Southern California Southern California

Bad Bad experience @ Selman Chevrolet

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 06:30 PM
UBNZO6D
Drifting

Received 118 Likes on 71 Posts

Default Bad Bad experience @ Selman Chevrolet

I will preface this by saying that I have bought 4 vehicles since 2009 from Selman, 2 company vehicles (straight purchase) and 2 personal cars from Selman but whenever I buy a personal vehicle and try to trade one in Selman tries to lay me away sortaspeak...The first 2 times I was unhappy and I know that ultimately I approve the deals but I had hope and was told that they would make it up to me on future deals...Well the future is here and this 3rd time I just could not take the run around any more so I killed the deal...
One more thing, on the second deal they had to rewrite the deal the next day as Selman did not charge the price that Chevrolet had promo'd, they missed it by $40 a month...
The 3rd deal was buying a 2012 and I had a 2011 pristine trade in and was given a trade-in dollar figure that I felt was very low @ $19,500......A few days later they bumped up the trade by 2K to $21,500 and I was relatively happy...When the deal was about to be done they dropped the trade to $19,000 and I was very unhappy again...I did not make the deal...I also bought a 2010 Grandsport @ Boardwalk because Selman was not close on the pricing...My salesperson worked his *** off for me but management wants to hit a home run every time on trades...
I am a car ***** and buy a lot of cars and I thought I would be taken care a little better for the amount of vehicles I purchase, but apparently not...Anyone else have this sort of thing happen @ Selman...
I was also going to trade (a 4th deal) my 2010 Grandsport for a ZL1 also but not now...
Sorry for rambling but I just had to vent..

Greg
Old 08-08-2011, 08:46 PM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

They took major advantage of my elderly parents a number of years back so they will never see me set foot in their dealership.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:54 PM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Selman is the *****!!! They screwed up my 'vette and tried to pass it on to me as though nothing was wrong. I gave them a three page *** reaming to show GM that why are they still having stealerships like them???

Please, there's a "SEARCH" button...why didn't you use it? There's plenty of stories that tell you that they are the "WORST" place to take your 'vette!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 09:41 PM
C2C6Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'11-'12

When you are in the market for a Chevy or service please call Jay Photoglou at Camino Real Chevrolet in Montery Park.....Finishes the paperwork at your kitchen table and drives your trade away from your home....

You don't have to buy from him, but I have found you will be sorry if you don't give him a chance....

Tell him Ted sentcha!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:42 AM
UBNZO6D
Drifting

Originally Posted by bearphoto
They took major advantage of my elderly parents a number of years back so they will never see me set foot in their dealership.
Well that sucks, sorry to hear that...

Greg
Old 08-09-2011, 04:45 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

...they are idiots !!!

Originally Posted by UBNZO6D
I will preface this by saying that I have bought 4 vehicles since 2009 from Selman, 2 company vehicles (straight purchase) and 2 personal cars from Selman but whenever I buy a personal vehicle and try to trade one in Selman tries to lay me away sortaspeak...The first 2 times I was unhappy and I know that ultimately I approve the deals but I had hope and was told that they would make it up to me on future deals...Well the future is here and this 3rd time I just could not take the run around any more so I killed the deal...
One more thing, on the second deal they had to rewrite the deal the next day as Selman did not charge the price that Chevrolet had promo'd, they missed it by $40 a month...
The 3rd deal was buying a 2012 and I had a 2011 pristine trade in and was given a trade-in dollar figure that I felt was very low @ $19,500......A few days later they bumped up the trade by 2K to $21,500 and I was relatively happy...When the deal was about to be done they dropped the trade to $19,000 and I was very unhappy again...I did not make the deal...I also bought a 2010 Grandsport @ Boardwalk because Selman was not close on the pricing...My salesperson worked his *** off for me but management wants to hit a home run every time on trades...
I am a car ***** and buy a lot of cars and I thought I would be taken care a little better for the amount of vehicles I purchase, but apparently not...Anyone else have this sort of thing happen @ Selman...
I was also going to trade (a 4th deal) my 2010 Grandsport for a ZL1 also but not now...

Greg
Old 08-09-2011, 09:04 PM
UBNZO6D
Drifting

Originally Posted by ufso
Selman is the *****!!! They screwed up my 'vette and tried to pass it on to me as though nothing was wrong. I gave them a three page *** reaming to show GM that why are they still having stealerships like them???

Please, there's a "SEARCH" button...why didn't you use it? There's plenty of stories that tell you that they are the "WORST" place to take your 'vette!!!
You're right, I should have...
Old 08-09-2011, 11:23 PM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Originally Posted by C2C6Z06
When you are in the market for a Chevy or service please call Jay Photoglou at Camino Real Chevrolet in Montery Park.....Finishes the paperwork at your kitchen table and drives your trade away from your home....

