Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Corvette Expo

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 07:57 AM
Cobra_4
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Corvette Expo

Anyone going? Usually a thread by now? I'll be there both days as usual!
Old 03-16-2017, 10:37 PM
Mark H
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

Hope to make it Saturday, if the rain gets out of here in the early AM.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:38 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,504 Likes on 3,589 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Cobra_4
Anyone going? Usually a thread by now? I'll be there both days as usual!
I know you will be taking some great pictures, don't forget to post!
Old 03-17-2017, 09:17 AM
Atomic6
Pro

Received 237 Likes on 126 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ette-expo.html

^^ A little activity anyway. I'll be passing due to weather concerns.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:54 AM
vettpapaw
Melting Slicks

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by NC96CE
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ette-expo.html

^^ A little activity anyway. I'll be passing due to weather concerns.
Too cool and rain
Old 03-17-2017, 04:48 PM
HemiRT
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't bother wasting your time or money at the Expo. It was an appalling turn out for vendors. Maybe 5 in all. No one was selling anything worth buying. Unless you wanted to look thru the floor of wrecked vette parts. They put a bunch of cars inside to make it look full. Lots and lots of empty floor space. Exceptionally poor corvette expo. Those who put it on should be embarrassed. My wife and I were truly upset at the turnout. Lots of money to spend and no one had squat to buy. Sad. Floor was half full of crafts and ****. Who cares about that!! My wife didn't go there to buy a purse, she wanted corvette stuff. Since when can you go to a so called corvette expo and not even get a set of rugs for the car. Not even a sticker or an emblem was available. Stay at home, don't waste the time or effort to come to this. Really **** poor. Will never attend another one. Wast even a decent t shirt to buy. Go at you own risk.
The following users liked this post:
vettpapaw (03-17-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 10:30 AM
Atomic6
Pro

Received 237 Likes on 126 Posts

^^^ That's too bad to hear that. Maybe today, Saturday, will be better?? I stayed home this year due to the rain but last year, on a Saturday, the place was pretty full. The only bad part was the auction where there was no serious money at all.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:10 AM
Mark H
Racer

Going to head over in a bit. Will post up my thoughts later on today.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:21 PM
Mark H
Racer

Originally Posted by HemiRT
Don't bother wasting your time or money at the Expo. It was an appalling turn out for vendors. Maybe 5 in all. No one was selling anything worth buying. Unless you wanted to look thru the floor of wrecked vette parts. They put a bunch of cars inside to make it look full. Lots and lots of empty floor space. Exceptionally poor corvette expo. Those who put it on should be embarrassed. My wife and I were truly upset at the turnout. Lots of money to spend and no one had squat to buy. Sad. Floor was half full of crafts and ****. Who cares about that!! My wife didn't go there to buy a purse, she wanted corvette stuff. Since when can you go to a so called corvette expo and not even get a set of rugs for the car. Not even a sticker or an emblem was available. Stay at home, don't waste the time or effort to come to this. Really **** poor. Will never attend another one. Wast even a decent t shirt to buy. Go at you own risk.
Although I did enjoy walking around the parking lot checking out everyone else car.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:36 AM
DA1984VETTE
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 57 Posts

...I was disappointed as well. There were at least 4-5 vendors that have been there before, that wasn't there this time. I did get an event shirt and couple of other things, but other than that was very disappointed. Makes me want to think about going next year...
Old 03-19-2017, 09:13 PM
z06scentair
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

My understanding is that alot of the vendors that did not show this year, was a direct result of the NE snowstorm that hit earlier in the week. The group that puts on the show has no control over what mother nature does.

There are very few corvette shows that draw the crowd this event does. I enjoy going and talking to other owners/enthusiasts who share the same passion. Short of Carlisle PA, this is the largest Corvette show in the SE that I'm aware of.

I had a great time, and enjoy just being able to get away from time to time. The weather was terrible Friday, and by the time it cleared up on Saturday the show was over. I'll be back in the Fall and every time they have the show.

Last edited by z06scentair; 03-19-2017 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:10 PM
J Vette
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by z06scentair
My understanding is that alot of the vendors that did not show this year, was a direct result of the NE snowstorm that hit earlier in the week. The group that puts on the show has no control over what mother nature does.

There are very few corvette shows that draw the crowd this event does. I enjoy going and talking to other owners/enthusiasts who share the same passion. Short of Carlisle PA, this is the largest Corvette show in the SE that I'm aware of.

I had a great time, and enjoy just being able to get away from time to time. The weather was terrible Friday, and by the time it cleared up on Saturday the show was over. I'll be back in the Fall and every time they have the show.
Our Club VOTS was the featured club this year. It was nice to have our cars inside. I appreciate the camaraderie and meeting new people. But I have always questioned the wisdom of having a car show outside in the Smoky Mountains in the middle of March. Rarely is the temp over 55 degrees. And the outside area acts as a wind tunnel with a steady 15 mph wind going. I've been told that there have been years when it snowed the whole event. The timing doesn't seem wise to me. But I'm just a guy with a Corvette.
My 1st Expo was about 4-5 yrs ago. I wasn't impressed with the lack of vendors then. The ones there had catalogs to order from. They had no inventory at all. I can order stuff from home. My wife purchased some jewelry this year. There was a vendor with car car products. I meant to try his detail spray. But forgot to do so. Oh well. I've got tones of detail supplies now.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:04 AM
napoleonvette
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We LOVE CORVETTE EXPO! My husband and I enjoy the camaraderie and all the Corvette Enthusiast. We have met so many good folks over the years. We also enjoyed Corvette Expo when in Knoxville, Tn. at the Jacobs Building. The event went from Thursday - Sunday. This was before internet shopping got so avid.

People YOUR forgetting ......everyone wants to shop the internet for a NICKLE CHEAPER. With that said....HOW can a vendor set up and come out ahead?????? You've done this yourself.

We support CORVETTE EXPO! Shame on all the negative writing.

Weather?????? There will always be a SPRING AND FALL........Mother Nature is in control.

Hats off to Cooper Events. You have our support!
Old 03-22-2017, 03:09 PM
Lowfiero
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default First time

This was my first time going. The weather Friday did suck. The cruise could have been better. Got all stung out. But being my first one I still liked it.
there were no venders. I would have liked more there.
All the Vettes saturday were great and everyone I chatted with were great people.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:44 PM
chevyman_ky
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

my wife and I was there Friday went on the drive, rained most of it. hard to keep that large a group together with all the stop signs. good ride till I almost got t-boned towards the end of drive. any ideal of how many cars went on drive?
Old 03-23-2017, 12:40 AM
Lowfiero
Advanced

i dont know how many went sorry but would like to know also
Old 03-23-2017, 01:10 AM
Lowfiero
Advanced

jsut a couple of panoramas i put together from Saturday when i got to the Expo
Old 03-23-2017, 07:58 AM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Received 716 Likes on 472 Posts

The wife and I drove up Friday evening and went Saturday to the Expo. This was my first time going and may be the last time. we enjoy the camaraderie and all the Corvette Enthusiast, however there were Very few vendors there and it just seemed very small, if that makes any since.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Expo

Quick Reply: Corvette Expo