Southern California Southern California

2014 Corvette Challenge Finale: DOWNLOAD !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 05:05 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Default 2014 Corvette Challenge Finale: DOWNLOAD !!

2014 CORVETTE CHALLENGE EVENT #11 (FINALE)

WILLOW SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY

DECEMBER 14

CONFIGURATION: CW

USE THE LINK BELOW TO SEE THE SCHEDULE, REGISTER FOR AN EVENT, CLASS YOUR CAR AND SEE THE POINT STANDINGS!!
http://svc.speedventures.com/fly.asp...age&series=192

** IT IS MANDATORY TO CLASS YOUR CAR DURING ONLINE REGISTRATION !!! ALSO FILL OUT A CLASSIFICATION SHEET AND TURN IT IN WITH YOUR TECH FORM AT REGISTRATION **
HERE IS THE SPREADSHEET TO DETERMINE YOUR CLASS
http://www.speedventures.com/competi...ksheet2014.xls

PHOTOS OF ALL CORVETTE CHALLENGE EVENTS CAN BE FOUND HERE !!!
http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/Co...=recent&page=1

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SUPPORT ALL OUR SPONSORS WHO MAKE THIS GREAT EXPERIENCE POSSIBLE

2014 CORVETTE CHALLENGE SPONSORS

ORGANIZATION SPONSORS
Speed Ventures

GOLD SPONSORS
LG Motorsports - http://www.lgmotorsports.com/
Finspeed - http://www.finspeed.com/

SILVER SPONSORS
Cunningham Motorsports - http://www.cunningham-motorsports.com
KNSBrakes - http://knsbrakes.com/

*PLEASE CHECK OUT YOUR CORVETTE CHALLENGE SHIRT FOR MORE SPONSORS WHO CURRENTLY ARE NOT CORVETTE FORUM VENDORS*

DH
Old 12-14-2014, 05:10 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Okay, should have been a fast day at WSIR today.

Lets see some incar video

Anybody take an pics of the festivities

Results !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DH
Old 12-14-2014, 10:38 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

I had 3 good sessions, and ran a new PB, 1:32.7. Made back home to Idyllwild in one piece, and had a nice session #4 coming up the mountain!! There were some fast times out there, and I believe NO ISSUES!!!

I'm working on some video now, and hope to put together a nice one with Dave and I, HE was Flying!!
Old 12-15-2014, 02:15 AM
Evolution-ary
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jbsblownc5
I had 3 good sessions, and ran a new PB, 1:32.7. Made back home to Idyllwild in one piece, and had a nice session #4 coming up the mountain!! There were some fast times out there, and I believe NO ISSUES!!!

I'm working on some video now, and hope to put together a nice one with Dave and I, HE was Flying!!
Thanks Joel .. Everyone was rocking pretty hard today! You included!

I got a PB of 1.30.8, But Mr Vogel was the rock star, in his new to him C5 race car... He was just behind Stefani's blazing 1.25 time with a 1.26 ... Congrats Kevin!

I got some decent video for sure (and data when T-Mobil decided to give me service!), but will take me a minute to get it edited, heavy work load before the holidays ...

We miss ya Howie.... and Tim too, today...

(PS -- I'll let the Stig explain why the SRT machine was not in attendance ...................... )
Old 12-15-2014, 10:45 AM
LA STIG
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Evolution-ary

I got a PB of 1.30.8, But Mr Vogel was the rock star, in his new to him C5 race car... He was just behind Stefani's blazing 1.25 time with a 1.26 ... Congrats Kevin!

I got some decent video for sure (and data when T-Mobil decided to give me service!), but will take me a minute to get it edited, heavy work load before the holidays ...

(PS -- I'll let the Stig explain why the SRT machine was not in attendance ...................... )
A microswitch got wet in the passenger's door and they were not able to locate the part by Friday so the Viper is at the dealer waiting for the diagnosis and repair to be completed. It is a great disappointment to me that it couldn't be there for its first dry track day at Big Willow but at least it was there 10 days earlier for its first - but very wet - track day, where it performed flawlessly. While I wait for the return of the Viper I've got a Chrysler loaner car that got about thirty laps on the track, including ten to fifteen at speed, and my three students (08 Z06; 2012 Boss 302; and newer Mustang 5.0) learned that they could get by me but couldn't get rid of me. So I've got that going for me.

Kevin and Stephanie's times were fantastic and there was horsepower in the air, for sure. Dave's PB is just another in a string of them. Just imagine how much faster he'd go if he tracked more often!

Rich and I will be at Buttonwillow next month for the Viper track weekend and three days later for OTR. All of that should be fun and worth waiting for. By then my "VPR STIG" plate should be on the car. It's all good. Meanwhile I wait for the CC committee to pick the 2015 dates for Challenge so I can finalize my schedule for next year.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:12 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Thanks Dave!!

I actually got some decent video on my end, but it would be GREAT if you can get me what you can from our third session...
Old 12-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Chris Edwards
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Fantastic meeting you all! Thanks to everyone for the tips and advice and Mike for riding along and giving me pointers. Last session of the day I was able to run a couple 1.49's which I'm happy with for the first time out. I'm gonna get some matching tires of some sort and get the car aligned again (any recommendations on where to take it?) and plan for the next track day. -Christian
Old 12-15-2014, 03:07 PM
LA STIG
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lxcoupe
Fantastic meeting you all! Thanks to everyone for the tips and advice and Mike for riding along and giving me pointers. Last session of the day I was able to run a couple 1.49's which I'm happy with for the first time out. I'm gonna get some matching tires of some sort and get the car aligned again (any recommendations on where to take it?) and plan for the next track day. -Christian
Christian,

I was glad to be of help and, as I'm sure you noticed, it's a pretty good bunch of guys (and gals). Once the grand poo-bahs of the Corvette Challenge determine which 2015 dates they will be scheduling you can continue to drive and improve in good company.

