Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Help deciding between Mayhem and RPM in Raleigh Area

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 12:03 PM
Bigwebb
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Help deciding between Mayhem and RPM in Raleigh Area

hi everyone. New to the forum and the Corvette world. Just picked up a C6 LS3 and looking for a little help picking a shop. This is not my first go round with a modified car and a forum, so I have searched, and I have found some great information and reviews on both of these shops. Looks like they both have a good reputation and put out great cars.

My plans are LT Headers and exhaust and tune to start out. Cam and heads in a year or so. No FI for this one ( I don't THINK).

Just wondering if anyone has experience with both of these shops (or possibly another alternative in a 100 mile radius) and could maybe help me off the fence. FWIW mayhem is about 15 minutes up the road and RPM is about 40 minutes away. Both are very accessible.

Reliability, price, turn around time, and driveability are the most important things to me. Peak horsepower is great, but those who know, know that this is just a small part of what makes a great setup.

Thanks in advance for any advice, and I look forward to maybe meeting a few of you local guys here soon!
Old 08-17-2016, 12:26 PM
Bigwebb
Drifting

mods, should this be moved to c6 scan/tune?
Old 08-17-2016, 10:46 PM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

I'd recommend going and talking to both shops - personally I use Mayhem, but I know guys who use RPM and are pleased as well.

Started off with Mayhem with those same mods + a shifter then went SC a few years back with them and running great since...They also build some badass cars over there...
The following users liked this post:
Bigwebb (08-18-2016)
Old 08-20-2016, 05:41 PM
SharkbyteLT4
Le Mans Master

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

RPM hands down
Old 03-14-2018, 08:21 PM
czarredd
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigwebb
hi everyone. New to the forum and the Corvette world. Just picked up a C6 LS3 and looking for a little help picking a shop. This is not my first go round with a modified car and a forum, so I have searched, and I have found some great information and reviews on both of these shops. Looks like they both have a good reputation and put out great cars.

My plans are LT Headers and exhaust and tune to start out. Cam and heads in a year or so. No FI for this one ( I don't THINK).

Just wondering if anyone has experience with both of these shops (or possibly another alternative in a 100 mile radius) and could maybe help me off the fence. FWIW mayhem is about 15 minutes up the road and RPM is about 40 minutes away. Both are very accessible.

Reliability, price, turn around time, and driveability are the most important things to me. Peak horsepower is great, but those who know, know that this is just a small part of what makes a great setup.

Thanks in advance for any advice, and I look forward to maybe meeting a few of you local guys here soon!
Which shop did you decide on? I'm trying to make the decision between these 2 shops now.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:02 PM
got2hav1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,041 Likes on 592 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods)

Originally Posted by SharkbyteLT4
RPM hands down
Yep! My buddy and I went to both shops. We both reached the same conclusion . RPM for both of us.

Both were cordial and knowledgeable but the RPM shop looked well kept. Each seem to have a lot of business.

Last edited by got2hav1; 03-14-2018 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:06 PM
czarredd
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by got2hav1
Yep! My buddy and I went to both shops. We both reached the same conclusion . RPM for both of us.

Both were cordial and knowledgeable but the RPM shop looked well kept. Both have lots of business though. Really should visit both.
Thanks! I did visit both shops and I've heard good reviews for each. I agree, RPM was the better kept shop but still just undecided.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:19 PM
Bigwebb
Drifting

Mayhem tuned the car and I was very pleased with the results. I did realize much later that they kept my factory air intake (i had them swap it for a haltech before the tune). Although not ultra valuable, it's worth a few bucks, and I feel like they should've given it back without me having to ask.

Get notified of new replies

To Help deciding between Mayhem and RPM in Raleigh Area

Quick Reply: Help deciding between Mayhem and RPM in Raleigh Area