Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Charlotte/Concord, NC-Need Body Shop for Damaged Rockerpanels

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 12:37 AM
BEAR 55
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charlotte/Concord, NC-Need Body Shop for Damaged Rockerpanels

Got my oil changed last week and they cracked both rockerpanels on the bottom. They have agreed to pay for it. I need to find a good body shop and get an estimate to them asap. Thanks for any advice. Anyone know how they jack and support the car while they do the repairs??
Old 07-27-2016, 08:41 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Where did you go to get oil changed? There are jacking points on the frame away from rockers with notches for pucks (if you use them).
Old 07-28-2016, 11:34 PM
BEAR 55
Instructor

Originally Posted by LFZ
Where did you go to get oil changed? There are jacking points on the frame away from rockers with notches for pucks (if you use them).
So there are jacking points with slots for pucks other than the ones in the rockers? I don't think I've heard that before. Where are they? Got any ideas about a body shop?
Old 07-28-2016, 11:51 PM
BEAR 55
Instructor

Default Still looking for advice

Well I have gotten 2 estimates. One shops repair labor was 2 times more than the other one, the paint labor was the same on both estimates. The cheaper repair shop said they grind out the cracks and repair them with a 2 part epoxy then a sandable filler to smooth them out. The more expensive repair said they grind open the cracks and pin them some way, then 3 layers of a 3M epoxy with a mesh (fiberglass like?) after each layer. This shop's estimator could not explain the repair but had a tech call me. I am going back there on Friday to talk to the tech in person and let him look at the damage. Anybody out there got any advice?
Old 07-29-2016, 08:49 PM
TLGunman
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its in Lincolnton, but Auto Body Solutions did great work on my hail damage. Roger, the owner is a car guy too, so he gets it, when you bring in your pride and joy.

http://absfranchise.com/
Old 08-02-2016, 07:20 PM
frsr06
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 132 Posts

I just had some work done by Collision Specialties in Indian Trail. On the east side of Hwy 74 about a mile outside of 485 near Matthews. They did a great job on my rear bumper (a Yukon backed into me) and installing a new from spoiler. You can call Mark or Brian at 704-882-1150.

Feel free to PM me if you need any more info on these guys - they were great to deal with and do really good work. Mark is also a Vette guy.

Get notified of new replies

To Charlotte/Concord, NC-Need Body Shop for Damaged Rockerpanels

Quick Reply: Charlotte/Concord, NC-Need Body Shop for Damaged Rockerpanels