Big Willow is a challenging track and to do a 1:49, especially under the tire limitations you had, is a good start. The basic car is capable of a lot more and your seat time will ensure that.

Stepping up to a better tire will help a lot. I don't know any alignment shops up in Ventura but maybe Kevin or some of the guys that are in the area might have some suggestions.

Mike
Old 12-15-2014, 04:12 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Thanks Dave!!

I actually got some decent video on my end, but it would be GREAT if you can get me what you can from our third session...
Are you going to have some overlays with your SoloDL data ??

DH
Old 12-15-2014, 06:42 PM
TimFitz
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sundays results!

Steph way to go!! I'd say "you're the man" but that would be just wrong.

Kevin C5 Vogel what an amazing day, where a ring for next event for all to kiss.

Dave Weckl A personal best and then some!! nice 30!

Nick, Holy ****, nice job!! at this rate of improvement you will be breaking the sound barrier soon....awesome job.

Lloyd...Mr. fast as always.

Rich, Joel, and Steve all wicked fast!! you guys were hooked up!

Chris super job on new track! pretty fast out there.

Donny He doesn't spin wrenches he spins tires!!!! nice job.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:44 PM
TimFitz
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sorry to have missed you all

See you in 2015

Fun will be had by all!!

Sure miss Howard and Ed though.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:48 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by TimFitz
See you in 2015

Fun will be had by all!!

The baton has been handed ..................

DH
Old 12-15-2014, 06:56 PM
Evolution-ary
Burning Brakes

Thanks Dave!!

Videos are uploaded to the dropbox folder Joel!
Old 12-15-2014, 07:00 PM
Evolution-ary
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TimFitz
See you in 2015

Fun will be had by all!!

Yes! I left Ed out of my 'missing' list! Sorry! ...

Ed was one of the first folks around to help me get into this 'wanna be racer' hobby!

Thanks Ed! (I think! ;-$)
Old 12-15-2014, 07:01 PM
Hollywood Extra
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This event was awesome. The changes I made to the car made it feel like a completely different car. Once I got used to it I loved it (plus I love the new look, pic attached).

Yesterday was only my second day at Willow Springs (technically I've been there three times, but the first time I had a day-ending flat tire in the second session so I don't count that one). So I'm still learning the track and would have hopefully improved without the changes to the car.

My previous personal best was 1:37:9 on MPSS. My best yesterday with the suspension changes and MPSS was 1:34:3. My best with the suspension changes and R6's was 1:31:2.

I have been running in Comp Mode with the street tires with no computer intervention, but when I put the R6's on I think "Active Handling" was constantly lit up. So, I turned the computer completely off and it felt fantastic. I had so much fun and can't wait to go back.

The video of my fast session is rendering...
Attached Images  
Old 12-15-2014, 07:12 PM
Evolution-ary
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Hollywood Extra
This event was awesome. The changes I made to the car made it feel like a completely different car. Once I got used to it I loved it (plus I love the new look, pic attached).

Yesterday was only my second day at Willow Springs (technically I've been there three times, but the first time I had a day-ending flat tire in the second session so I don't count that one). So I'm still learning the track and would have hopefully improved without the changes to the car.

My previous personal best was 1:37:9 on MPSS. My best yesterday with the suspension changes and MPSS was 1:34:3. My best with the suspension changes and R6's was 1:31:2.

I have been running in Comp Mode with the street tires with no computer intervention, but when I put the R6's on I think "Active Handling" was constantly lit up. So, I turned the computer completely off and it felt fantastic. I had so much fun and can't wait to go back.

The video of my fast session is rendering...
Congrats Nick! I could tell you were excited when you blew by me on the Checkered Flag/cool down lap in that Red/Green session !!! I guess you didn't see it (which reminds me to tell SV to get ALL corner workers to wave the Checkered ... none were after the front straight)...

Next time we gotta make sure and run together and have some fun ... Everyone is getting faster... Awesome!
Old 12-15-2014, 07:46 PM
doveboat
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes! I left Ed out of my 'missing' list! Sorry! ...

Ed was one of the first folks around to help me get into this 'wanna be racer' hobby!

Thanks Ed! (I think! ;-$)
Thanks Dave, looked like an action packed day with many folks achieving some great individual mile stones.

Looking forward to seeing the 2015 schedule !

Ed

Get notified of new replies

To 2014 Corvette Challenge Finale: DOWNLOAD !!

Old 12-15-2014, 08:09 PM
Hollywood Extra
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Nick! I could tell you were excited when you blew by me on the Checkered Flag/cool down lap in that Red/Green session !!! I guess you didn't see it (which reminds me to tell SV to get ALL corner workers to wave the Checkered ... none were after the front straight)...

Next time we gotta make sure and run together and have some fun ... Everyone is getting faster... Awesome!
You're right. I totally missed it!
Old 12-15-2014, 10:21 PM
mpryan
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a great time. My first time at big willow. I really like. This track.
Christian. I left the track before I got a chance to say it was nice meeting you.
Mike. Thanks for the ride along and the help. I can't wait till the next time

Old 12-15-2014, 11:43 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Good seeing you guys. I wasn't in the Corvette Challenge... And didn't even bring my Corvette, but I thought you guys might get a kick out of watching my video. My fastest lap was 1:30.137, but the microphone was off..... So this was my fastest lap with video and sound.

Charley

Last edited by Charley Hoyt; 12-16-2014 at 03:50 PM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Corvette Challenge Finale: DOWNLOAD !!