Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Any reputable tire shop in Charlotte, NC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 01:50 PM
AceG
Burning Brakes

Received 412 Likes on 206 Posts
Default Any reputable tire shop in Charlotte, NC?

I just bought some new rims and would like them to take the tires off my old rims and mount them on the new rims and then on the car. Need sensors installed and balancing too. Anyone know a place? Preferably some1 that has done this
Old 05-24-2016, 04:41 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

I'm close in Concord. I used my local Discount Tire store to install my aftermarket rims after many here said they have had great service from their local store. I was completely satisfied with their work. They were very careful with the car when jacking it up, and extremely careful with the old and new rims. The price was reasonable also.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:41 PM
jaki30
Melting Slicks

Received 517 Likes on 303 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Wish we had a Discount Tire here in Williamsburg!
Old 05-25-2016, 07:30 AM
bonecrrusher
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Discount Tire in Denver is the best in the area....
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (05-25-2016)
Old 06-07-2016, 10:27 AM
Racer86
Safety Car

Received 376 Likes on 180 Posts

Just shake my head about how good our local Discount Tire shop is. Watched them balance a set of tires for me. One guy posted as a watch as car was driver into the shop. One guy on each side of car, as it was driven on the low lift. Car lifted barely off the ground, tires removed and rolled to balance machine. Tech cleaned the barrels before sticking the weights on,
Wheel studs were cleaned with a brass bush on a battery drill. Lug nut spun on with gun at low setting. Car lowered onto the ground and all lug nuts torqued by hand with proper sequence, rechecked by the other guy.
Without rocking the car back and forward, like others do and just show how much torque it takes to move the car and not torque the lug nuts correctly. Amazing,,all for $46
It's off exit 60 highway 85

Last edited by Racer86; 06-07-2016 at 10:32 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (06-07-2016)
Old 06-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer86
Just shake my head about how good our local Discount Tire shop is. Watched them balance a set of tires for me. One guy posted as a watch as car was driver into the shop. One guy on each side of car, as it was driven on the low lift. Car lifted barely off the ground, tires removed and rolled to balance machine. Tech cleaned the barrels before sticking the weights on,
Wheel studs were cleaned with a brass bush on a battery drill. Lug nut spun on with gun at low setting. Car lowered onto the ground and all lug nuts torqued by hand with proper sequence, rechecked by the other guy.
Without rocking the car back and forward, like others do and just show how much torque it takes to move the car and not torque the lug nuts correctly. Amazing,,all for $46
It's off exit 60 highway 85
I watched them put the aftermarket wheels on my C7 the same way. And the guy also told to come back in 100 miles, and they would re-torque the the lug nuts. I stopped by, and even though they were busy the manager went right out and took care of it for me. Pretty impressed.

Get notified of new replies

To Any reputable tire shop in Charlotte, NC?

Quick Reply: Any reputable tire shop in Charlotte, NC?