, Manteo, Grandy, Kill devil hills, Cape Hatteras going east, to the west - Gates(County), Windsor(Bertie County) Ahoskie, and Camden County to name a few to give people a general idea as the the area scope. I'll be going in hopes the many vette owners in these areas can come together.

Last edited by Lovingnocarpayment; 11-03-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:49 PM
jesse82nc
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Just come out to the Triangle We have Wake Forest right now, and Raleigh will start back up in January.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:59 PM
Elizabeth City Vette
Pro

Originally Posted by jesse82nc
Just come out to the Triangle We have Wake Forest right now, and Raleigh will start back up in January.
Yeah I know, you guys in the Triangle have more events than you can handle. We got nothing here! You would think with the great beaches and low traffic volume we would have people lining up to have get togethers. Come on over to the east side.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:32 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

Received 745 Likes on 429 Posts
NC Events Coordinator

Go up to the black menu bar at the top and click on Members List.

Go all the way over to the right and click on the red Search Members box and click on the triangle and select Advanced Search.

When you get to the Advanced Search screen, type in NC in the state field and 290 in the zip field click search. That will give you everyone in NC with 279 somewhere in their zip code. You might get a few that aren't in your area. That netted 36 members including you. I got another 11 by using North Carolina instead of NC in the state box.

You might want to get your local Chevy dealer involved too. Maybe they'll do a mailing for you. Heck, they might even host your M&G.

Also, check out the Eastern Carolina Corvette Club (ECCC) .

Good luck.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:42 PM
Elizabeth City Vette
Pro

Originally Posted by jcsperson
Go up to the black menu bar at the top and click on Members List.

Go all the way over to the right and click on the red Search Members box and click on the triangle and select Advanced Search.

When you get to the Advanced Search screen, type in NC in the state field and 290 in the zip field click search. That will give you everyone in NC with 279 somewhere in their zip code. You might get a few that aren't in your area. That netted 36 members including you. I got another 11 by using North Carolina instead of NC in the state box.

You might want to get your local Chevy dealer involved too. Maybe they'll do a mailing for you. Heck, they might even host your M&G.

Also, check out the Eastern Carolina Corvette Club (ECCC) .

Good luck.
Thank you! I was unaware of the member search function. That helps tremendously at identifying our target audience. A quick look at that feature gave me a pretty good idea of where to start next.
Thanks again for your assistance.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:59 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

Received 745 Likes on 429 Posts
NC Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Elizabeth City Vette
Thanks again for your assistance.
Let us know how it turns out.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:40 PM
2EZ 2SPD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Elizabeth City Vette
Looking to see if we can get some people together to start up a weekly get together or Cars and Coffee type of event here in the eastern part of NC. Specifically the Outer Banks, Elizabeth City, Edenton, Hertford, Camden, Currituck area. I rarely see much activity in our area for these types of events and usually have to go to the Tidewater Virginia area for anything. Hopefully we have enough Vette owners out there on this forum who are in the area and would also like to start up this type of event. Let me know if you or your friends might have some interest and we can move forward with some good old Corvette fellowship. Lets make this happen!
I'll keep a watch on this to see where it goes, I'm interested but now days I spend more time in my boat than my vette but if I can I'll show up.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:17 PM
Timex
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in southern Chesapeake and would be interested.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Elizabeth City Vette
Pro

Originally Posted by Timex
I'm in southern Chesapeake and would be interested.
Sounds great, we have 6 people who have responded so far so I will add you to the group and PM you with further news. Hopefully we can get this going soon.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for interest in local cars and coffee in eastern NC

Quick Reply: Looking for interest in local cars and coffee in eastern NC