Southern California Southern California

pulled over twice in 2 days!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 12:20 PM
1cleanvette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulled over twice in 2 days!!!

So i got pulled over once driving home from work going about 62mph in a 55mph just crusing... officer pulls me over trying to get me for speed saying i was going 75mph plus!!! While in fact I informed him my car my look very good and he was probably staring and missed the 2 cars in front me def. going 75mph. (He got a little mad) said dont be smart *** haha and held me there for about 10-15 minutes came back and said im getting a fix it ticket for no front plate! and thats where I need help... I saw the retractable brackets for plates for like $150 but I dont want to spend that for a 1 time $25 dollar fix it ticket fix!! Is there anything anybody can help me out with? anybody jerry rig a plate holder? I def. dont want to drill or permanently attach anything to my front bumper. Oh and the next day another cop got me going 65mph in a 55mph... they are out for me!!! haha

thanks for any advice anybody has!!
Old 01-20-2012, 12:25 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

slow down and put your plate on..haha
Old 01-20-2012, 12:27 PM
1cleanvette
Advanced

i have no way to put on my front plate haha just wondering if anybody had this problem and jerry rigged some way to run the front plate to get it signed off or if anybody new somebody who can sign it off for me
Old 01-20-2012, 01:32 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

Everyone here knows how much I love those guys. Hey OP you were lucky. This is how they treat their own.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_19748690
Old 01-20-2012, 01:41 PM
1cleanvette
Advanced

wow thats messed up!!! cops these days..... ha...
Old 01-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Joe aka - KODAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The C6 is ugly as hell with a plate on the front - there really isn't a way that I've seen to put one on that works well - depending on where you live in SoCal seems to be how much you get harassed over that issue.

I don't have a front plate on any my 3 cars and the only time I've been harassed is when I wen into Santa Monica - their cops really suck !

All you can do when you get pulled over is try and be nice - they have you by the ***** and wallet! I got my first point on my record in 40 years last month - 80 in a 65 on the 91 Fwy - the Chippy was actually pretty nice about it - since I was going 95 - I still tried fighting it - but lost and they refused to allow me to go to traffic school - I accept that I was speeding and don't mind paying for it - since I've beaten the system a few times and know that EVERY time I drive the car I could get a ticket - so I bit the bullet on this one.

Last edited by Joe aka - KODAK; 01-20-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:19 PM
ZEE-OH-6
Burning Brakes

Why don't motorcycles have to have front plates ?
Old 01-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Joe aka - KODAK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ZEE-OH-6
Why don't motorcycles have to have front plates ?
You have to understand the mentality of the law makers that your dealing with 2 wheels = ONE PLATE

Last edited by Joe aka - KODAK; 01-20-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:41 PM
1cleanvette
Advanced

@Kodak - I agree!! ugly as hell!! hahah i found that weird plate that sits in the middle of the front bumper inbetween the dam and i really dont feel like spending 100+ for something I will never use besides driving to court hahah ya i live in South OC so cops here have nothing to do besides pull over modded cars.. doesnt help that i have velocity yellow and I am a young driver Ive had the car for about 2 years now and have never gotten pulled over once until acouple weeks ago when I did... twice in two days! hahah oh well I suppose I had it coming to me I mean on modball rally driving 3k miles goin 140+ i would expect a ticket but never got one going on the rally twice! haha so I suppose it caught up to me haha. I remember another young c6 z06 driver almost went to jail for goin 130+ on the rally along with a maserati GT, M5, P-car, and another c6 z06 luckily i was behind the group having to pit stop to go to the bathroom lol. oh well I suppose I can go to home depot and try to rig up some plate with a long L bracket. Like I said if ANYBODY has any connections to get my ticket signed off I would GREATLY appreciate it
Old 01-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Joe aka - KODAK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 1cleanvette
@Kodak - I agree!! ugly as hell!! hahah i found that weird plate that sits in the middle of the front bumper inbetween the dam and i really dont feel like spending 100+ for something I will never use besides driving to court hahah ya i live in South OC so cops here have nothing to do besides pull over modded cars.. doesnt help that i have velocity yellow and I am a young driver Ive had the car for about 2 years now and have never gotten pulled over once until acouple weeks ago when I did... twice in two days! hahah oh well I suppose I had it coming to me I mean on modball rally driving 3k miles goin 140+ i would expect a ticket but never got one going on the rally twice! haha so I suppose it caught up to me haha. I remember another young c6 z06 driver almost went to jail for goin 130+ on the rally along with a maserati GT, M5, P-car, and another c6 z06 luckily i was behind the group having to pit stop to go to the bathroom lol. oh well I suppose I can go to home depot and try to rig up some plate with a long L bracket. Like I said if ANYBODY has any connections to get my ticket signed off I would GREATLY appreciate it

