Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

(NC) Will Muffler Eliminators pass our (laugh) strict NC inspection ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 04:52 PM
BrianandDenise
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (NC) Will Muffler Eliminators pass our (laugh) strict NC inspection ??

Sorry to make a thread about this but need to know. I want to do this to my C4 purely for "sound quality" Will this legally pass NC inspection? I can do it other ways but I need a legal Vette!

And if anyone knows of a Triad area (GSO,HP,W-S) exhaust shop (no ricers) that they respect please let me know.

Many thanks !!

Staring out my office window at I-40 construction.
Old 11-04-2002, 09:19 PM
Red95
Instructor

Default Re: (NC) Will Muffler Eliminators pass our (laugh) strict NC inspection ?? (BrianandDenise)

I just did this to my C4. Great sound if you like it loud :eek:

NO, you can not pass the inspection without a muffler, in your case two mufflers.

Here is what I did. I used Henry's Muffler shop on Capital Blvd in Raleigh.
He cut off my dynomax mufflers and put a flange(sp) on both the exhaust pipe and the muffler elimiator. This will allow me to un-bolt the muffler eliminators and bolt up the mufflers when it is time for the inspection. Henry also custom made my muffler elimintors with twin chrome tips. All for less than $200. It was a great deal and great work. Took about an hour. The hardest part was making the gasget for between the flanges.

I love mine :cool:

I will be at the corrvette club meeting tomorrow night (Tues) if you want to hear them. The meeting is at Ryan's Steakhouse in Crossroads shopping center, Cary, from 7:00 to 9:00.

:seeya
Old 11-04-2002, 10:44 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Re: (NC) Will Muffler Eliminators pass our (laugh) strict NC inspection ?? (BrianandDenise)

I have them on my car and have no problem passing inspection. I live in the Statesville area.

Old 11-05-2002, 09:15 AM
BrianandDenise
Burning Brakes

I think that's going to work. I like the idea of being able to rebolt the muffler and have it tone for inspection and then switch it and let it roar.

I think that statesville is in a county that has no emissions still, Forsyth does and like Yadkinville doesn't. Anyway I may drive the car down to Raliegh and have the $200 special done. That has to sound awesome. I am voting tonight, otherwise I would bolt on down there. Thanks !!

Get notified of new replies

To (NC) Will Muffler Eliminators pass our (laugh) strict NC inspection ??

Quick Reply: (NC) Will Muffler Eliminators pass our (laugh) strict NC inspection ??