Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Who is going to the Daytona Rolex Corvette Corral this year?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 12:58 PM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

Default Who is going to the Daytona Rolex Corvette Corral this year?

PM me if you have an open seat in your vette for a pretty lady, to ride the parade lap the Friday before the race.

I need 2 volunteers

I'm still waiting on my tickets to arrive, but some have gotten theirs this week, as a fyi.

See you there!

PS - It's sold out, but if I hear of any last minute corvette corral tickets becoming available, I'll post out here ASAP.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:45 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Hey Ron - you already know Linda and I will be there for the Corvette Corral and the "Taste of the 24" Saturday night!!

My buddy Butch from Miami will be up and it's just him so he had an extra ticket. But, forum member 1stc6z51 has spoken up for that extra ticket. He and his wife will come over from Tampa, and he still needs another ticket for his wife - so if anyone has another ticket available send him a PM.

We should get together for dinner Friday night!! Anybody who wants to join us just shoot me a PM so I can get a reservation someplace if there enough of us.

Looking forward to the event - it's always a GREAT time!!

Bob
Old 01-17-2016, 11:02 AM
360Lemans
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Default dinner Friday night

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Hey Ron - you already know Linda and I will be there for the Corvette Corral and the "Taste of the 24" Saturday night!!

My buddy Butch from Miami will be up and it's just him so he had an extra ticket. But, forum member 1stc6z51 has spoken up for that extra ticket. He and his wife will come over from Tampa, and he still needs another ticket for his wife - so if anyone has another ticket available send him a PM.

We should get together for dinner Friday night!! Anybody who wants to join us just shoot me a PM so I can get a reservation someplace if there enough of us.

Looking forward to the event - it's always a GREAT time!!

Bob
Bob
Thanks for the invite, sent a PM for Friday night dinner. Yes Rolex is always a great time!!

Marc
Old 01-19-2016, 06:10 AM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Sounds good Bob, we will be in for the dinner as well, I'll get up with you later. If I hear of any open tickets, I'll let you know too.

Yea, I have a friend that works at a hotel, and her CEO is coming to town, and they want to ride the parade lap Friday morning in vettes.

I have the CEO covered, but not the 2 ladies that work here in Daytona.

Sooo, I would like to find two other vettes that can take ride alongs for the Friday morning parade laps.

If anyone is riding by themselves, and doesn't mind a passenger, I'm sure that they will help you out for hotel deals afterwards
Old 01-19-2016, 12:23 PM
solarstingray
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

guys me and my wife would love to go to the coral, our new stingray is stock though,

we love the rolex and go every year,

is there a waiting list for next year and how do you get in ? thanks
Old 01-21-2016, 07:01 AM
Seadawg
Safety Car

SolarStingRay, it's got to where it is like season tickets for a ball field, someone just about has to die to free up a spot.

Having said that, I'll ask around at the event this year, and PM you with the best contact info from the track, so that you can check on it going forward.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:01 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

We're going to have around 8 or so of us get together Friday evening for dinner.

However, what do you do while at the race Saturday night???

Well....below is info about a fantastic deal for dining and watching the race from the corporate skyboxes. If you already have race tickets there's a $55 ticket for just the dining experience. If you don't have race tickets yet there's a $105 option that includes a 2-day race ticket.

I just got an email that "Taste of the 24" tickets for Saturday evening are still available!!

Take a look at the website below - it says the tickets are $105, but that includes a 2-day ticket to the race.

If you already have tickets, there's a $55 ticket that isn't shown on the website, but the email I got indicated that it's available. The $55 ticket is for if you already have race tickets and only need the "Taste of 24" ticket.

http://www.nascarfoundation.org/events/taste-24-0

Here's an excerpt from the email I got:

TICKETS ARE STILL AVAILABLE!

$105 Donation gets you into the Rolex 24 at Daytona AND Taste of the 24!

Already have your ticket to the Rolex 24? Purchase your "Taste-Only" ticket for just $55!

For questions please contact Samantha Whitley at 386.310.5710 or swhitley@NASCARfoundation.org .

I'm a cheap SOB, and $55 seems like a lot for dinner, but it's much more than that!!!

The long range weather forecast looks real good for Saturday night - but it does show a low of 50 degrees. The "Taste" will get you inside for about 4 or 5 hours while you dine and watch the race in real comfort!!!

The "Taste" is in the corporate skyboxes way above the grandstands, so you get a fantastic view of the whole track. You go to different suites where some 30 different restaurants are set up, and you get a plate of an appetizer size sample of some of their best food.

So.....if you want to dine in style Saturday evening and watch the race in real comfort, consider the "Taste of the 24".

And....according to their advertising, it's a tax deductible donation to their charitable foundation!!

Old 01-23-2016, 01:30 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,622 Likes on 1,741 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I am going to be there in time to go to the race but as all ready mentioned Corral tix are sold out
What's the best package to get for tickets events etc?
Old 01-23-2016, 01:52 PM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I am going to be there in time to go to the race but as all ready mentioned Corral tix are sold out
What's the best package to get for tickets events etc?
If you don't find anything by Monday, PM me and I'll share any corporate deals I have.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:28 PM
Voodoo2
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Needing Corral Tickets for Rolex 24

Please Help!!!!

