Southern California Southern California

Anyone Find a Reasonable So. Calif. Dealer Yet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 08:45 AM
cvwb
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

Thanks all, for the responses and advice. Sounds like a forum dealer out of state will be the way to go.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:42 PM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

I have a family member that used to by his pick up trucks out of Detroit, said he always saved significant money. I suppose they were pretty motivated, and this was way before the trouble it has today.

I would give a local dealer with good service a shot, bringing in my buying plans and offer then a chance to join . Sometimes guys get addicted to high prices and feel they just lost money if they can't get every one to pay extra like the last guy.

I was riding my bike past Maria Del Rey Toyota, long ago , when the a new Toyota vehicle came out, the four runner, a mini truck with a cab built on the back. I was curious and asked the salesperson for the price. She said thirty one thousand. I , obviously not a buyer, said I thought they were around 21, 000 or so. She replied, they are, but in this neighborhood sometimes they don't question the price.

I sounds like a lot of dealers think that everyone looking at Corvettes is in a special neighborhood, and will pay extra from past experience with crazed buyers, and won't change until the stock sets for a while or unless you rub their nose in the fact that they are loosing a sale, perhaps a skinny one, but it is always a choice between volume and profit .
Old 08-29-2014, 07:18 PM
THE MOUTH
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditto on THEO at Rydell in Northridge!!! Great guy and very knowledgeable about all his cars. He sold me my 2010 C6 Torch Red corvette with no
hassle!!!! Bottom line is what you want and a budget you need to stick with. The internet has all the info you need to get your car at the price you want. Tell him Mike Boyd sent you. Class act!!!! Good luck!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:07 PM
Corvettinator
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Since we are asking about dealers, anyone have experience with a good Chrysler dealer in SoCal? I'm in the market for a Rubicon (please no PM's, dealers, TIA ).
Old 08-31-2014, 05:26 PM
mark1107
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

No Socal dealer will sell a c7 z06 at msrp that isn't already earmarked for someone. They will only sell above msrp and with waiting lists!

Quick Reply: Anyone Find a Reasonable So. Calif. Dealer Yet?