Bradenton/Sarasota area - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion


Southeast
Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Bradenton/Sarasota area

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2017, 12:51 PM   #1
pca911rs
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
pca911rs's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Parrish Florida
Posts: 20
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Bradenton/Sarasota area

Just got my first Corvette wondering if there are any shows or meet ups going on in the area in the next few months.
pca911rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:06 AM   #2
MSG C5
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
MSG C5's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,804
Thanked 225 Times in 183 Posts
Default

Corvettes in Venice show in March and Corvettes On The Circle in St. Armand's in May are two upcoming shows.
MSG C5 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MSG C5 For This Useful Post:
pca911rs (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 02:32 PM   #3
TomWoodgeard
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '12
 
TomWoodgeard's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2006
Location: Sarasota Florida
Posts: 151
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Here's a link to the Venice Corvette Show:

http://www.venicefloridacorvettes.co...formation.html
TomWoodgeard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TomWoodgeard For This Useful Post:
pca911rs (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 03:31 PM   #4
Richard Ames
CF Senior Member
 
Richard Ames's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,131
Thanked 71 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Sebring Race Corvette Corrall will have up to 200 Corvettes

https://www.sebringraceway.com/

Just Checked and it is sold out a few days ago.

Last edited by Richard Ames; 02-17-2017 at 03:32 PM.
Richard Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:12 PM   #5
pca911rs
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
pca911rs's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Parrish Florida
Posts: 20
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Ames View Post
Sebring Race Corvette Corrall will have up to 200 Corvettes

https://www.sebringraceway.com/

Just Checked and it is sold out a few days ago.
Still might have to go and try to check it out Sebring isn't too far from here.
pca911rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:02 AM   #6
Sabre34
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
 
Sabre34's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: Parrish FL
Posts: 13,338

Thanked 34 Times in 34 Posts
Default

These aren't Corvette only shows but are still interesting:

Sarasota Cars and Coffee
Second Saturday of each month
Suncoast Motorsports
5005 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34231
8:00am-10:00am

2nd SUNDAY of the month SHAKE STATION
11 AM TO 2 PM
4219 U S HWY 301 (I-75 EXIT 224)
1 mile south on HWY 301 Ellenton (The folks that run this show publish a monthly calendar of local car cruises. Once you are on their mailing list you will receive monthly updates on local (Sarasota-Bradenton) shows and cruises.

First Wednesday of the month there is a cruise in at Lakewood Ranch downtown from 5-9.

Gamble Plantation Car & Truck Show
Start: February 25, 2017 10:00 am-3:00 pm
Gamble Plantation Historic State Park
3708 Patten Ave, Ellenton, FL 34222

These are just a few, there are many more.

Last edited by Sabre34; 02-19-2017 at 10:45 AM.
Sabre34 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sabre34 For This Useful Post:
pca911rs (02-20-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 09:04 AM   #7
pca911rs
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
pca911rs's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Parrish Florida
Posts: 20
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre34 View Post
These aren't Corvette only shows but are still interesting:

Sarasota Cars and Coffee
Second Saturday of each month
Suncoast Motorsports
5005 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34231
8:00am-10:00am

2nd SUNDAY of the month SHAKE STATION
11 AM TO 2 PM
4219 U S HWY 301 (I-75 EXIT 224)
1 mile south on HWY 301 Ellenton (The folks that run this show publish a monthly calendar of local car cruises. Once you are on their mailing list you will receive monthly updates on local (Sarasota-Bradenton) shows and cruises.

First Wednesday of the month there is a cruise in at Lakewood Ranch downtown from 5-9.

Gamble Plantation Car & Truck Show
Start: February 25, 2017 10:00 am-3:00 pm
Gamble Plantation Historic State Park
3708 Patten Ave, Ellenton, FL 34222

These are just a few, there are many more.
I appreciate it I'll have to stop by at the shake station for the next one to get a calendar it's only 5 min down the road from my house.
pca911rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:37 AM   #8
Richard Ames
CF Senior Member
 
Richard Ames's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,131
Thanked 71 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Just got my Corvette aligned by Brian Jorgerson and they have a club called Thunder Road Classics that meets on Friday's for lunch. Lot of cool car guys and gals that have a unique blend of classic, exotic and hot rods. It is a North side of 70 off 301 address. He is an alignment Geru and calls you under ther car to explain what steering does. Has around 20 cool cars on "display" at all times.