I've seen a few that have cut the plate down and bend it to fit inside the grill - I even think it was posted on the forum on how to do it - you might search - lic plate - not sure - I do know that they have to be able to read California at the top, the main numbers and the year/month in the corners.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:06 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

can you put some clear bra on and then 3M double side foam tape the plate to the clear bra. Then get signed off and take it off and use a heat gun to gently pull up the clear.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:30 PM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

I dont recall who makes it but one company has some brackets that ultimately velcro tape inside the grill area and you secure the brackets velcro to the velcro on the underside beneath the nose of the car. No drilling, just sticking the velcro on there. It cant be seen unless you lay down on the ground.

By the way, just parking your car in a shopping center parking lot with no front plate can get you a ticket by the meter maids in their carts. Mine cost me about $42 in Lancaster on one of my Saleen mustangs.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:49 PM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Hang with us at The Block...http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...of-orange.html

...we never get tickets...well, only one in 7 years!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 08:52 PM
stano
Safety Car

One of the vendors here has a neat fix. It's a bracket that sticks to the top underside with two tiny bolts that hang down and your license plate is connected to the lower bracket that has two holes. You affix the lower bracket to the top with tiny wing nuts. Goes on and off in seconds and you can't see the upper bracket.

http://www.topflightrepro.com/corvet...brackets.shtml

Last edited by stano; 01-20-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:47 PM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Yorba Linda has front plate cameras. One of my friends bought a bracket that bends down and under the fascia. Costs around $150, but I guess it's worth it if you live there.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:40 AM
magls2
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

West coast corvette has removable front plates which do not require drilling

The mounting hardware is not visible when the plates are removed

It takes seconds to remove or mount the plates using a quick latch mechanism
Old 01-21-2012, 01:53 AM
heypal
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ufso
Yorba Linda has front plate cameras. One of my friends bought a bracket that bends down and under the fascia. Costs around $150, but I guess it's worth it if you live there.
They have what...and where?

Get notified of new replies

To pulled over twice in 2 days!!!

Old 01-21-2012, 05:23 PM
magls2
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Available for c5 and c6
There are two types for the c6 and c6z06, not sure about c5 vs c5 z06, chk the web site

For my c6, no drilling, I used The front fascia bolt below in the middle.
For the z06 other mount is on the driver spoiler opening

See link

http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-6...12-c6-z06.aspx
Old 01-23-2012, 08:00 AM
chsia
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by magls2
Available for c5 and c6
There are two types for the c6 and c6z06, not sure about c5 vs c5 z06, chk the web site

For my c6, no drilling, I used The front fascia bolt below in the middle.
For the z06 other mount is on the driver spoiler opening

See link

http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-6...12-c6-z06.aspx
Looks like WestCoastCorvette and Top Flight Reproduction are offering the same bracket???
Old 01-24-2012, 01:31 AM
Rob.M
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by heypal
They have what...and where?
Yorba Linda has fake cameras. They only flash when you're speeding. No pictures are being taken.

Quick Reply: pulled over twice in 2 days!!!