Southern California Southern California

18/19 Split Spokes with Michelins FS

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 11:24 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Default 18/19 Split Spokes with Michelins FS

I find myself with 4 sets of mounted and balanced wheels with TPMS for my 08 Z06. Even to me that seems excessive.

I would like to sell 2 of the 4.

I have 2 sets of Chrome Split Spokes with essentially new Mich PSSs in 285/345 sizes. I bought one set of tires early this year, so I know they have less than 1000 miles on them as they only were on for my trip up to the Bay Area to get my guides checked at Abel Chevrolet. The rest of the time my 19/20 set of Morrs with Nitto's have been on the car. The second set of Chrome split spokes with Michelin PSSs (same 285/345 sizes) I got as a take off set. I can't say exactly how many miles are on them as I don't know but they look as new as my other set. I will let the buyer take a look at both sets and buy the one they prefer for $1990. they of course are fully assembled with TPMSs, mounted and balanced with center caps.

My other set is a set of split spokes with a killer red powder coat on them with brand new TPMS and Michelin Pilot SCs non RF. These tires have some use left but certainly aren't new. I will sell them for $800, again complete, mounted and balanced with TPMSs. I bought these mounted but without TPMSs thinking I would use them and simply have never mounted them after having the TPMSs installed and them remounted and balanced. I have a VTEC tool to mate them to your car (assuming it is a Z06 of the earlier years that use the same type of sensor. That is 2006-2009 and may include 2010.

This is me headed up to SF in front of Hearst Castle:

These are the 285/345s on the car.

Here are the Red Wheels:

And here is the reason none of these 3 sets spend any time on my car:
Old 12-30-2014, 01:20 AM
ilovemyredhotc6
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So. Cal. Events Coordinator

Do you have a link to the rims in the last picture? Are they available in 18/19 stock Z06 sizes?
Old 12-31-2014, 03:02 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

They are Morr Wheels, now a supporting vendor but not, I understand, available in 18/19s.

I believe they are in the $1800/wheel range, putting you in the $8000 + range for wheels, tires, TPMSs, and mounting and balancing, even with a most excellent forum vendor discount. Talk to me and I will sell you these for $7000. My need for 4 sets of wheels/tires is pretty low.

In fact they are now in the garage and one of my sets of split spokes with PSSs is on the car. Stop down to SD and try them out on your car. I have floor jacks and we can get them on/off in a half hour.

Perry
Old 01-04-2015, 03:29 AM
duhveed
Pro

Can we make a wheel to buy my own wheels back?
Old 01-04-2015, 03:43 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

We could. I have never had them on the car. I did buy new TPMSs for them and had Discount Tire dismount/install/mount them on the wheels. I was looking for my old email as to what I had paid you for them and couldn't find it. So they are as you sold them to me with the addition of the TPMSs cost and the $80 to install and mount them.

Absolutely fabulous powdercoating job you had done. The guys at Discount Tire couldn't believe how great a coating job it was.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:52 PM
duhveed
Pro

Originally Posted by pkincy
We could. I have never had them on the car. I did buy new TPMSs for them and had Discount Tire dismount/install/mount them on the wheels. I was looking for my old email as to what I had paid you for them and couldn't find it. So they are as you sold them to me with the addition of the TPMSs cost and the $80 to install and mount them.

Absolutely fabulous powdercoating job you had done. The guys at Discount Tire couldn't believe how great a coating job it was.
What's your email maybe I'll search mine. I'd have to get new tires since they're older now and will be used for 1/2 mile events.

I had just bought a track set too they're on the way but if my old wheels are cheap enough I'll buy them back and resell the others
Old 02-21-2015, 08:04 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

ttt

Get notified of new replies

To 18/19 Split Spokes with Michelins FS

Quick Reply: 18/19 Split Spokes with Michelins FS