Southern California Southern California

WTB Pfadt Rear Coilover

Old 08-04-2013, 02:12 PM
vbjimbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default WTB Pfadt Rear Coilover

Does anyone have a rear Pfadt coilover (non-Featherlite)? I have had this issue with mine loosening up forever and tried several fixes after discussions with Pfadt but it never lasted. I had one on special order thru Pfadt, or that was what I was told but it never came thru. PM me if you have one available.

Thanks
Old 08-11-2013, 11:21 AM
kvadnais
Advanced

I know your post was from about a week ago, but JIC...

From the sounds of it, you have the legacy/first generation Pfadt's? I too had problems with mine loosening up, and eventually dabbed 2-3 VERY small drops of red Loctite on the top nut threads. I was told by Pfadt to never use red Loctite (only blue), as it's very difficult to disassemble them at a later point with red. However, I was tired of both rear shocks randomly loosening up every couple months.

I also had to special order the replacement parts for mine (eventually suffered the famous upper-shaft fracture), got tired of waiting, so I reluctantly bought a set of the new generation. Wasn't very happy about having to buy another set, but the good news is I haven't encountered any major problems with new shocks. One of the new rears did blow an o-ring, and drained the dampening oil, but that was an easy fix.

I'm happy to search my box of old shocks/parts, and get you any replacement components though.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:35 PM
vbjimbo
Racer

St. Jude Donor '09

Kris, if I remember correctly, thanks for the response. It is quite frustrating and just like you I have been thru everything. It has had the red loctite for a while now along with jamnuts and a complete change of all hardware. What year did the design change or are you referring the the Featherlite series. I put these on in early 09.

It nothing comes up sometime soon I will go another direction.

Thanks again!
Old 08-18-2013, 12:09 PM
kvadnais
Advanced

Originally Posted by vbjimbo
Kris, if I remember correctly, thanks for the response. It is quite frustrating and just like you I have been thru everything. It has had the red loctite for a while now along with jamnuts and a complete change of all hardware. What year did the design change or are you referring the the Featherlite series. I put these on in early 09.

It nothing comes up sometime soon I will go another direction.

Thanks again!
Sorry for delay in getting back to you. Lot going on over last week. Good memory BTW. Some of my long time friends can't even remember my name is spelled with a "K".

Yes, you're correct. My reference to "new generation" meant Featherlites, as they're an unofficial successor to the originals. Feel free to let me know if you need any parts from original series coilovers, and I'll take a look in my spare parts bin.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB Pfadt Rear Coilover

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB Pfadt Rear Coilover