Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Miami/South Beach Members?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 01:13 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

Default Miami/South Beach Members?

Heading that way tomorrow any of you on here? Best place to check out some Supercars in that area? Give us a good Cuban place to eat lunch.

Last edited by DRLC5; 12-28-2015 at 01:15 PM.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:43 PM
petecaballero
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DRLC5
Heading that way tomorrow any of you on here? Best place to check out some Supercars in that area? Give us a good Cuban place to eat lunch.
Not sure about week days but on Friday and Saturday nights all the exotics like to hang around on Washington, Collins and Ocean Dr. Can't swing a dead cat without hitting one.

As for Cuban food go Havana 1957 on either Lincoln Road or Washington and Espiñola way.

Hope this helps. Have fun!
The following users liked this post:
DRLC5 (12-29-2015)
Old 12-29-2015, 07:28 AM
DanTheFireman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Pete is spot on. You could also try Daves Cafe on 11th and Collins, then walk a block to Ocean. The other Daves location on Lincoln and Meridian sees a lot of cruisers also but Ocean Dr. and Collins Ave. are the place. I worked rescue on South Beach, saw three different color Veyrons within a few months.
DRLC5 (12-29-2015)
Old 12-29-2015, 09:55 AM
Dellrose
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Go to Mangos on SoBee for the finest women on the planet doing the floor show and excellent eats. Afterwards, take a short walk south to the News Cafe, grab a seat outside and a milkshake. Your eyes will grow weary of all the hot cars and women passing by. I've been down here for 30 years and this is the best course I've found to watch supercars and uber women on the beach. Mangos is a must experience and the News Cafe is towards the start of the strip so you'll hear them coming, then get a chance to watch them idle by.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:06 AM
Lrn2Swm
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

There is a 918 that hangs around that area. Too many Lambos and Ferraris. I have been told by valets that my Z06 convertible is much rarer to see.

Last edited by Lrn2Swm; 12-29-2015 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:27 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

Thanks to all, we had a great time today, except the traffic, Wow. It has been about 6 years since we last went to South beach we stayed a few days back then. And yes back then we went a couple of nights to Mango"s. Well today we ate at Havana 1957 good recommendation also the Cafe another good call. Thanks for the recomendations.. here is a partial list of the rides we saw today. Not bad for a Tuesday afternoon. 1 Mercedes CLS AMG, 1 Mclaren 650S, 6 or 7 Bentleys, Ferrari 458 and a 360. Aston Martin DB7 Awesome ride, Aston Martin new Vanquish. 3 or 4 Porsches 2 Turbo S one Carrera S. A few Rolls. 2 Stingrays. 1950s Cadillac pristine condition. 1 Mercedes The Big Square SUV?? Our Z got several thumbs ups several lookers and saw a few taking pictures, when we went to pick up our car someone put there face to my window to look inside, they left a perfect impression of there face and hands on the window. our Zs get alot of attention even in places like South beach where they see Alot of Supercars. Proud owner of real American Horsepower.

Last edited by DRLC5; 12-29-2015 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:16 PM
petecaballero
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like you had a great time. Yea that area is like a car show. I remember Will Smith's song a few years back with the lyrics "Miami, hundred thousand dollars cars...everybody got em".

As for your face imprint, happens to me all the time with mine. Went to a car show on Saturday night and purposely parked mine on the outside of the roped off area so I wouldn't get finger prints all over her. When I left I took a quick look at my fenders and hood and as usual there were finger prints of people posing with the car for a photo op. And a huge face and hands smudge mark on the driver side window.

Great problem to have.
DRLC5 (12-30-2015)
Old 01-21-2016, 09:18 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Can anyone use GOOGLE MAPS and trace an outline in green where its safe to go? Maybe even highlight red (unsafe) zones?
Old 01-22-2016, 11:44 PM
ReyNodar
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DRLC5
La carreta Rest

Get notified of new replies

To Miami/South Beach Members?

Quick Reply: Miami/South Beach Members?