Southern California Southern California

Plastic Fantastic XXXVII - San Diego, CA

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 04:14 AM
spiral04
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

As always, another perfect day in San Diego!! A great turnout!! Thank you

Last edited by spiral04; 05-19-2014 at 04:20 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:29 PM
darnplumber
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

over 375 Corvettes this year! I'm so glad I made it.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:36 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by spiral04
As always, another perfect day in San Diego!! A great turnout!! Thank you

I looked for you several times through the day. I really liked your car. Everything you've done was just right. Just wanted to tell you that! Maybe I'll catch you next year.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:56 PM
spiral04
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by vetten76
I looked for you several times through the day. I really liked your car. Everything you've done was just right. Just wanted to tell you that! Maybe I'll catch you next year.
Thank you very much!! Between lunch at the Harbor House with my parents(my dad's was the silver C6 vert next to me), and trying to get around and see most of the vettes, there wasn't much time. I'll be there next year for sure.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:23 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Thank you very much!! Between lunch at the Harbor House with my parents(my dad's was the silver C6 vert next to me), and trying to get around and see most of the vettes, there wasn't much time. I'll be there next year for sure.
I liked your hand brake lever, your audio, your front end and motor. I crashed my cyber gray supercharged C5 last year. Your custom C5 made me smile. Sorry. I didn't notice your dad's car. Lol.....
Old 05-20-2014, 01:55 AM
stryderss
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Great Event!!! Lots of nice vette's good to see mine was fairly one of a kind
Old 05-20-2014, 11:35 AM
macpilot
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Had a great time! My first vette show. So many nice people there, and the organizers did an excellent job with the traffic and everything, very friendly people! Hope to make next year, with sun screen!
Old 05-20-2014, 04:15 PM
SSmokinSS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here are some from our group of 5 cars

Old 05-20-2014, 05:33 PM
spiral04
Melting Slicks

[QUOTE=SSmokinSS;1586945286]Here are some from our group of 5 cars

[URL=http://s267.photobucket.[/QUOTE]

I was checking out your cars and mods and noticed a few of you guys were younger like I and were sitting behind your vettes. Nice rides!!
Old 05-20-2014, 05:45 PM
SSmokinSS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I was checking out your cars and mods and noticed a few of you guys were younger like I and were sitting behind your vettes. Nice rides!!
thanks man! ages are 22, 25, 31, 32 and 3X?
Old 05-20-2014, 08:15 PM
spiral04
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SSmokinSS
thanks man! ages are 22, 25, 31, 32 and 3X?
I am young looking 36 lol. Bought my 2004 C5 in '05, not too long after driving my dad's brand new 2005 C6 vert. Been hooked ever since and hope to eventually get a C7 Z06 vert. Will be back again next year.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:03 AM
stryderss
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I will keep my C5 one of the 2 best body styles of vette for sure. I will be back next year too. more shiney stuff
Old 04-14-2015, 07:04 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Default Hey

My Father is getting up in years, so I was considering helping him show his C3 at your show! He isn't the most politically correct and neither is his car. At the show, is it tolerated for him to fire the engine every now and then, because that is what he like to do? He doesn't attend anything, that won't let him pull the header tubes off! I thought I had better ask before just showing up with him and his car, to avoid getting all kicked out by his bad manners! It might be near his last hurrah! I am trying to do the good son thing, and get some bonding in! But might have to sit elsewhere, away from him and his car because of past experiences!
Old 04-14-2015, 07:45 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Are you kidding? We're Corvette guys. We love that kind of thing. You bring him and his car and let it rip. I have electric cutouts on my C3. Your dad is my brethren! I would love to meet you both. Your a good son. Lol. Hope to see you there.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:07 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Default We have been asked to leave other events!

Originally Posted by vetten76
Are you kidding? We're Corvette guys. We love that kind of thing. You bring him and his car and let it rip. I have electric cutouts on my C3. Your dad is my brethren! I would love to meet you both. Your a good son. Lol. Hope to see you there.
Most have a problem with making that kind of noise. His car won the Open Header contest twice at San Bernardino Rendezous Route 66 with over 2500 cars in attendance before that event ended. Then he had to do a rolling scratch burn out against a zoomie equipped 23 T bucket, just to show how fast it is and got us kicked out the last time I went there with him and then in his 70's, he got in a fight with an entire low rider gang (they were actually cool guys and told me to just get him out of there), but I would assume the hydraulic equipped cars won't be at this show! Now since that small bit of fame with the highest decibel readings and crowd vote, he feels he has to pop them off (the side tubes), before he pulls in anywhere! Please consider he is 81! It is now his thing! And as enough guys and gals are gathering around not impressed by his inability to dress out his engine with some of his phony ugly braided line covers (luckily the important ones like the actual fuel lines are real braid), painted ugly main carb body, and a few other things I would like to change like some pieces of prism tape straight out of the 1970's and his overly pinstriped fenders, he then feels he should fire it up for the crowd to shut up the skeptics! But I guess this is better than asking the opinionated to back up their bull, because he used to challenge them to go race, right there on the spot! It also didn't help either that he spikes his fuel heavily with octane boost chemicals that will make your eyes water to support about 12.5:1 and 42+ degrees of advance! Therefore I have just sat back and watched the Show Organizer give him warnings and then the boot! Therefore I stopped going to shows with him (it isn't really my thing), and that caused him to not go, as he used to enjoy I guess my company while doing his thing! It is one of those dysfunctional family things!

Therefore I ask the Organizers, if I can burn the spiked gas off in the tank on the way down, and limit his putting more in, can he start it up every now and then for his enjoyment?, and then I can just tank it back up for the trip home! See my dilemma! And people will think I am joking, but I am not!!!!!!!!! PS I also have to watch out for his stuff, because he took his T-top tops off apparently at one show that he attended alone and forgot them at that event, and nobody honest was around to turn them into lost and found. He also tends to leave his wallet lying on the console at his age!

PS it has been a long time since I have been a good son, therefore I seriously might try to get him down there! Funny I lived there for 16 years total overall and attended a number of times, but never took my own Corvettes. I went last year and walked around and thought to myself how much it has seemed to grow from about 10 cars back in the late 70's on the grass to 375 I guess in 2014!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 04-16-2015 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:36 PM
bob arrowsmith
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Default plastic toys

Ill be coming from Diamond Bar,,, first time vette owner with my c4.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:49 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Right on. Glad to have you along.....

Quick Reply: Plastic Fantastic XXXVII - San Diego, CA