Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Daytona track event Apr 14-15 on the Rolex24 roadcourse

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 01:44 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Default Daytona track event Apr 14-15 on the Rolex24 roadcourse

If you want to run the Rolex 24 roadcourse at Daytona Int'l Speedway, here's a link to a thread in the AutoX/Roadracing section of the forum with info about this Apr 14-15 event:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...l-14-15-a.html

In the past they have opened the event to novice drivers, but are having a meeting in about a week to determine if they will allow drivers with no track experience this year. I'll report when they let me know.

They do allow convertibles!!

C'ya at the track!!

Edited: Just received info from Flat Out that:

"We are going to allow students again this year. Non solo qualified drivers will need an instructor and be required to pay additional the instructor fee of $150."

So....novice drivers with no or little track experience will be allowed to run the event with an instructor assigned to coach them.

Last edited by BEZ06; 01-27-2016 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:34 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Hey Bob, Ill be in JAX soon and checking out track events, please keep us updated, this sounds like a blast
Old 01-27-2016, 09:03 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I Just edited the original post because I heard from Flat Out that:

"We are going to allow students again this year. Non solo qualified drivers will need an instructor and be required to pay additional the instructor fee of $150."

So...even if you are a novice track driver, you can run this event!!
Old 02-02-2016, 11:13 AM
Zoldier
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn it. Had to be on work days.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:44 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Zoldier
Damn it. Had to be on work days.
Well...if you can't make the April event, maybe you can come run the Oct and/or Dec events!!

Here's a link to forum member Henry Gilbert's Performance Driving Group that is running an HPDE Sep 30-Oct 2. That's Fri, Sat, and Sun - and you can run 1, 2, or all 3 days. So...if you can't make a weekday, run Sat and/or Sun! On the PDG site click on the "Events" tab and you'll see several Daytonas down toward the bottom for the various days you want to run:

http://performancedrivinggroup.com/

Or, come to Daytona Dec 9-11 (same deal - Fri/Sat/Sun, and you can run any or all of the days). The event is co-sponsored by Hooked-On-Driving and an Audi club from Ohio. Here's a link to the Audi club's site - scroll down to the bottom to see info about the Daytona event. You'll see that you can register at http://motorsportreg.com or there's also a link to register through the club if you click on the "2016 Daytona Application Form" link:

http://www.audiclubohiovalley.org/

Old 02-03-2016, 07:48 AM
Zoldier
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Well...if you can't make the April event, maybe you can come run the Oct and/or Dec events!!

Here's a link to forum member Henry Gilbert's Performance Driving Group that is running an HPDE Sep 30-Oct 2. That's Fri, Sat, and Sun - and you can run 1, 2, or all 3 days. So...if you can't make a weekday, run Sat and/or Sun! On the PDG site click on the "Events" tab and you'll see several Daytonas down toward the bottom for the various days you want to run:

http://performancedrivinggroup.com/

Or, come to Daytona Dec 9-11 (same deal - Fri/Sat/Sun, and you can run any or all of the days). The event is co-sponsored by Hooked-On-Driving and an Audi club from Ohio. Here's a link to the Audi club's site - scroll down to the bottom to see info about the Daytona event. You'll see that you can register at http://motorsportreg.com or there's also a link to register through the club if you click on the "2016 Daytona Application Form" link:

http://www.audiclubohiovalley.org/

Thanks for the links. I'm going to put them on my calendar and plan to attend. December looks like a better possibility as long as nothing comes up at work.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:29 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Only 6 weeks until the Apr 14-15 event. I think it's filling up, so register early if you can make the Apr 14-15 event!!

Last edited by BEZ06; 03-04-2016 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:55 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Only 6 weeks until the Apr 14-15 event. I think it's filling up, so register early if you can make the Apr 14-15 event!!

Thanks for your updates Bob, back and trying to catch up on things, still hoping to make this if I can get a car here
Old 03-20-2016, 07:53 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I just got the email reminder below that tomorrow is the last day to register for the reduced price!!
________________________________________ _________________
Register by 3/21 to SAVE on Daytona Registration!

Hello Drivers,

Registration for our event at Daytona International Speedway in full swing. We have the full Rolex course and the event is on April 14th-15th. Participants will receive FIVE 30 min. sessions per day. Registration and more details are available on www.clubregistration.net. Please register ASAP as tomorrow (3/21) is the LAST DAY at the lower price. You must be registered AND paid to receive the lower pricing.

Remember, this is a charity event and ALL registration funds are going DIRECTLY to charity. We suggest giving your registration receipt to your local tax professional.

If anyone has questions please feel free to contact us at flatoutmotorsport@gmail.com or find us on Facebook.

For more information on the rest of the Celebration Exotic Car Festival please visit www.celebrationexoticcars.com

Get notified of new replies

To Daytona track event Apr 14-15 on the Rolex24 roadcourse

Quick Reply: Daytona track event Apr 14-15 on the Rolex24 roadcourse