Southern California Southern California

Laughlin/Las Vegas to Bryce, via Zion to Death Valley

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 06:04 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Default Laughlin/Las Vegas to Bryce, via Zion to Death Valley

Figured I would tap into the folks in this section to see what has been done.
I work a Mopar car show in Laughlin NV every March, this year it is March 18-20th.
I am thinking about heading from Laughlin Sunday AM to Zion then onto Bryce, staying south on Hwy 89 through Zion and onto Bryce.
I would stay at Ruby's Inn Sunday night, goof off in Bryce for several hours, then head up Hwy 20 to I-15 that will take me into Beatty, NV. Stay Monday night in Beatty, then head across Death Valley, either going 190 into Lone Pine and see Stano , or head across the Panamint Valley via the Trona/WildRose, stay in Ridgecrest, Tuesday night then head home to San Jose via Lake Isabella.
Anyone done the Las Vegas/ Bryce route in Mid March? I can take the Vette, but have the option to take another car more adept at dealing with snow and ice covered roads in Zion/Bryce.

Last edited by Grzldvt1; 01-20-2011 at 06:07 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Z11409
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.atomic-inn.com/
Old 01-20-2011, 09:40 AM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

Great trip except for bryce in mid march. remember bryce is 8000 feet and will be quite cold during that time with the chance of snow. zion canyon will be cold but not as bad since its 4000 ft on the canyon floor. fantastic drive though, i'm looking at doing a zion bryce a bit later during the summer time. I'll get the crowds where as you should have light traffic.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:34 AM
stano
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve that sounds like a great trip. We're in Ridgecrest now working our new store here. We still have the Lone Pine store so let us know where you want to meet; either way great pizza here or there

It'll be nice to see you and catch up on what you've been up too.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:20 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Z11409
I have stayed there. One year we did a Death Valley run and the Stagecoach was completely booked up. So ended up at the Atomic Inn
One year we ended up at the Phoenix Inn. Looked OK on the Web, but when we got there, it was a bunch of converted trailers stacked next to each other with zero soundproofing. I got lucky and got a "room" next to the storage unit. others weren't so lucky and had to listen to their neighbors as if they were right in the room with them.

Originally Posted by bearphoto
Great trip except for bryce in mid march. remember bryce is 8000 feet and will be quite cold during that time with the chance of snow. zion canyon will be cold but not as bad since its 4000 ft on the canyon floor. fantastic drive though, i'm looking at doing a zion bryce a bit later during the summer time. I'll get the crowds where as you should have light traffic.
Ya, that is why I was asking about real work experience. Not worried about the cold, just the snow. Looks like Bryce maybe a call for that day based on the weather forecast. One of my absolute best trips to Yosemite(and I have hiked every inch of the place) was a wintry day in December, so I am good with the colder weather. A little snow makes for some incredible pics.

Originally Posted by stano
Steve that sounds like a great trip. We're in Ridgecrest now working our new store here. We still have the Lone Pine store so let us know where you want to meet; either way great pizza here or there

It'll be nice to see you and catch up on what you've been up too.

Stano, Ridgecrest it is. Was in your new store parking lot last year but got in pretty late and you were closed... Will stay in touch as we progress closer to the date...

Get notified of new replies

To Laughlin/Las Vegas to Bryce, via Zion to Death Valley

Quick Reply: Laughlin/Las Vegas to Bryce, via Zion to Death Valley