Southern California Southern California

Aerial Video and Pics of your Track Day or Race Event ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 05:19 PM
patrick21x
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerial Video and Pics of your Track Day or Race Event ?

Hey Guys

This is just to gain some reference and input from fellow forum members. I am curious to see, If any of you guys would be interested in having Aerial Videos and photos taken of you while on the track. If so, Is it something you would like to see as an added feature from the group that is sponsoring the event? Or would you be more interested in having time set aside to film and shoot just yourself?

I own a Business that Designs and manufactures UAV's and Radio controlled helicopters. We also have an Aerial Photo and Video department. We have done stock car races, motocross, boat races and Off-road events to name a few. Recently we did some stuff for Sony Pictures filming Vanna White in Hawaii for the wheel of fortune special episode.

I can imagine a bunch of guys would love to have pics and video of them racing around the track. As would I Or maby it would be cool to see Event sponsers throwing up video and footage free for its partisipants.

I Currenty run a C6 Z06 and was thinking bout bringing my Aerial Footage Business, over into my hobby of track events. If it turns out that people are intristed then I will look into it further and try to do some events for you guys.

I will probably be bringing my Z06 to the Sep 25 event, If there is some responce I may bring one of my Sky Cam set ups to Button willow.

Hopefully this isn't wrong to post here. I am just wanting to see if others think it would be cool to have some sweet pics and video while on the track.

Here are a couple pics while shooting Vanna White for Sony Pictures, and some of the Actual Camera ship.

Also Here is is a quick low res clip with aerial footage of an off road group's trip

UPDATE Sep 16

I have gotten a few messages, and seems that there is diffidently some interest. I have heard from Dave Lach at speed ventures that there would be some approvals to obtain. Both from them (not a problem) and also from the track. There would probably be a vendor fee for due to both also. I do not have enough time to get everything properly prepared, and approved before next weekend.

SO, What I will end up doing is coming to a future event. I will then do some filming and shooting for free. Pics are easy to take and deliver. But I want to also provide some fully edited videos of cars running the track. I can just imagine some sick videos of cars coming out of the turns with the rear end sunk down turning and burning. I already know there will be some great footage, and my video editor is great (see examples of videos all edited by him at http://www.ianruhter.com/) . I will bring my own car, and also pick a couple others there to participate in the shoot. I'll Have my Heli Pilot and camera man do the work while We go do some sweet driving on the track. I will then get the pics and edited videos up on web for everyone to view.

After that, and after providing some results to the sponsors and participants. I will then see what actual pricing would be. Most of the jobs we currently do are big gigs for movie and commercial production. Having $10000 of Heli and gear flying around filming, with pro photographers and video editors can be pricey. It will mostly come down to how many are truly interested. I know it will come down to cost for most, so all that will be taken into. I will just have to see what the cost and benefit analysis comes out to, and see how low I can get the pricing for everyone. Doing one big shoot for free should give me enough info to get it all fairly priced. Until then I am not sure what the cost would be, I do know it won't be real cheap, hehehe. That is only because of the cost and risk to the equipment, but that equipment is needed to get the sickest shots ever It may just come down to who wants to have the sweetest video of themselves on Face book, and who wants to pay a pretty dollar for it LOL. All kidding aside though. I will try to get it as affordable as possible for the average tracking hobbyist.

As for my ride, I need to properly prep my car. Just put new Nitto's on yesterday , and just ordered up some Centric slotted brake rotors that arrive next Fri. I will not have time to make this event but will be working on attending the next one (sorry) . I also have to plan to get my photographer and pilot out to do the shoot.

So basically I will be doing a demo for all of you guys that are interested, along with the guys over at speed ventures. Then if it works out and is a win-win situation for us all, I will continue to do events for everyone. Either way it goes I look forward to getting out and getting some footage, and getting some laps in on my Z. Thanks for the posts everyone, and keep them coming if you would like to see this at your next event. I'll let you all know how things progress,,,,,,,,,

http://s672.photobucket.com/albums/v...andMudding.mp4

PM me with any questions. Thanks, Patrick

Last edited by patrick21x; 09-17-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Richor
CF Lifetime Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That looks pretty sweet. Nice concept. I am sure people may be interested for the right price. Average picture cost alone at the track with the companies that offer that are approx $75 for a days worth of pics ( 15-30 pics).

Look forward to meeting ya on the 25th.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:58 PM
MJM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pictures would be cool.

What would be even cooler would be a video following a car around at low level for a lap.

Or maybe a low level side video of a car approaching, cresting, and descending magic mountain.

I volunteer my car as a guinea pig.

Matt
Old 09-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Richor
That looks pretty sweet. Nice concept. I am sure people may be interested for the right price. Average picture cost alone at the track with the companies that offer that are approx $75 for a days worth of pics ( 15-30 pics).

Look forward to meeting ya on the 25th.
Your not even signed up yet !!!!

DH
Old 09-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by patrick21x
Hey Guys

This is just to gain some reference and input from fellow forum members. I am curious to see, If any of you guys would be interested in having Aerial Videos and photos taken of you while on the track. If so, Is it something you would like to see as an added feature from the group that is sponsoring the event? Or would you be more interested in having time set aside to film and shoot just yourself?
You should email Aaron at Speed Ventures

DH
Old 09-17-2010, 07:06 AM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

I like the idea - wonder the cost?

Thanks,Matt
Old 09-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Richor
CF Lifetime Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
Your not even signed up yet !!!!

DH
Yeah I might not make it. Closing on a new home, starting a new business and all kinds of other stuff going on,
Old 09-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Richor
Yeah I might not make it. Closing on a new home, starting a new business and all kinds of other stuff going on,
That all sounds important but lets not lose sight of our priorities....

DG

Get notified of new replies

To Aerial Video and Pics of your Track Day or Race Event ?

Quick Reply: Aerial Video and Pics of your Track Day or Race Event ?