Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Beware of speeding in NC

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 05:44 PM
tmatthews
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Beware of speeding in NC

Just started a new thread in the off topic section. Got a speeding ticket today for 3 MPH over the posted limit. New speeding campaign going on in NC. Officer told me you can get a ticket for even 1 MPH over the limit.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:30 PM
65Vett04
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default NC anti-speeding campaign

Originally Posted by tmatthews
Just started a new thread in the off topic section. Got a speeding ticket today for 3 MPH over the posted limit. New speeding campaign going on in NC. Officer told me you can get a ticket for even 1 MPH over the limit.
According to this news article (http://wlos.com/news/local/anti-spee...ers-03-24-2016), the campaign ends on April 3 and is intended to discourage speeding during spring break and the Easter holiday weekend.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:34 AM
360Lemans
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by tmatthews
WHAT!!!! 3 miles over limit?? It took me one visit to the Winston city court house for a speeding ticket on Peters Creek ramp to I40, 10 miles over limit. I learned after 23 years of service protecting freedom we have no rights at all!!! What a racket it was, haven't had a speeding are any violation at all for 21 years and they could car less, was treated like a criminal in court.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:38 AM
360Lemans
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by 65Vett04
According to this news article (http://wlos.com/news/local/anti-spee...ers-03-24-2016), the campaign ends on April 3 and is intended to discourage speeding during spring break and the Easter holiday weekend.
The collection campaign ends April 3

Feel good about your ticket after all it's for your safety
Old 04-07-2016, 06:39 AM
SharkbyteLT4
Le Mans Master

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

I noticed the first couple of days of the campaign everybody was driving a lot slower. By Easter Sunday, business as usual as everybody was flying like nobody's business.

My biggest gripe about this campaign was if you are gonna catch speeders, spread out your resources and get them everywhere. What they were doing was wolfpacking at spots and catching them like fish in a barrel
Old 04-07-2016, 11:32 PM
TheTinMan
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Few years ago I got a pretty hefty speeding ticket entering the Dragon from the Asheville side. Being that I got the ticket while I was home on leave from the army and couldn't attend court it ended up being dropped and I got a letter in the mail banning me from the state of NC for one year lol. Be careful how you speed up that way.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:07 PM
Chevy Performance
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 44 Posts

Sounds like there's some incompetence at the top, what a waste of tax money. Much more important things to control than driving a few miles per hour over. All these tailgaters that cause accidents would be a good start.
The following 2 users liked this post by Chevy Performance:
Boiler_81 (04-24-2016), Studying4boards (04-19-2016)
Old 04-19-2016, 02:34 PM
Studying4boards
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Performance
Sounds like there's some incompetence at the top, what a waste of tax money. Much more important things to control than driving a few miles per hour over. All these tailgaters that cause accidents would be a good start.
Incompetent. Police in NC are useless.
Few months ago I was rear ended about 2 miles away from the police station. Took them 30 minutes to get there..!

Found a snake in our medical office on a Sunday, in the lobby. Called 911 to get somebody over there and they told me that they couldn't get there on a Sunday and to call back Monday and someone from animal control could help then. Told them that this is a medical clinic and people will be coming in on Monday morning and if anyone gets bit, then the police department would be responsible and that this call is being recorded. A police officer came after 30 minutes to get the snake........

Get notified of new replies

To Beware of speeding in NC

Quick Reply: Beware of speeding in NC