C6 - Z06 Door Locking Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Joe aka - KODAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C6 - Z06 Door Locking Issues?

Here's the story - the first started about 6 months ago

My drivers door has been locking by itself and not unlocking at all - to the point you have to use the emergency release to open the door - or open the passenger door first and the driver's door would open - which is how I have been getting into the car when this happens - it's not consistant - BUTT - you never knew when it would or when it wouldn't open.

Anyway - I took it to Lake Chevrolet in Lake Elsinore - I had gotten great service from them in the past and on this issue they replaced the 2 key fobs, put a new door latch pad on the drivers door and also replaced the BCM computer - I also personally took both pads off and cleaned them and even switched the passenger one with the driver's pad - the problem still occured.

These are the parts that could have been causing the problem - in order - Fob - door pad - door latch - door locking switch - BCM - it's an electrical nightmare!

You might have read my post / thread about dealers service - that a lot of the experienced / good people had been leaving Lake - so I was concerned about going back and letting Whoelo work on the car.

Well - I took it back and Lake still has one highly experienced person working in the back - TOM - came over to the car - I told him what the problem was and he id it as the door latch - so the part was ordered and the next day the part came in - I am going back tomorrow for the install - 2 screws / bolts hold it in - shouldn't take long to hopefully fix the problem - I'll let you know

I will say - even with all the changes that Lake has gone through they still understand customer service!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Joe aka - KODAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To finish the story - went back to Lake and had the new door latch put in and things are working normal again - good customer service!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Magneson
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to hear its working again. I had an issue but it was the battery. A quick jump start and cruse to Arizona charged it up. No worries!

Get notified of new replies

To C6 - Z06 Door Locking Issues?

Quick Reply: C6 - Z06 Door Locking Issues?