They also have a guitar signed by Brian Johnson of ACDC who has a home in Sarasota .

Last edited by Richard Ames; 02-21-2017 at 12:42 AM.
Richard Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Richard Ames For This Useful Post:
pca911rs (02-21-2017)
Old 02-21-2017, 07:46 PM   #9
Sabre34
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
 
Sabre34's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: Parrish FL
Posts: 13,338

Thanked 34 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Ames View Post
Just got my Corvette aligned by Brian Jorgerson and they have a club called Thunder Road Classics that meets on Friday's for lunch. Lot of cool car guys and gals that have a unique blend of classic, exotic and hot rods. It is a North side of 70 off 301 address. He is an alignment Geru and calls you under ther car to explain what steering does. Has around 20 cool cars on "display" at all times.

They also have a guitar signed by Brian Johnson of ACDC who has a home in Sarasota .
Brian is a great guy. He has aligned both my Corvette and DD.
Sabre34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:20 PM   #10
pca911rs
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
pca911rs's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Parrish Florida
Posts: 20
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre34 View Post
Brian is a great guy. He has aligned both my Corvette and DD.
Where is his shop I'm pretty sure mine is in need of an alignment and I'd much rather give an independent shop the money than a dealer.
pca911rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:56 AM   #11
Sabre34
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
 
Sabre34's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: Parrish FL
Posts: 13,338

Thanked 34 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre34 View Post
Brian is a great guy. He has aligned both my Corvette and DD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pca911rs View Post
Where is his shop I'm pretty sure mine is in need of an alignment and I'd much rather give an independent shop the money than a dealer.
Here you go.

Brian Jorgensen
Thunder Road Classics
2311 Whitfield Industrial Way
Sarasota FL
941-720-1229

At one time he was a member and supporting vendor here, I don't know if he still is or not.

He has picture of my C6 on his wall along with many others.

Last edited by Sabre34; 02-23-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Sabre34 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sabre34 For This Useful Post:
pca911rs (02-23-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 03:07 PM   #12
Richard Ames
CF Senior Member
 
Richard Ames's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,131
Thanked 71 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre34 View Post
Here you go.

Brian Jorgensen
Thunder Road Classics
2311 Whitfield Industrial Way
Sarasota FL
941-720-1229

At one time he was a member and supporting vendor here, I don't know if he still is or not.

He has picture of my C6 on his wall along with many others.

The trip is worth it go to
the Fiickr account for a preview of what kind of cars are there. If you join the Thunder Road Classics Facebook page he posts pictures of the cars he aligns which includes classic, sport and classic cars.

Last edited by Richard Ames; 02-23-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Richard Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Richard Ames For This Useful Post:
ronkh57 (02-23-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 05:27 PM   #13
ronkh57
CF Senior Member
 
ronkh57's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Posts: 950
Thanked 167 Times in 155 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pca911rs View Post
Where is his shop I'm pretty sure mine is in need of an alignment and I'd much rather give an independent shop the money than a dealer.
He'll do a better job as well.

The guy is incredible, and cares!
ronkh57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM   #14
TomWoodgeard
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '12
 
TomWoodgeard's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2006
Location: Sarasota Florida
Posts: 151
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Actually, it is SOUTH of St. Rt 70. It's in a industrial park off of Whitfield Ave in south Bradenton. (Mailing address is Sarasota)
TomWoodgeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Bradenton/Sarasota area
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Tuners in the Boston area? tgucc C5 General 3 05-31-2014 11:36 PM
    Anyone in Houston,TX area? -WhItE_NoIsE- C4 General Discussion 26 03-11-2014 01:46 AM
    Tuners in Corpus Area? ripptide56 Southwest 7 10-07-2011 06:57 PM
    Birdcage Repair in the Portland OR area? Keith M. C3 General 4 07-14-2005 05:58 PM
    Corvette mechanics - Raleigh NC area Fla96LT4 C4 General Discussion 0 06-03-2002 02:02 AM


    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 PM.


     
    • Ask a Question
      Get answers from community experts
    What's your question?
    Send