You don't have to buy from him, but I have found you will be sorry if you don't give him a chance....

Tell him Ted sentcha!
jay is cool peeps...Bought my 2001 Camaro SS from him..He is now at selman last time I checked.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:46 AM
hattitude
Drifting

Originally Posted by UBNZO6D

Greg
Wow, they sure sound like complete idiots........

You gave them more chances than I would have.....

Hope you can find a dealer that will appreciate your business. In these times, you'd think they would go out of their way to keep a customer like you happy.....

Good Luck.....
Old 08-10-2011, 10:35 AM
C2C6Z06
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'11-'12

Originally Posted by 04_Z06_CE
jay is cool peeps...Bought my 2001 Camaro SS from him..He is now at selman last time I checked.
No, Jay is NOT at Selman...he was working there a few years ago and tried to buy into the business. They kept screwing him around - even though he was their top sales person by far..So, he left and is now at Camino Real in Monterey Park!

His cell is (714) 552-0300 if anyone cares
Old 08-10-2011, 02:10 PM
UBNZO6D
Drifting

No, Jay is NOT at Selman...he was working there a few years ago and tried to buy into the business. They kept screwing him around - even though he was their top sales person by far..So, he left and is now at Camino Real in Monterey Park!

Looks like a definite pattern...Looks like Camino Real is the place to go...

Greg
Old 08-10-2011, 03:17 PM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

well it would have to have been in the past 3 months , since I bought my extended warranty through him. non the less , hes is a good guy people can trust no matter where he is . Iam sure we can agree there
Really though when it comes to GM sales and service , you just feel a notch below the rest. Its just what it is. Service being aloooooot worse.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:34 AM
UBNZO6D
Drifting

Originally Posted by 04_Z06_CE
well it would have to have been in the past 3 months , since I bought my extended warranty through him. non the less , hes is a good guy people can trust no matter where he is . Iam sure we can agree there
Really though when it comes to GM sales and service , you just feel a notch below the rest. Its just what it is. Service being aloooooot worse.

Sad, but so true...

Greg
Old 08-13-2011, 01:08 PM
UBNZO6D
Drifting

One of the wonderful things about this site is brother members offering other options and PMs with encouraging notes and suggestions, as well as PM's from other dealers with offers...I thank you all for the encouragement and feedback...Although I have not had any feedback from Selman, they would be wise to get on the boards of the vehicles they sell and get informed and get a clue as to what is going on out here...

Thanks again,

Greg
Old 08-13-2011, 11:49 PM
Joezone914
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Bought from Salman once in sept 04. I had placed an order for an 05 C6 in may 04 for $2k under msrp. Once the car arrived they offered me 2K more than carmax on my 2001 c5 that i was trading in. It was a good deal then. I had a good salesman and Trey the owners son seemed to be really interested and kept me informed during the build process.

Later in 07 I wanted a Z but they would not do better than 5k OVER sticker and they complained to me for trying to push them for at least MSRP. I told them to F off and never talked to them again. They were asking 25k over!!! Bought the next weekend from another dealer on impulse for 5K under in early 07 which was a darn good deal for non forum on the Z then. Now the Z is common enough to get 10-13k off.

It is a shame that dealers try to rake you over the coals instead of trying to work out a fair deal. I do believe dealers should make money on a car and should strike a fair deal for both parties.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:57 PM
UBNZO6D
Drifting

Originally Posted by Joezone914
Bought from Salman once in sept 04. I had placed an order for an 05 C6 in may 04 for $2k under msrp. Once the car arrived they offered me 2K more than carmax on my 2001 c5 that i was trading in. It was a good deal then. I had a good salesman and Trey the owners son seemed to be really interested and kept me informed during the build process.

Later in 07 I wanted a Z but they would not do better than 5k OVER sticker and they complained to me for trying to push them for at least MSRP. I told them to F off and never talked to them again. They were asking 25k over!!! Bought the next weekend from another dealer on impulse for 5K under in early 07 which was a darn good deal for non forum on the Z then. Now the Z is common enough to get 10-13k off.

It is a shame that dealers try to rake you over the coals instead of trying to work out a fair deal. I do believe dealers should make money on a car and should strike a fair deal for both parties.
I had similar issues when I bought my 07Z...Selman, like everyone else was asking 10 to 20 over and ended up buying @ Sopp, who is now closed...

Greg

Get notified of new replies

To Bad Bad experience @ Selman Chevrolet

Quick Reply: Bad Bad experience @ Selman Chevrolet