Need help with a Scam from Fallbrook CA

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 04:23 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

san diego's a big city with lots of little towns and suburbs all around. guy like this keeps on the move or someone might locate his stash and take it or get it locked. I'd talk with locals like local corvette, camaro, bmw, clubs and see if they know of this guy. based on seeing these threads, he may even go dormant for awhile to cool off things. but triangulating thru his scams puts him more and more in a bulls eye position.

good luck. there once was a brilliant C4 guy in socal who got scammed. don't recall exactly how he did it but he involved local police, other cf members, etc. to finally get the scammer. police arrested the guy and he had big troubles after that and went away for a good long time. it can be done!
Old 12-15-2013, 07:51 PM
hdpete98
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Leads

Sent you a PM with some possible contacts. I live in the area.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:09 AM
yourworstnightmare
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your misfortune The nearest club to Fallbrook (within 10 miles)is "corvettesofsandiego.com" You may want to contact them concerning your situation. If you get some further info, I live not that far from Fallbrook and would be more than happy to "assist." I'm usually a nice guy, but knuckleheads like this make me a little crazy in the head....
Old 12-23-2013, 01:58 PM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by spf72
I am trying to find the real address of a guy that has scammed at least two of us from the forum.
Steve
Steve,

It's been a little time now. Please share with us what you have done/been able to do to get more definitive information about the guy, with particular regard to the various methods shared in other posts about how to assertively go about getting some additional info.

Thanks.

Last edited by J Christensen; 12-23-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:14 PM
dwdw910
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I know where he is and where his shop is.

I joined this forum after doing a slight background check on a tenant named David Young and seeing a few of these scam alerts online. This guy David is a real dirtbag and caused all kinds of trouble at a residency. He's a pathological liar and sells all kinds of parts, particularly Corvette parts.

Private message me and I can give you his current information and where his shop is located. We think this guy is wanted for several reasons and would like to ensure his fraud, lies and dirty work do not affect anyone else.
Old 08-08-2015, 12:21 AM
fermag
2nd Gear

Default Dave young current information and description

Originally Posted by dwdw910
I joined this forum after doing a slight background check on a tenant named David Young and seeing a few of these scam alerts online. This guy David is a real dirtbag and caused all kinds of trouble at a residency. He's a pathological liar and sells all kinds of parts, particularly Corvette parts.

Private message me and I can give you his current information and where his shop is located. We think this guy is wanted for several reasons and would like to ensure his fraud, lies and dirty work do not affect anyone else.
Ok guys. Dave's car shop address confirmed! he has one employee. To the people he scammed, feel free to visit him and get your money back, retaliate, or report to authorities. the business address to his shop in Oceanside is absolute.

David C Young
DOB 04-05-1961
Current Cell Phone 760-851-6943
Drives a Red pick-up truck (Plate Number 8K01164)

Current place of business
2435 Industry Street
Oceanside CA

**Physical and Facial Description**

Caucasian
Height: 5'10
Gray eyes
white spiked hair (about 1.5 inches length)

Another person posted his info https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...formation.html

Last edited by fermag; 08-08-2015 at 03:26 AM.
Old 08-08-2015, 04:17 AM
tkmt75
1st Gear

Originally Posted by fermag
Ok guys. Dave's car shop address confirmed! he has one employee. To the people he scammed, feel free to visit him and get your money back, retaliate, or report to authorities. the business address to his shop in Oceanside is absolute.
I can attest that this is the guy that has been scamming people. Me, him and other friends used to hangout here in San Diego, i remember him saying that he scammed a lot of people in the East Coast while we were drinking, specifically in Pennsylvania and Virginia. He brags about how he has access to all the best corvette parts that he can get for cheap and sell for high cost to dumb corvette owners, and brags how he is the Corvette King here in Southern California. I stopped hanging out with him because he is just full of crap! The picture is accurate as well as the shop location because i've been there multiple times. Hopefully someone will contact the authorities to get this guy.

Last edited by tkmt75; 08-08-2015 at 04:22 AM.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:25 AM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Originally Posted by spf72
Almost 400 views and no one has heard of or run into this guy?
I was told it is a relatively small area and there are only so many of us car folks and fewer still that are buying and selling Corvette parts. Are there other car clubs in the area?

Any help is appreciated and I am looking into the suggestions I have received already.

Steve
Hire a PI
Old 08-12-2015, 10:34 PM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OP:

This has dragged on quite a long time. You apparently have the location and identify info, so what is your next step?

If you don't want LEO involved, file a small claim in your town, as he advertised in the San Diego area, have someone local to Oceanside serve him, and take him to court. If he doesn't show, and you provide your evidence to the court, it will default to you. Next step, wait 30 days for him to pay, then file a writ of execution with the court, requesting that the Marshals go to his business and confiscate his property there for then sale at auction, which then you are paid from the proceeds. Simple, but takes time.

Get this over, it's giving me a headache! JK
Old 09-09-2015, 03:10 PM
c5coast
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Status?

Quick Reply: Need help with a Scam from Fallbrook CA