Southern California Southern California

Any generous C7 owners in San Diego?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 12:01 PM
BradSW
Team Owner

Location: From San Diego to Bentonville, AR.....WTF was I thinking?!? Oh yeah, that free state thingy!
Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Default Any generous C7 owners in San Diego?????

First, let me be clear......I'm NOT asking to drive your car......would NEVER do that.

However, I was hoping one of you fine C7 owners would be willing to show me your car, give me a ride, and possibly let me see how I fit in the drivers seat to see if it can be adjusted to fit my build. I am 6'2" / 215. I went to a local dealer to see how I fit. The seat bolsters hit me pretty good in the thighs but could not do much with the adjustment with the sales guy hovering over me......and with the seat the way it was, the cabin felt quite a bit smaller than my C5, but it's been 5 years since I sold it and been driving a crossover SUV since. Plus I didn't get to try out the passenger seat.

Anyway, before I drop $70K on a car, I'd like to experience it a bit more......especially the seats......and would love a test ride.

I live in Poway, but more than happy to come to you.

Thanks.....Brad

Last edited by BradSW; 09-06-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:29 PM
LA STIG
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BradSW
First, let me be clear......I'm NOT asking to drive your car......would NEVER do that.

However, I was hoping one of you fine C7 owners would be willing to show me your car, give me a ride, and possibly let me see how I fit in the drivers seat to see if it can be adjusted to fit my build. I am 6'2" / 215. I went to a local dealer to see how I fit. The seat bolsters hit me pretty good in the thighs but could not do much with the adjustment with the sales guy hovering over me......and with the seat the way it was, the cabin felt quite a bit smaller than my C5, but it's been 5 years since I sold it and been driving a crossover SUV since. Plus I didn't get to try out the passenger seat.

Anyway, before I drop $70K on a car, I'd like to experience it a bit more......especially the seats......and would love a test ride.

I live in Poway, but more than happy to come to you.

Thanks.....Brad
I can't help you with the car ride but I've instructed a student with a new C7 at the Streets of Willow and I can say that the passenger seat is smaller than my C6 Z so you may not be able to tell much from a ride. (I'm 6'3", 210 for reference). I haven't driven one yet but I've sat in several C7's with both the regular seat and the sport seat. They are both more "tailored" than my C6 Z but the legroom is fine and the car seems very comfortable but it does seem a little more compact. All in all I'd have no trouble buying and driving one.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:28 PM
Brandon619
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

Hey Brad have you've tried going to a dealer and test driving a C7? I bet they would be happy to accommodate you with your concerns.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:03 PM
ZedO6
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

You need to find the right dealer. My business puts me in regular contact with dealerships in Socal and beyond. I'm on a personal basis with most of them. I can think of two excellent Chevrolet dealers in San Diego that would be happy to setup a hands-on appointment with you and a C7. Send me a PM and I'll arrange it....
Old 09-07-2014, 08:54 AM
ChiliPepperGarage
Melting Slicks

Received 600 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by ZedO6
You need to find the right dealer. My business puts me in regular contact with dealerships in Socal and beyond. I'm on a personal basis with most of them. I can think of two excellent Chevrolet dealers in San Diego that would be happy to setup a hands-on appointment with you and a C7. Send me a PM and I'll arrange it....
This^!

Paradise Chevy in Temecula let me and my (now X) wife take out both auto and stick new C6 Gran Sports (before the C7 came out) by ourselves for test drives.

I'm sure the right dealer will let you test drive one. It's not like they are a $250K Ferrari or something.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:21 PM
BradSW
Team Owner

Location: From San Diego to Bentonville, AR.....WTF was I thinking?!? Oh yeah, that free state thingy!
Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Thanks all for your replies. I did find a generous owner that took me for a ride and allowed me to play with both the passenger seat and driver's seat. All my concerns have been alleviated.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:39 PM
sallen619
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by BradSW
Thanks all for your replies. I did find a generous owner that took me for a ride and allowed me to play with both the passenger seat and driver's seat. All my concerns have been alleviated.

How do you fit?

Get notified of new replies

To Any generous C7 owners in San Diego?????

Quick Reply: Any generous C7 owners in San Diego?????