Southern California Southern California

Clear Bra and Tint

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 07:23 AM
chsia
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Clear Bra and Tint

I will get my 12 GS Centennial in about a week. The 1st things to do are to tint windows and clear bra the front bumper, hood, side skirts, and quarter panels. I like to go to one place and have these done all at the same time. I've searched the net and found some shops, but this is my first time to tint and clear bra, so will like to hear your recommendations. In Orange County preferably. Thank you.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:11 PM
richp5
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the front bumper/hood/fenders/lights/wheel wells/mirrors done by Ultimate Shield in Orange last March and am very please with their work. Located in Orange the contact person was Sean Heiland (714) 412-4851. They have a website. Didn't get the tint done as I have a vert and didn't feel the need but they offer that as well.

Last edited by richp5; 01-11-2012 at 02:12 PM. Reason: for the the bumper
Old 01-11-2012, 04:50 PM
CYA OFSR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ultimate Shield does excellent work but it is priced accordingly.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:09 PM
03 True Blue
Intermediate

Hey im in irvine as well. Just picked up my 2012 and was waiting to find a place with some good revies for a clear bra. Let me who u wind up going with.
scott
Old 01-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Vetaholic
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I went with Ultimate Shield too, for both the clear bra and window tint. I would HIGHLY recommend Sean for his clear bra work, but would go somewhere else for the window tint. When I had mine done in late 2008, he wasn't doing the window tint himself...he had a third-party come in and do it. The problem is the edges of the rear window of the coupe...he didn't know the proper procedure for "blacking out" the edge near the roof line.

He does the clear bra on many high-end, exotic cars and really does a spectacular job! I had the entire front end done, from windshield and doors forward, and am completely satisfied with his work.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:59 PM
One Nut
Racer

These guys are great and come to you used by tons of Porsche guys Inc. myself...
www.premiermobilegroup.com
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...rotection.html

Last edited by One Nut; 01-15-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: add link to view cars
Old 01-15-2012, 11:50 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

My C5Z has it on the Nose/Hood...Mirrors....Behind Each Wheel....Rocker Panels....Sill Entry....and in the door handles.

I do need to get some of it re-done, Mirrors have some folds. But overall it looks great!
Old 01-19-2012, 03:07 AM
mathia
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Another vote for Sean at Ultimate Shield. He did my entire hood, front bump, and most of the front fenders about 4 years. It still looks great.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:26 PM
HB 4/C
Instructor

Last week Sean at Ultimate Shield just did my front bumper, hood, top of fenders and behind the wheels front and back. They did a fantastic job, I would highly recommend them. My old film had been on for 6 years and had to be removed because my car was backed into, the old film was
all scuffed up where it was hit, no paint damage. I am very pleased with the new film.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:19 AM
chsia
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HB 4/C
Last week Sean at Ultimate Shield just did my front bumper, hood, top of fenders and behind the wheels front and back. They did a fantastic job, I would highly recommend them. My old film had been on for 6 years and had to be removed because my car was backed into, the old film was
all scuffed up where it was hit, no paint damage. I am very pleased with the new film.
What film did you use? Besides the Venture Shield, there are other good films these days.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:45 AM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Received 271 Likes on 159 Posts

Default Ask The Board About XPEL Ultimate...

Originally Posted by chsia
What film did you use? Besides the Venture Shield, there are other good films these days.
I wanted to share a few videos that will showcase why XPEL Ultimate is the most durable film in the marketplace.

Instant Self Healing Demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUqzFvRw4-A

We put a piece of our new XPEL ULTIMATE Paint Protection Film on a black painted panel, and then scratched it with a wire brush to demonstrate the world's first self healing clear bra.

Stain Resistance Demo with A Raw Egg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzemnoR72Q0

In this video, we attempt to stain the XPEL Ultimate paint protection film with a permanent marker. This is important since yellowing, common to many brands of paint protection film, is caused by staining from environmental contaminants such as road oils, diesel smoke, pollen and pollution. The significance of the permanent marker is that it represents the most difficult known stain to erradicate. To top it off, we added a raw egg baked on in 100 degree weather.

Bugs Left on Surface for 2 Months:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdT1gzpQlhE

In this video, we took a white SUV that has the full hood covered in XPEL's ULTIMATE paint protection film and didn't wash it for over two months. The SUV was stored outdoors everyday and parked under trees when ever possible.

Brake and Transmission Fluid Demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q99I2EyeWQ

Once the two months had passed, we shot a video of cleaning all of the bird droppings, bugs and other contaminants off the film to show just how easy it is to keep XPEL ULTIMATE Paint Protection Film clean.

In the previous video it was marked up with a permanent marker. Here we scratched it up with a key, smeared brake fluid all over the hood and added some smeared transmission oil. Then let it sit for several hours. It all came off with regular alcohol!! The was truly amazing to witness.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Texas_Venom
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to say the Xpel Ultiamte film works as advertised. I have recently been testing it out and will now start carrying it. I wont say it is indestructable but it resists staining, scratching, and chemicals better than any other film out there. How spray paint wipes right off is beyond me.

Get notified of new replies

To Clear Bra and Tint

Quick Reply: Clear Bra and Tint