All dressed up for the Rolex with no corral tickets to get on the parade lap.

Any assistance or leads on tickets for sale are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2016, 09:32 PM
RaceTrackFan
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the Corvette Coral in the infield?
Old 01-25-2016, 10:06 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RaceTrackFan
Is the Corvette Coral in the infield?
Yes - you go through the Turn 4 Tunnel and you're right there!

You park right next to the Corvette Hospitality Tent.

Couldn't be more convenient. It's just too bad that they don't have more tickets available.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...1&d=1453777278
Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2016, 10:35 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Anybody else gonna join us for dinner Friday evening about 6:30PM??

So far it's:

BEZ06 - 3
Seadawg - 2
360Lemans - 1
and I think 1stc6z51 will join us - 2

That's a total of 8 so far.

If anybody else would like to dine with us, just post up how many in your party.

I think I'm going to get reservations down in Port Orange - about 6 or 7 miles south of the Speedway. The restaurants around the Speedway on Int'l Spdwy Blvd will be jammed, so I think we can get a small group of us into a nice restaurant in Port Orange much more easily.

I'm going to make a reservation on Tuesday afternoon, so please post up if you'll be joining us.

Last edited by BEZ06; 01-25-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:27 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Looks like 8 of us at this point. Anybody else that wants to join us, just post up or PM me and let me know how many in your party.

I got us a reservation for 6:15PM Friday evening Jan 29th.

The restaurant is south of the Speedway about 6 or 7 miles in Port Orange. Below is the address for your nav system:

Stonewood Grill
1078 Dunlawton Ave
Port Orange, FL 32127

Below are a couple maps. From the Speedway area you can go south on I-95 (get off on exit 256), Williamson Blvd, Clyde Morris Blvd, or Nova Rd.

If you're coming down I-95, Williamson, or Clyde Morris, when you hit Dunlawton turn left (go east toward the ocean) and turn right into the restaurant area, as shown on the smaller map of the restaurant location.

If you come down Nova, it's probably best to cross over Dunlawton and go about 1/4 mile down to Village Trail and turn right and come in as indicated on the detail map.

If you come from the beach, down US Rt 1 or A1A, go west on Dunlawton and either turn left on Nova and go down to Village Trail as above, or continue west down Dunlawton and turn left onto the other end of Village Trail and then another left onto Butterfly to come in that way.

Any questions, just post them up!!

Attached Images   
Old 01-27-2016, 08:45 AM
solarstingray
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

looks like we wont be able to make it this year,

we went last year its an amazing event,

if your really cheap SoB =>you can do the grand stands for like 5.00 or so.

take pics for the rest of us
Old 01-27-2016, 06:11 PM
Z06Norway
Melting Slicks

Received 241 Likes on 145 Posts

Hope snowbirds from Norway can pop by the Corrall and say hi and check out cars ?
360Lemans....... long time no see :-)

i can't do dinner as i promised a friend a stay over in the house at Cocoa Beach, so i will be there thursday from 11 AM until closing and friday until 1700... Then back saturday morning and hopefully see the whole race...
50 degrees doesn't sound healthy

C ya all at the race....

BTW, any with Night Race Blue Metallic coming ?

I am about 99.99% closed deal on my first C7 Z06 Z07....

Anyone with experience from tracking non Z07 vs. Z07 cars and want to share that experience.. please hook the lost Norwegian wandering around the Corrall
Old 01-27-2016, 07:16 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,622 Likes on 1,741 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Just swung by the Museum on our way to Daytona! Hope to meet a lot of you

Get notified of new replies

To Who is going to the Daytona Rolex Corvette Corral this year?

Old 01-28-2016, 06:39 PM
360Lemans
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Default dinner Friday night

Originally Posted by Z06Norway
Hope snowbirds from Norway can pop by the Corrall and say hi and check out cars ?
360Lemans....... long time no see :-)

i can't do dinner as i promised a friend a stay over in the house at Cocoa Beach, so i will be there thursday from 11 AM until closing and friday until 1700... Then back saturday morning and hopefully see the whole race...
50 degrees doesn't sound healthy

C ya all at the race....

BTW, any with Night Race Blue Metallic coming ?

I am about 99.99% closed deal on my first C7 Z06 Z07....

Anyone with experience from tracking non Z07 vs. Z07 cars and want to share that experience.. please hook the lost Norwegian wandering around the Corrall
This is Stephanie. Marc is in Florida and is so looking forward to seeing you. I am disappointed that I won't get to see you. I am here in North Carolina. Marc will be there Friday through Monday. You should still have his email address and phone number so you can reach him. He has the address for the restaurant for Friday's dinner meeting.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:08 PM
FLS2K
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 77 Posts

I'll be at the track tomorrow. I looked for corral tics ages ago, but couldn't find any info. Perhaps they were already sold out. Oh well, I'll park with the riff-raff.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:32 AM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Voodoo2
Please Help!!!!

All dressed up for the Rolex with no corral tickets to get on the parade lap.

Any assistance or leads on tickets for sale are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
What a pretty ride, sorry nothing worked out for this year.

Quick Reply: Who is going to the Daytona Rolex Corvette Corral this year?